Is Ac10 Velocity

7 replies to this topic

Poll: AC10 velocity (21 member(s) have cast votes)

I am one of the 10 people who use it, and the slug travels too slow

1. Yes, more velocity (18 votes [85.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. No (3 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:00 PM

Small boost to the velocity please, that's all. I can throw rocks faster than that. It really needs it. Im referring specifically to the IS AC10. I'm not sure what the situation is with the Clan AC10.

Thanks

Edited by Gigliowanananacom, 18 November 2015 - 04:04 PM.

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:14 AM

NO - not more speed - already have more ammunition :angry:

#3 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 21 November 2015 - 09:25 PM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 19 November 2015 - 08:14 AM, said:

NO - not more speed - already have more ammunition :angry:

You talk as if the AC10 has been a massively OP weapon in the past or something. Its a crappy weapon, and more ammo doesn't make it better. I could have 100000000 shots, but if the weapon is still bad.... then how would that extra ammo help in any way?

The extra ammo thing was silly. Its like going to a shop to have your light saber fixed, and the dude just hands you batteries and sais, "here, all these batteries in your pocket is gonna fix your issue." Well now i'll never run out of batteries for my light saber, but the thing is still broken.

Im not asking for more damage, or more fire rate, or anything ridiculous. just a little velocity, who's it gonna hurt?

Edited by Gigliowanananacom, 21 November 2015 - 09:29 PM.

#4 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:46 PM

More velocity hurts the guy you are shoting at.
There is a reason why high velocity gauss and lasers are currently the A Game. It's hard to evade them - they negate movement so you cross a plain as fast as possible without change of your course because those weapons will hit anyhow.
But with slower velocity there would be a reason to alter course more frequently

#5 takkom

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:22 AM

i dont agree with your logic...

the OP isnt asking for hitscan ac10. the weight and ammo advantage of an ac10 simply do not even come close to the increased bang of the ac20 since it is so difficult to hit something in ranges where the ac20 is also effective. as such, i think most will agree that it is subpar compared to the 20. and you yourself brought forth the argument why all balistics minus gauss are lacking in comparison to lasers. if no nerfs are made to other weapons, the ac10 is therefore due for some loving.

sure the ac20 can only fit into a few mechs or restricts engine type but a small buff to velocity would not hurt imo UNTIL lasers are made non-hitscan. the tabletop ammo amounts that mwo uses (with only minor tweaks) stem from a game where shooting a laser at a target is exactly as difficult as bringing an AC slug in on it. considering the disparity in mwo i am surprised the devs have not increased ammo on all balistics by 50% and lowered heat and range by a similar amount (or nerfed lasers). it really doesnt make sense that the weapon which is so much harder to hit with is so restricted by ammo while the easy hitscan is ammo-less and light weight -___-

#6 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:37 AM

All non-gauss projectile weapons (PPC included) need a projectile velocity buff.

#7 refrigeraptor

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 17 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 November 2015 - 04:43 AM

Shooting ac rounds feels like trowing pebbles, the AC10 as it is now is usefull only as brawling weapon, might as well use the AC20 if i can.

Also, ammo swap for LBX 10 should be added, the only tactical advanatge of that gun is not in game :(

#8 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:38 AM

In a physically realistic world (yeah, right? ), regarding the speed of a projectile (let's assume the projectiles mass/size accounts for the 10 damage count), an acceleration in projectile speed would create a much bigger damage. As the law of Newtonian Kinetic energy of rigid bodies Ek=(m/2)v2 defines, the kinetic energie of an object ( Ek aka "10 Damage") equals 1/2 mass of the projectile times velocity of the projectile squared. If we would double the speed of the projectile, we would actually quadruple the kinetic energy and hence the damage. Getting 40 damage for the slot/tonnage price of an AC10? Bring it on!

Of course this posting is so not to be taken seriously and all just in good fun but hell, I just couldn't resist!
Have a great start into the new week everybody :D

Edited by Thomster, 30 November 2015 - 03:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users