... why not "Bannockburn"????

#2 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:38 AM

No idea what the Bannockburn is. But the Rifleman "Legendkiller' is arguably the most popular battlemech in the history of battletech in terms of it's media coverage and stuff as Grey Noton piloted it for his Solaris VII matches and won the grand championship in it. Nearly everyone and their mother knows this mech in battletech the same way you know of [x] famous person.

#3 Stormie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 279 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:48 PM

No real reason, both Bannockburn (Davis McCall from the Grey Death Legion) and Legend Killer (Gray Noton per above) are both named stock mechs, that is their loadout in the fiction is the same as a standard variant.
They probably went with Legendkiller as being a solaris mech its not tied to a merc unit, so can use other mechs from the Legion. like how we have Kells archer rather than Jaime Wolf's - we'd already had a wolfs dragoons named mech IIRC.
Also because legendkiller is in the stackpole novels and was driven by Justin Allard, its probably slightly more well known.

Edited by Stormie, 20 December 2015 - 09:51 PM.

#4 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 December 2015 - 05:14 AM

View PostStormie, on 20 December 2015 - 09:48 PM, said:

-snip-

I was preffer sure that the load out of Legendkiller was never revealed (rather to be stock or not) and was rumored to even be a "Super-rifleman" [or a jagermech that looks like more like a rifleman as I like to call it]. I forgot if the Rifleman II or Super-rifleman was the 'in game' rumor or the fan rumor, I know one of the two is but the one we got into game is the Rifleman II which probably was the reason they went with legend killer as it had at least options to have a custom variant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users