198 replies to this topic

#21 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:22 PM

This looks good.

Incentives for other modes and team play are great.

#22 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:38 PM

The End of Round screen will now default to the Player Stats screen.

This is on the PTS as well and it's REALLY IRRITATING ME. I don't like it.

#23 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:43 PM

Before anyone complains that they nerfed killing blow, they did not. In fact they buffed it. Killing blow reward was reduced from 4,000 to 3,000 BUT component destruction was increased from 2,300 to 4,000. Every time you get a killing blow you automatically get at least 1 component destruction by default.

Meaning Killing blow was buffed from 6,300 to 7,000

So don't hold your shots at the last minute unless you're a generous soul who to want to give your teammates more money.

Edited by Jman5, 16 November 2015 - 08:50 PM.

#24 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:02 PM

This appears to be a metric-butt-ton of really, really good changes.

... except this one ...

The End of Round screen will now default to the Player Stats screen.

I can kind of guess the purpose ... to reinforce your own individual achievements and rewards, rather than comparing your performance to your team's, or your opponents' ... but this is a team game.

Dammit ... the more I think about it, the more I understand the choice. The individual rewards screen is all positive information, rewarding you for stuff you did, and not highlighting that one of your teams' lances was full of scrubs (or try hards, or casuals, or Davions, or Wolves).

It will take some getting used to, and I don't like it (at first), but I think I understand it.

#25 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:05 PM

Killing clan mechs is going to be so glorious with the increased component destruction and KMD scores..

#26 Deltree Zero

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:28 PM

I am very much looking forward to all these changes! Thank you for putting so much hard work into a free game for me to play. I am really broke, and playing MWO for free is a boon. Keep tweaking! Please add AI mechs to new game modes for teams to practice team tactics with adjustable difficulties and\or just fun. Also, please change the dropship engine sound to something less loopy. Thanks!

#27 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:50 PM

As a medium 'mech aficionado, really I like the C-bill adjustments, thank you PGI! I will be playing more if the payout is noticeably improved.

#28 percolated1

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUpper left coast of the USA

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:51 PM

Sounds promising, I like the idea of having the vote weight slowly increase so you can eventually get a fight you want. Terra Therma Conquest... it's coming back! ;-)

#29 percolated1

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUpper left coast of the USA

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:55 PM

I like the idea of team play being rewarded more than kill mongering, should perhaps point the way to closer matches. It's like herding cats... but with tuna fish!

#30 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:07 PM

Looks like a very nice patch. Thanks!

(can I save my loadouts... please?)

#31 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 735 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:09 PM

Now wouldn't that Onslaught mode be awsome as a new live game mode?? Cmon PGI you obviously have it done, just add rewards and put it live!

#32 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:11 PM

View Postpercolated1, on 16 November 2015 - 09:51 PM, said:

Sounds promising, I like the idea of having the vote weight slowly increase so you can eventually get a fight you want. Terra Therma Conquest... it's coming back! ;-)

The problem here is "eventually". If I an FORCED to play a game mode I don't like. I WON'T play.

#33 Aedwynn

• PipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:37 PM

Russ listening to feedback? Are you joking? While C-Bill rewards change is welcomed, as well as fixes for hit boxes, but weighted voting? 75% asked to remove that voting crap, but it still there. I already know how to abuse it. If cold map /skirmish is winning, just cast your vote for something else till it's slightly winning. Then on next map you got x2 vote to push for cold an skirmish again!
Just dressing the pig...

Edited by Aedwynn, 16 November 2015 - 10:39 PM.

#34 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:41 PM

View PostFractis Zero, on 16 November 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

Great changes!

Any chance you can throw those AI bots into CW ghost drops for the next patch?

Let PGI get enough data out of those academy AI bots... One day those will crowd CW :P

#35 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:49 PM

Seems like a solid patch. Like the first step of reward adjustments. Please continue on this path to enable viable play styles apart from "kill em all" for individual players. It adds depth.

Game-mode wise... Academy is great and all, but the core game really needs more diversity. Much larger maps, less cluttered. Conquest for example still focuses on Cap locations that awefully close together considering the increased map sizes. The way it is now, a big part of the additional space of the re-done maps just do one thing: they make your way into the fight longer, thus adding to the high percentage of waiting time.

Please:
- Remove skirmish from regular game mode, create a solaris-thingie from it.
- Remove counter-attack for CW, since it's just stupid team death match, no tactics at all

View PostET Penang, on 16 November 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

"We have introduced a weighting mechanism to the Map and Game Mode screen."

Seem like a patch to please the minority voters in the game, but does not really address the core issue - Is there a way I can avoid playing the "mode" I don't really want? PGI?

They won't and can't, since Russ said one of the main objectives for the voting systems was to unify waiting queues - the pools for skirmish, assault and conquest. If you're able to (de-) select game modes entirely, there will be individual pools again, nullifying the whole benefit of the voting system apart from letting PGI know about the popularity of each map.

#36 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:08 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 16 November 2015 - 10:49 PM, said:

Seems like a solid patch. Like the first step of reward adjustments. Please continue on this path to enable viable play styles apart from "kill em all" for individual players. It adds depth.

Game-mode wise... Academy is great and all, but the core game really needs more diversity. Much larger maps, less cluttered. Conquest for example still focuses on Cap locations that awefully close together considering the increased map sizes. The way it is now, a big part of the additional space of the re-done maps just do one thing: they make your way into the fight longer, thus adding to the high percentage of waiting time.

Please:
- Remove skirmish from regular game mode, create a solaris-thingie from it.
- Remove counter-attack for CW, since it's just stupid team death match, no tactics at all

They won't and can't, since Russ said one of the main objectives for the voting systems was to unify waiting queues - the pools for skirmish, assault and conquest. If you're able to (de-) select game modes entirely, there will be individual pools again, nullifying the whole benefit of the voting system apart from letting PGI know about the popularity of each map.

PGi can watch as the pools shrink because people stop playing vs. playing game modes they don't like.

#37 Kai Allard Liao

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 109 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:12 PM

The Changes to the Vote-System doesn't help me.

U lost one of your most active Player, PGI.

View PostKai Allard Liao, on 12 November 2015 - 12:09 AM, said:

I was a Assault-Mode-only-Daishi-Player with 53.5 kph.
Assault-Mode is much more static than "Skirmish-beeing-left-behind".
Yes, i m able to rock with smaller faster Mechs - but I love slow Assault-Mechs!

Why should i play a Game which reduced Fun for me down to 1 of 4 Matches? Thats to much waste of time cause I m forced to play Matches without Fun for me.
I m with Fenris, i started to Leroy-Jenkins-Run into Enemies cause of beeing frustrated.

I played many hours per Day since two Years.
I stopped playin since 5 Days completely and found a WW2-Tank/Plane-Game instead.

Maybe i will play MWO-Events when there is a good Prize. But in General, if they dont bring back the possibility of Assault-Mode only, i ll stay away. Maybe PGi want Skirmish-Player only, i dunno.

In my Eyes, they replaced a already given possibility to choose with the less worth possibility to vote.

Sorry about my English, its not my native Language.
I don't discuss or argue on this Topic. Its a Statement.

Greetings, John Werner / Kai Allard Liao and Deirdre Lear / Kai Allard-Liao (yes, multiple Accounts) Posted Image

#38 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:20 PM

View PostDak Darklighter, on 16 November 2015 - 06:53 PM, said:

Not sure if the Arctic Cheater really needed a Champion mech. Shouldn't it be the really non-meta mechs getting Champion variants to diversify the battlefield? But I guess you gotta appeal to everyone's favourite OP mech because lol more money that way.

On the other hand, Onslaught mode sounds awesome. Will certainly be giving that a try.

I think your thinking of hero mechs, champion mechs are basically stock mechs with a proper loadout. Anyone that has cheetahs is already capable of building the same thing

#39 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:32 PM

Great patch, thanks PGI.... especially the much-needed C-Bill buff.

I may start playing again.

#40 Stealth 1S1K

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:57 PM

I am wondering with the new champ mechs ach-prime(c) will that in any way change my ach-prime(I) or is it another mech i have to go and buy?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users