#141 Tvrdoglavi

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:20 AM

View PostMADUSMC, on 21 November 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

I am going to preface this in admitting that I did not read every single post so someone may have said this already.

I think a better idea would be to sell a 4 Mech pack. Have preassembled drop decks for CW. I feel that it would be much more useful than these packs that they are offering. They could bundle 4 Mechs and a few modules or something. The community could vote on the composition of the drop deck as we get to with the champion Mechs.

That is a great idea that PGI should make a note of. But that should be put on sale when they make a major improvement to CW. CW is not in a state where pushing that to new users would be beneficial.

Edited by Tvrdoglavi, 23 November 2015 - 09:29 AM.

#142 LoveThesis

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:31 AM

Hi PGI,

A lot of the commenters here are literally telling you how you can change things so that they would give you their money. I think you should listen.

Edited by LoveThesis, 23 November 2015 - 09:38 AM.

#143 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:02 AM

View PostMrElusive, on 21 November 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

this might have been a good deal if the $60.00 pack included the other 6 mech's.

I just don't see the value in spending the $60.00 for the two mech's.

But it's not JUST about the Mech's ... you have to look at the entire thing. The problem as I see it, is that the way they are promoting/advertising this is the way you just perceived it. "You are buying 2 mechs for the money and have some other stuff thrown in, but it's all about the mechs."

I think they should promote it the other way. Disassociate the Mechs with the Package Name and concentrate on the "Digital Goodies" and that the Mech's are a bonus. People are focusing on 2 Mechs for the Money instead of all the other stuff as well. They are marketing it backwards which makes it look like a bad deal because if you look at it FOR THE MECHS vs THE PRICE then it sucks because if you spend $80 on the Mauler pack you get 12 Mechs for example.

But it's not just about the Mechs.

Take the Assault Pack for $60. The 4,000 MC is $18 ($22 if you use 179-1), the 6.5 Mil Cbills is $18 ($22), the Premium Time is $12...which is a $48($56) value already. So the additional $12($4) gets you 2 Assault Mechs + Mech Bays as well as the Camo and Colors for each. So deeply discounted Mechs + Mech Bays which would normally cost you $51 ($71) for just the Mechs and Mech Bays.

I still think that will be tough to sell to a crowd of new players that probably don't yet understand the Value of MC and Premium Time, but perhaps something like that would begin to teach them. I don't know ... the only other thing I could think that would be better would be to let each person build their own "Ala Carte" Performance Pack. Let them choose any 1 IS Mech and any 1 Clan Mech of the appropriate Weight Class, then add in the MC/CBills, etc. and discount it for ~60% of the normal price. Focus on the ~60% discount aspect, not the Mech's themselves so people don't get caught up in only the Mech purchase portion of the equation. That is what I keep seeing everyone griping about ... that they can't believe they are asking for $60 for just 2 mechs! They are totally leaving the other "Digital Goodies" out of the mix.

*note, for the $ values, I am using the best conversion value of 250 to 1 like if you purchased the 25,000 MC Bundle for $99.95. If you value the MC at one of the lower MC bundle rates, then the $ value will increases. I think that is likely the value Russ is thinking when he says it's roughly a 50% Discount on normal prices for everything in the bundle.

#144 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:31 AM

Many of us understand the value of MC, Premium Time, colors, camo, etc and do not want to pay for that stuff. So we don't spend $60 on the game. However we would be tempted to pay $12 for a couple of mechs with C-bill bonuses.

#145 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:04 PM

View PostMumpitzmaster, on 19 November 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

Which DireWolf is it exactly? You mention DWF-W(S) in the News-Post and the Header of the Assaults Section, but in the DireWolf Part of that Section you say DWF-Prime(S).

I would expect it's the W variant as it's the only one with 2 energy hardpoints in it's CT. thus only the W Variant could be doing as in the picture of 3 medium lasers 1 from head 2 from ct

#146 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:19 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 20 November 2015 - 02:25 AM, said:

It would be harder ..... .......Or my guesstimation on hte worth of the premium mechs [minus BH2].

An people say i post walls of texts but you good sir make me look amatuerish

#147 Dodger79

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:22 AM

View PostMoomtazz, on 23 November 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

Many of us understand the value of MC, Premium Time, colors, camo, etc and do not want to pay for that stuff. So we don't spend $60 on the game. However we would be tempted to pay $12 for a couple of mechs with C-bill bonuses.

They just should offer different packs, as it couldn't be that hard to put digital items in a digital store. One sort of package could be the "all in"-variant with CB, MC, PT, modules and stuff like that additional to the Mechs. And the other could be only Mech-Chassis, without any equipment (no engine, no weapons, nothing but the chassis) to keep the costs as low as possible.

edit: oh, and why aren't they putting anything you can buy for MC ingame in the gift store? These things like cockpit items would be real micro-transactions and you wouldn't have to purchase MCs for ~7$ before you can buy a funitem for ~1$...

Edited by Dodger79, 24 November 2015 - 12:26 AM.

#148 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:18 AM

View PostHades Trooper, on 23 November 2015 - 11:19 PM, said:

An people say i post walls of texts but you good sir make me look amatuerish

Never look at some tutorial posts I make.

One of them on some forums are so big that I needed 3 separate posts (original, second, and third) all at max character capacity and still ran out.... I could write a several hundred page book about every single mech in Mechwarrior Online and a tutorial on array of builds, possibilities, the lore, geometry, pros and cons, etc etc etc.... problem is that I quickly learned is when games get updated and patched and stuff I have to rewrite that stuff allllll over again...
For eg the universal always use an XL on a catapult has been challenged with enlarged side torsos recently...

It's a problem I have... due to poor english but curiosity and love for information, I often have to much words to say a simple thing...

Look at this post? I could have simply said : "yes... I often post wall of texts" and left it at that!

#149 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:02 AM

guys, these are steam packs.

it doesnt matter if they are good value or not compared to other packs for this game.

a steam player is going to look at this at says: ''what? 2 heavy mechs and some goodies? i can buy 1 new just released AAA game or 4 older games for that same price. why would i buy this?''

new players that will come from steam wont be battletech fans. battletech fans already play this game.
steam players dont care if its a timber wolf. They will see it like just another robot.

even if these packs were 10-25 they would still think they get more value if they spend that same money on different games. (and rightfully so)

#150 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:26 AM

View PostTvrdoglavi, on 23 November 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

That is a great idea that PGI should make a note of. But that should be put on sale when they make a major improvement to CW. CW is not in a state where pushing that to new users would be beneficial.

interestingly enough, Resistance II actually is exactly an anti-Clan Dropdeck. those four chassis add up to exactly 250 tons.

#151 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:31 AM

View Postmark v92, on 24 November 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

guys, these are steam packs.

it doesnt matter if they are good value or not compared to other packs for this game.

a steam player is going to look at this at says: ''what? 2 heavy mechs and some goodies? i can buy 1 new just released AAA game or 4 older games for that same price. why would i buy this?''

new players that will come from steam wont be battletech fans. battletech fans already play this game.
steam players dont care if its a timber wolf. They will see it like just another robot.

even if these packs were 10-25 they would still think they get more value if they spend that same money on different games. (and rightfully so)

in fairness though, that's just gamers in general. the guys that'll spend the most will be the really competitive ones, i mean, hell, people shell out hundreds of dollars for stuff in browser based games just to get ahead. can't see it being much different here (while none of the mechs themselves are "PtW" really, they'd still buy MC, or C-Bills, or Modules, etc. with RL cash).

that being said, i'm pretty sure people who see a new mech pack they like and notice "Early Access" might go for it too.

#152 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:51 AM

These seem prohibitively overpriced. I hope PGI is listening and does something reasonable, or else they're going to be in for a rude awakening when Steam players start peering in through the window.

#153 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostTarogato, on 24 November 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

These seem prohibitively overpriced. I hope PGI is listening and does something reasonable, or else they're going to be in for a rude awakening when Steam players start peering in through the window.

But they aren't overpriced...they are like 50-60% OFF of normal prices.

The problem is what they put in the bundle and what people are perceiving they are purchasing. Everyone is just looking at the 2 Mechs in the bundle and thinking THAT is all they are buying ... and at those prices, it DOES look expensive. But the bundle contains much more than just the 2 mechs, and those things have a cost/value as well.

They really should market this as a MC/Cbill/Premium Time bundle with some discounted Mech's included. Take the focus OFF of the mechs in the bundle, if they are so intent on offering a bundle. Personally, I think they would be better off just offering the 2 Mechs + Mech Bays at the discounted rate and offer the CBills, MC, Premium time in a bundle by itself.

#154 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:31 AM

View PostCaptRosha, on 24 November 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

But they aren't overpriced...they are like 50-60% OFF of normal prices.

The problem is what they put in the bundle and what people are perceiving they are purchasing. Everyone is just looking at the 2 Mechs in the bundle and thinking THAT is all they are buying ... and at those prices, it DOES look expensive. But the bundle contains much more than just the 2 mechs, and those things have a cost/value as well.

They really should market this as a MC/Cbill/Premium Time bundle with some discounted Mech's included. Take the focus OFF of the mechs in the bundle, if they are so intent on offering a bundle. Personally, I think they would be better off just offering the 2 Mechs + Mech Bays at the discounted rate and offer the CBills, MC, Premium time in a bundle by itself.

No, I considered everything. It's two mechs (that you can't level), 30 days of premium (okay that's nice), the two included mechbays (not worth mentioning, really), some amount of C-Bills (basically will disappear when you edit a single loadout), and some amount of MC (but not enough to really do anything with other than buy mechbays and one-shot some mechs. Can barely buy 5 mechbays and nothing else with that amount. One camo pattern (that only works on two mechs) and only three colours. For 30$? That's not a lot of content. I'd pay 10$ for that. 15$ at the very most. I'd pay 25$ for the assault pack. But 60$? That's just ... idiotic pricing. If PGI wants to appeal to Steam users, they need to divide their prices by three, no joke.

#155 Aetes Nakatomi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:44 PM

I have my accounts split.

My IS account
Resistance 1 Wrath Pack
Resistance 2 Mauler Pack
Urban Mech Collectors Pack
Heroes Ember, Huginn, Yen-Lo-Wang, Grid Iron, Ilya Muromets, Flame, Top Dog, Boar's Head, La Malinche and Heavy Metal
Marauder Collectors pack + Hero Addon
Warhammer Collectors pack + Hero Addon
Rifleman Collectors pack + Hero Addon
Clan wave 1 Masakari collection (Bought before I split accounts)
Clan wave 2 Man-O-War collection (Bought before I split accounts)

My Clan account
Clan wave 1 Masakari collection
Clan wave 2 Man-O-War collection
Clan Wave 3 Gladiator collection
Origins IIC Highlander IIC pack

Since Clan and IS has become so oil and water when it comes to playstyle and CW I made the choice to create a dedicated clan account. I have now got the point where I do not want to end up with dead variants or chassis on either account. I even sold off my clan Mechs (except the primes) on my IS account to clean it up.

Now I really want these (S) Mechs, really I do... But I do not want Clan Mechs on my IS account or IS Mechs on my Clan account... I am unsure why they decided to sell them way...

#156 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:51 PM

View PostAetes Nakatomi, on 24 November 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

I have my accounts split.

My IS account
Resistance 1 Wrath Pack
Resistance 2 Mauler Pack
Urban Mech Collectors Pack
Heroes Ember, Huginn, Yen-Lo-Wang, Grid Iron, Ilya Muromets, Flame, Top Dog, Boar's Head, La Malinche and Heavy Metal
Marauder Collectors pack + Hero Addon
Warhammer Collectors pack + Hero Addon
Rifleman Collectors pack + Hero Addon
Clan wave 1 Masakari collection (Bought before I split accounts)
Clan wave 2 Man-O-War collection (Bought before I split accounts)

My Clan account
Clan wave 1 Masakari collection
Clan wave 2 Man-O-War collection
Clan Wave 3 Gladiator collection
Origins IIC Highlander IIC pack

Since Clan and IS has become so oil and water when it comes to playstyle and CW I made the choice to create a dedicated clan account. I have now got the point where I do not want to end up with dead variants or chassis on either account. I even sold off my clan Mechs (except the primes) on my IS account to clean it up.

Now I really want these (S) Mechs, really I do... But I do not want Clan Mechs on my IS account or IS Mechs on my Clan account... I am unsure why they decided to sell them way...

Steam Players. so they have a choice for CW other than Trials.

#157 SoggyGorilla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:08 PM

did these packages get removed from the gift store?

#158 Viper 14

• Pip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 15 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:19 PM

I was thinking of buying the performance package but its no longer appear in the gift store. Is it not available anymore? Maybe with other Black Friday sales promo on, they removed it temporarily.

#159 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:49 PM

Hi everyone,

We have indeed removed the Performance Packs from the Gift Store. Apologies for the delayed message on this, and brace yourselves for a wall of text.

The Performance Packs were put together to act as starter packs for new players coming to MWO for the first time through Steam starting December 10th. With the packs being all ready to go in advance, we put them up in the Gift Store for current players to pick up or check out in the meantime.

However, to follow the recommended Steam convention we’ve decided that when these packs launch on Steam in December their prices will be based on regional pricing structures recommended by Steam instead of a straight USD-to-foreign currency exchange rate.
For the vast majority of players outside the United States, this will mean that the cost of these Performance Packs in Steam will actually be cheaper than what they would have paid using our standard Gift Store exchange rates.

To prevent any additional international players from having to pay more for these Packs now than if they were to purchase them later through our Steam page, we decided to remove the Performance Packs for purchase from the Gift Store earlier today.

As our prices are based in USD, players from the United States who acquired a Performance Pack will see no difference in cost between their original purchase in the Gift Store and the prices that will be displayed on the Steam page in December.

For any players outside the United States who have already acquired a Performance Pack from the Gift Store, and in cases where the Steam regional pricing falls below the standard exchange price, we will be contacting each of you directly to provide compensation options to make up the difference in cost based on your regional currency.

Please note that this does not in any way effect your current ownership status of a Performance Pack. No items will be removed from or changed in your account!

Finally, apologies to any players who were planning to pick up a Performance Pack through the Gift Store. These Packs will be made available again directly through our Steam page starting December 10th!

#160 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:04 PM

Now I'm curious about mwomercs.com and Steam pricing differences with regards MC bundles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users