#1 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:11 AM

New patch, same gripe.

Russ said that voting was to make things faster, well it didnt. He said weighting the vote was to be more fair or some such. NOPE. still borked, still broken.

1. Match Maker times are being dragged out to be LONGER what, with voting going on, then loading INTO the match, then waiting for it to finally start.

2. The vote is STILL being dinked with to make people play modes they do not want.

3. Voting has got to go. period. russ, pgi, if yall are listening to us, then the proof would be taking a broken system and replacing it with what WORKED.

4. opting out before voting worked just fine, it even put you with like minded pilots. NOW? all we see is the skirmish mindset poisoning everything.

#2 Tuis Ryche

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 324 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:52 AM

Sometimes I want to play one mode, sometimes I want to play another. The old system granted me that freedom...ACTUAL freedom...to choose the mode I played. This voting system does no such thing. It throws me into a single pot and subjects me to whatever the mob or the trolls want. The "fix" was to weight the votes, which only turned the vote into some ******** pre-match minigame. I've not see this reduced wait time, but I have seen an extra 20 seconds wasted on this vote screen where percentages glitch around like Michael J. Fox on meth and ******* until the timer runs out and I'm stuck in some **** mode and map where if I die "too soon" I get reported...though, if I take too long to die, I can get reported too.

A heaping load of horseshit.

#3 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:12 AM

But we are making shiny for stoobs = new steam players

I thought the way it used to be was fine, select my mode hit play. Ah well

#4 Rinkata Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 315 posts
  • LocationSoviet Clans

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:05 AM

I am actually like new voting system very much. Now I can't be stuck at Manifold and Thera Therma isn't so rare for me. xD

Edited by Rinkata Kimiku, 18 November 2015 - 06:44 AM.

#5 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 582 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:54 AM

The old system was far better. Random map is pretty okay and we could toggle the gamemodes. I´m missing that feature, because I want to play this or that when I want. Matching times were pretty okay in tier2.

Now I have to play many combinations of what I dislike until I got a "perfect" match. Sorry... why?
The old mode-toggle was super! I´d like to have it back :)

edit: typos

Edited by Herr Vorragend, 18 November 2015 - 06:55 AM.

#6 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:04 AM

Mode voting sucks... Should be removed.

Anyway, when released on steam it should be needed anymore.
Lot's of player without a clue with all modes selected :D

#7 M T

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGouda, South Holland

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:09 AM

Its just a minigame in a game, nothing more nothing less.

and the voting system worked pretty well but now the touched it again and it sucks, not even gonna bother.

#8 RogueGarou

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:18 AM

I do not like the voting. I personally don't care to play Conquest very often so I normally played Assault and Skirmish. The random maps also meant that I played a general purpose Mech or I had to deal with not having optimal weapon setups or heat performance. It was interesting and kept things from getting stale. Since voting started, I am pretty tired of the Mining Collective and Canyon Network maps while Terra Therma is maybe a once a week event and Alpine Peaks is almost as rare.

Voting on a map could be fun but if we are going to pick a map, then why not just give an option to select a map or a series of maps instead of voting? For example, put a series of city maps together into a group and if a player prefers city maps, they pick that group and play those maps. If someone wants to play wilderness maps, bunch those into another group, snow maps into another groups and so on. You would likely wind up with most people playing on the snow maps so perhaps an incentive to play on the less popular map groups could be implemented. Something like a 10% XP and\or C-bill boost for playing on the less popular map groups.

Whatever the final result, I really dislike voting on the game mode. I would prefer that this feature be removed or be made optional.

#9 Rededevil

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:17 AM

My original statement stands from the last patch...
  • Game Mode should be user choice...
  • I don't care what happens to the map mode, but random worked just find for me in the past, bringing it back would be an improvement.

#10 Mustang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMargaritaville , Al

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:55 AM

Voting Must Go !!!!!

#11 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:26 AM

Remove voting...

#12 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:29 PM

Actually, I've been timing the matchmaker for me getting into matches and I am down almost 50% in matchmaking time. I still see stomps, but I see more matches going to at least 12-5 now, too. With the weighted voting system added in, I now see a decent spread of maps and modes.

OP - JUST STOP IT ALREADY.

#13 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:00 PM

Wired I will not stop. This voting crap is a clear case of: if it isn't broke BREAK IT! Only by voicing dissent do we have a chance to fix it. Not saying anything is agreement by silence. Also map vote =\= mode vote. Forcing players to play what they don't want is our problem. It would be akin to playing say mortal combat but being told you MUST play Sonya only and do so w/out her moves or combos or finishers.

#14 Jabilo

• Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:11 PM

Voting needs to go.

It is literally ruining the game for people who do not want to play certain game modes.

For the love of god please remove game mode and map voting.

Edited by Jabilo, 18 November 2015 - 02:11 PM.

#15 ET Penang

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPenang: near Char Koay Teow, Nasi Lemak & Chandoi stalls

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:09 PM

Why PGI still wanted to keep the voting system despite it doesn't really achieve the intended purpose (to reduce waiting time)? Perhaps....

1. Too much "sunk" costs?
2. Loss face (if retreat) of someone who came with this "excellent" idea?
3. Conspire to piss off solo match players, so more people start playing CW (judged by the increase of CW rewards)?
3. Don't give a **** of what the customers think?

One things I am sure of, too many dissatisfied "customers" are bad for business.

#16 Archivar

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:07 PM

Voting needs to go.

#17 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:23 PM

All maps need equal weight % to be picked. As far as I'm aware *haven't seen any mention of it anywhere*, the % is still borked to show the least popular maps in quantity.

#18 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:31 PM

I'm enjoying the game far more with voting than without.

I rarely have to vote (I reserve it for when I see a combo I really would prefer not to play), so I get a good variety of maps, don't get the combos I would prefer to avoid (like Terra Therma skirmish, I despise, but TT conquest I like quite a bit). I see a good variety of match modes, although I don't understand why only 2 of the three seem available to vote on.

I get plenty of of mixed matches this way, and don't seem to get stuck in a rut of maps like previous to voting.

Save the vote to avoid combos you dislike and I think you'll get better results.

#19 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:51 PM

The benefit of the voting system is most apparent for players who play during non-prime time hours. If you're not one of those people, the excuse that voting does not improve anything for you is irrelevant as improving match-making time for as many people as possible is the primary reason for its implementation.

The Nov 17th changes seem to provide better results in map / mode variance but the real decider will be how good the new game mode will be if when it is rolled out.

#20 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:35 PM

PGI ? ARE YOU STUPID ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users