Not Playing Until Mutipliers Are Removed

190 replies to this topic

#1 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:20 AM

all people are doing is farming multipliers no ones voting for maps. got stuck playing the same map

8 times today 3 of those in a row because every one jumps on the map with the least votes trying

to get there multiplier.

hope you'll join me but know u wont.

#2 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:50 AM

Not that anything related to voting will get me to leave the game, but really the original system was better where each person got one vote, it seemed fair at least and most people seemed happier about it. Now we get Terra Therma or Forest Colony every other match and some guy in the chat being smug saying "Oh, you can thank me for the map."

A lot of people I actually talk with ingame also dislike the weighting system but did like the ability to choose a map they would play.

So if we are voting on the subject of voting then I would vote to have no weighted votes.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:52 AM

Ah, the donkey parable. PGI simply cannot please everyone at the same time.

#4 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:03 AM

im happy with the voting system its the multipliers i hate

#5 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:07 AM

View Postbadaa, on 19 November 2015 - 02:03 AM, said:

im happy with the voting system its the multipliers i hate

And there are others who hate the voting system without multipliers. So what if you stop playing? Others will start playing because they can now use multipliers to get the map they want. So the one who loses out is you, if you stop playing.

Edited by El Bandito, 19 November 2015 - 02:10 AM.

#6 Daelen Rottiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:10 AM

View Postbadaa, on 19 November 2015 - 01:20 AM, said:

all people are doing is farming multipliers no ones voting for maps. got stuck playing the same map

8 times today 3 of those in a row because every one jumps on the map with the least votes trying

to get there multiplier.

lol really?!

#7 monk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:10 AM

The multipliers don't help anything except giving you a fun clicking game.

Why we don't just use a simple weight system with each map having a base chance to be chosen at the end is beyond me.

#8 Roadbuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:20 AM

I don't see the problem.
I still didn't drop on Caustic or Terra once since patch. It's almost the same as before, just a bit more Forest, Bog and River than before.

And what's the use of "farming" multipliers? You vote for a map and 23 people vote for other maps. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but you'd have to vote for the "wrong" map at least 13 times to beat all other players and get that map, IF none of the other players got a multiplier, which won't be the case.
There's a higher chance that once you have some multipliers and vote for a map, you will get it, which would mean voting works like intended.

(Btw., you can't "farm" multipliers when not selecting a map or gamemode. It will stay at x1 if you don't select anything.)

If people keep complaining, just get rid of voting and make it random again. Problem solved. :P

#9 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:20 AM

View Postmonk, on 19 November 2015 - 02:10 AM, said:

The multipliers don't help anything except giving you a fun clicking game.

Why we don't just use a simple weight system with each map having a base chance to be chosen at the end is beyond me.

Because people will complain that even though 97% of people picked Frozen City again, the MM chose Terra Therma @ 3%.

TBH I'd be happy with completely random maps and modes.

#10 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:25 AM

You could also hold your breath until you turn blue?

Edited by Appogee, 19 November 2015 - 02:29 AM.

#11 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:26 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 November 2015 - 02:07 AM, said:

And there are others who hate the voting system without multipliers. So what if you stop playing? Others will start playing because they can now use multipliers to get the map they want. So the one who loses out is you, if you stop playing.

but there not getting the map they want thats my point ppl r just jumping on the map that no ones voting on for the multiplier

#12 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:40 AM

View Postbadaa, on 19 November 2015 - 02:26 AM, said:

but there not getting the map they want thats my point ppl r just jumping on the map that no ones voting on for the multiplier

Give them time to get used to the system. Soon such silliness will fade. The issue with players is--they complain too early. Their impatience has led to the current weighted vote system.

Edited by El Bandito, 19 November 2015 - 02:50 AM.

#13 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:44 AM

View PostRoadbuster, on 19 November 2015 - 02:20 AM, said:

I don't see the problem.
I still didn't drop on Caustic or Terra once since patch. It's almost the same as before, just a bit more Forest, Bog and River than before.

And what's the use of "farming" multipliers? You vote for a map and 23 people vote for other maps. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but you'd have to vote for the "wrong" map at least 13 times to beat all other players and get that map, IF none of the other players got a multiplier, which won't be the case.
There's a higher chance that once you have some multipliers and vote for a map, you will get it, which would mean voting works like intended.

(Btw., you can't "farm" multipliers when not selecting a map or gamemode. It will stay at x1 if you don't select anything.)

If people keep complaining, just get rid of voting and make it random again. Problem solved. :P

This.

Looks to me that most people didn't understand how this voting multipliers work.

For example, if you try to "farm" your vote up to 12, you'll have a point where you already have a weight of 11 votes. And you have to vote (and lose) to get the 12th.

"Farming" votes is an idiot move anyway, just vote for the things you like and play the game.

#14 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:50 AM

So, you're saying that some people deliberate don't get the map they want 11 times, so they can get the map they want 1 time...?

Abandon reason, all ye who enter here.

#15 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:52 AM

I have no idea why they went for this bizarre multiplier system instead of doing the obvious thing and changing the map selection from 'first past the post' (most votes always gets played) to proportional representation (each map has a chance of being chosen equal to the percentage of votes it received)

People ARE playing the minigame where they swap their vote at the last second to a map that wont win, so they can increase their voting power next round, which is causing Bog to constantly get selected because too many people swap to it at the last second.

View PostAppogee, on 19 November 2015 - 02:50 AM, said:

So, you're saying that some people deliberate don't get the map they want 11 times, so they can get the map they want 1 time...?

No, they vote for the map they want, but if its winning by a decent margin with 1s to go they dont NEED to vote for it to get it, so they quickly swap to the lowest percentage map just before voting ends, with the idea that it wont change the map selected, but will give them an extra vote next time in case they need it. that is leading to the map no one wants getting chosen all the time, because too many people are playing that mingame at once, lol.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 19 November 2015 - 02:58 AM.

#16 Daelen Rottiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:55 AM

View Postbadaa, on 19 November 2015 - 02:26 AM, said:

A couple of freakin years you didn't get to chose the map you wanted - now your choice can make a difference, if it doesn't work out the first vote the next time your voice makes even bigger difference. At least in solo que. I can't understand the whine bout that

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 19 November 2015 - 02:52 AM, said:

People ARE playing the minigame where they swap their vote at the last second to a map that wont win, so they can increase their voting power next round, which is causing Bog to constantly get selected because too many people swap to it at the last second.

Can't share that experience and I've played lots of soloque the last days

#17 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:02 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 November 2015 - 02:40 AM, said:

Give them time to get used to the system. Soon such silliness will fade. The issue with players is--they complain too early. Their impatience has led to the current weighted vote system.

ur right more or less but bog 8 ******* times i need to rant

View PostAppogee, on 19 November 2015 - 02:50 AM, said:

sadly yes

next time ur in game voting wait till the last 3 seconds and watch what happens

#18 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:24 AM

So we're moaning about map voting now?

We used to moan about the length of time match maker took.

Before that it was the rotations of the maps.

Before that it was that we did/didn't want to play x,y or z mode.

Before that.......... who bloody cares! Once you are on the map and in whichever mode happens to win the vote, do you engage in 'Mech combat shooting targets and trying to win the match? You know, the same way you would on another map, using one of the other two gamemodes?

I have played this game A LOT over the last 3 1/4 years and the matchmaker is working as best it has since the old 8 vs 8 system. Wait times are respectable, match quality is usually pretty good and is normally dependant on which side makes the most mistakes; the voting on which map/mode only helps the MM to do this.

So what would you rather have good games/short wait times or random games/long wait times?

Although I suspect, regardless of what PGI does, SOMEONE will find SOMETHING to come on the forums and moan about.

Edited by xX PUG Xx, 19 November 2015 - 03:26 AM.

#19 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:25 AM

to get there multiplier.

Signed x3!

I will show myself out....

#20 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:38 AM

to get there multiplier.

How did you know that wasn't the map that they wanted?

And that "problem" will sort itself out, as they'll lose their multiplier soon enough if they do that as they'll win the vote and be down to one again.

I'm also failing to see how "stuck on the same maps because of votes" is any different to previous complaints of "stuck on the same maps because of [[insert assorted reasons here]]"

Edited by Raggedyman, 19 November 2015 - 05:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users