7 replies to this topic

#1 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:49 PM

As the title says... Seeking opinion. Which in hindsight is kind'a silly around here as few people have any issue offering one! :P

That said, as you can see I'm putzing with creating a 3D of the Hammerhands. You can likewise see I've submitted two iterations of the arms/barrels:

1.) The legacy solid arm/barrels.

2.) My interpretation that would allow it to reflect the caliber and or type of ballistic loaded ala' MWO dynamic weapons.

Which does the community prefer? :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by DaZur, 19 November 2015 - 09:55 PM.

#2 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:53 PM

That's basically how i imagine the Ballistic weapons that are integrated into the arm, like the Centurion, should be.
With the armor sleeve around the barrel, instead of having the naked barrel coming out of a lego-block.

Basically, a thick barrel with a variable inner bore diameter.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 19 November 2015 - 11:54 PM.

#3 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:36 AM

I like the arm that's fully covered. The cutout seems kinda strange & would expose the weapon, plus the end looks like a solid hit could bend or break, possibly blocking the actual gun. Plus I prefer the look of the original art.

BTW, your HH is looking fantastic!

#4 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:49 PM

Brief consensus clearly is conical arm/barrel... ;)

Little update based on this inference:
Posted Image

#5 MightyBolamite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:18 PM

Oooh. I like what the lines do with the barrel. Makes me wonder if future cannons need rifling in their barrels?

#6 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:21 PM

View PostMightyBolamite, on 21 November 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

Oooh. I like what the lines do with the barrel. Makes me wonder if future cannons need rifling in their barrels?

they do. you also have to remember that a lot of IS tech is actually possibly WORSE than 21st century tech, having been literally bombed into the Stone age in some cases. Light ACs are in essence AA guns or Chainguns (not gatling guns, most people don't know there's a difference), and so on.

P.S. Chainguns are called such due to their ammo feed mechanism. they don't have multiple barrels. Gatlings guns do. there's also Revolver cannons as well (commonly used by British Warships), which i can totally see the Zeus's Arm AC being.

#7 Hollow Earth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 300 posts
  • LocationIntergalactic House of Pancakes

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:46 PM

View PostDaZur, on 20 November 2015 - 10:49 PM, said:

Brief consensus clearly is conical arm/barrel... ;)

Little update based on this inference:
Posted Image

She looks beautiful. but the torso does not look tall enough though. the bottom part just below the searchlights should be stretched a bit.
Also i like the look of the autocannons located inside the armoured barrel shroud.
I personally like to see the 4D model. But where do you think the 4D's PPC would be located? the Megamak sprite depicts it as being on the same place as the SRM6 pod on the 3D variant.
Posted Image

#8 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:41 PM

View PostHollow Earth, on 24 November 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

She looks beautiful. but the torso does not look tall enough though. the bottom part just below the searchlights should be stretched a bit.
Also i like the look of the autocannons located inside the armoured barrel shroud.
I personally like to see the 4D model. But where do you think the 4D's PPC would be located? the Megamak sprite depicts it as being on the same place as the SRM6 pod on the 3D variant.
Posted Image

It's both a tad short and an optical illusion as it's actually 1/4 longer than the side fillets. I have it scaled out a bit in the working build I'm on right now so it's looking right now. :)

4D... Dunno either. Any lore folk/TT purists out there with an answer?

Edited by DaZur, 25 November 2015 - 07:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users