• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 23 November 2015 - 03:31 PM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 23 November 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

So what was SOLD to you? An "idea" and Mechs to fight with. If you wanted a SP game then why did you BUY a Online MP game? Next you will say they made "promises" too right? Read you Sig again good sir...

You are not to bright so I am not sure I need to explain anymore since I know you won't get it but I will try again since I feel bad for you.

First of all I was at the launch party in person when they explained what CW was gonna be...which I wouldn't consider a promise but I do consider it a "selling" point. Hard concept I know but bear with me you might learn something. Look at it this way. They pitched a long term macro part of the game that was very appealing to a lot of people who in turn bought stuff to support that effort.

For the second time my sig refers to the meta and balance in terms of weapons and mechs. It does not help you make your point which I am sure you think is so clever. So next time you think you have someone in a "gotcha" moment you might want to make sure you have it right so it works out in your favor. Good try though. Trying is like practice....eventually you might not suck at it.

#22 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:12 PM

View PostFlash Frame, on 23 November 2015 - 07:01 AM, said:

What was sold to us [refering to legendary founder tier]

I believe what came to about 200USD in MC.

1Founders mech of each weightclass.

Name in the credits.

Forum Badge.

That's it, that's all that was "Sold" to us. To think anything more, is folly. Now, I do agree, they TEASED us with high hopes and ideas... about this robust CW experience that would make all mechs matter and all.

Keep in mind, part of the fundimental problems with this game, don't even sit on the shoulders of the devs, but on the attitude of the playerbase itself. You take the optimal things because you WANT to, and because you can. but you never stop to think if you SHOULD do so.

the "meta" does nothing but hurt the game in the long run, it becomes stale. And is why I'm happily in Tier4, I don't play the meta, I play mechs I like, proxy's of mechs we don't have yet, ect.

So, PGI pitched us a multiplayer mech game, we have a multiplayer mech game... we also have a game that has released mechs that have never, or rarely been seen in digital form also. Both of those things, are important for Mechwarrior as a brand.

Did I get everything I wanted from this game? No, far from it, and the dev's have had their moments of idiocy, BUT, this is the best mechwarrior experience in town right now... so I'll happily take it.
Well unlike you bro I don't settle for things. I am not gonna just be happy since it is the only mech game out there. CW phase 3 isn't gonna get CW where it needs to be so I will be demanding they do the needful until they do or after phase 4 fails also.

#23 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:35 PM

View PostKarl Carver, on 18 November 2015 - 01:55 AM, said:

My Haupty from mercs packed 3 LBX AC20s

Those who recognised it ran, those who didnt died

usually when I saw those types of builds I generously helped the to copious quantities of gauss and ERLL fire before they got in range. Slow, short ranged Assaults.... always delicious! (though pesky in city maps, for sure!)

#24 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:48 PM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 23 November 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

Well unlike you bro I don't settle for things. I am not gonna just be happy since it is the only mech game out there. CW phase 3 isn't gonna get CW where it needs to be so I will be demanding they do the needful until they do or after phase 4 fails also.

I didn't settle.

I came to terms with what I was actually sold... which was what I listed.

You, are simply a whiny, entitled brat.

#25 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:27 PM

View PostFlash Frame, on 23 November 2015 - 07:48 PM, said:

I didn't settle.

I came to terms with what I was actually sold... which was what I listed.

You, are simply a whiny, entitled brat.

You came to terms because you know they can't deliver what they sold. You settled which is why you consider me whiny.

#26 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:39 PM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 23 November 2015 - 10:27 PM, said:

You came to terms because you know they can't deliver what they sold. You settled which is why you consider me whiny.

Is it that, or is that you're butthurt over a video game?

#27 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:48 PM

View PostMadcap72, on 24 November 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

Is it that, or is that you're butthurt over a video game?

Wut? So if you went to a store and bought something that was advertised as something you thought worth purchasing only to find out it isn't you would rationalize why you shouldn't be butthurt? Okay. MWO isn't bait and switch but rather bait and incompetence. They fooled me once but not twice once I saw CW.

#28 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:39 PM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 24 November 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

Wut? So if you went to a store and bought something that was advertised as something you thought worth purchasing only to find out it isn't you would rationalize why you shouldn't be butthurt? Okay. MWO isn't bait and switch but rather bait and incompetence. They fooled me once but not twice once I saw CW.

No, I did some due diligence, looked into the development of the game, and decided not to buy a founders pack. I could have, and was really tempted.

Fast forward, now I spend money on the game to support it, and don't act all bitter vet because I had unrealistic expectations.

#29 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:52 PM

View PostMadcap72, on 24 November 2015 - 06:39 PM, said:

No, I did some due diligence, looked into the development of the game, and decided not to buy a founders pack. I could have, and was really tempted.

Fast forward, now I spend money on the game to support it, and don't act all bitter vet because I had unrealistic expectations.

I didn't founder either. I waited till I was at the launch party standing there while Bryan gave the CW presentation not 15 feet from me. So don't act like your decision was any more cautious than mine. Unrealistic expectations? The features CW should have are dime a dozen in the gaming world. There is nothing unrealistic about it other than PGI having the skills to do any of it. Odd that you support now considering the game is no different than it was over three years ago only we have more mechs. To each his own.

#30 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:18 AM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 24 November 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

I didn't founder either. I waited till I was at the launch party standing there while Bryan gave the CW presentation not 15 feet from me. So don't act like your decision was any more cautious than mine. Unrealistic expectations? The features CW should have are dime a dozen in the gaming world. There is nothing unrealistic about it other than PGI having the skills to do any of it. Odd that you support now considering the game is no different than it was over three years ago only we have more mechs. To each his own.

No different three years ago except for more mechs? Are you smoking crack?

#31 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:11 AM

View PostMadcap72, on 25 November 2015 - 01:18 AM, said:

No different three years ago except for more mechs? Are you smoking crack?

You tell me....what is different about team death match 12 v 12 arena battles now than three years ago? CW is not engaging and pointless. If you want to say that is a game changer then fine but to me and most guys I ran with once it was released thought otherwise and it isn't gonna be worth doing after phase 3 either. Phase 4? Ya right, PGI can't give us features already established in run of the mill MMOs have decades ago. So unless you can bring up something other than them fixing maps, hitboxes, weapon balance changes(meta), mechlab (we could always build mechs the entire time), more mechs (they are redundant and pointless once you have the top mechs in each class),or UI changes I say otherwise. Them needing to fix everything they do is not new content. Mechs are not new content. Maps are content....redone maps are not.

So tell me what has changed then?

#32 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:03 AM

To put this crap to rest:

$120 LEGENDARY Founder's Package Includes:

All 4 exclusive “Founder's BattleMechs. These Mechs include a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster.

$80 value of in-game currency* for in-game item purchases.

Three-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.

Founder's Tag - sets your status apart from the crowd & get noticed in-game and on the forums.

Game credits The player name included as one of the Legendary in the MechWarrior Online game credits.

Early access to the game along with Founder's assets availability starts August 7th.

copied from here: https://mwomercs.com...age-on-sale-now

This, is what I was sold, and what I bought, I hold no illusions otherwise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users