Event For Thanksgiving Week?

31 replies to this topic

#1 Divine Decoy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:46 PM

Is there an event for Thanksgiving week?

Also, thank you PGI for making a Battletech game

Enjoy some turkey as you shoot checken leg walkers (hint, hint, event idea)

Edited by Divine Decoy, 20 November 2015 - 03:15 PM.

#2 Yardsail

• PipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEdmonton.... i think

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:51 PM

Not as of yet, i wish there was.
BTW happy Thanksgiving from Canada!

Edited by n o x i D, 20 November 2015 - 02:52 PM.

#3 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:05 PM

if you deep fry any bird mech 'Raven , Stormcrow , Shadowhawk etc..' you get C bills

#4 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:19 PM

bound to be a turkey {LT-MOB-25} pit item

which will be ok for those that celebrate it

#5 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:30 PM

View PostGorantir, on 21 November 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

if you deep fry any bird mech 'Raven , Stormcrow , Shadowhawk etc..' you get C bills

Add in Mariks and Jade falcons players hehe.

#6 Voq

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:37 PM

I can't believe I forget what they've done in years past... but PGI is Canadian based (different Thanksgiving date), so maybe they're not creating an event for it?

Edit: and from what I understand, the EU doesn't celebrate it either.

Edited by Voq, 21 November 2015 - 04:38 PM.

#7 Siegegun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:48 PM

They did an event last year Voq, and despite being Canadian most of thier NA players are based in the States.

#8 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:43 PM

View PostVoq, on 21 November 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

I can't believe I forget what they've done in years past... but PGI is Canadian based (different Thanksgiving date), so maybe they're not creating an event for it?

Edit: and from what I understand, the EU doesn't celebrate it either.

Well the thing is canadian 'thanksgiving' is VERY different to US. Instead of american football, turky, etc. it's something completely differnet.

on top of that- every country out there has a day like thanksgiving or some memorial day. I never really seen PGI celebrate ANZAC day which is quite huge for people in Turkey (technically, they have something simular on a different day I think), Australia, and New Zealand.

Where NZ / Aussie is the majority of the Oceanic region in both population and playerbase.

an example...

I do kind of think they should not really do nation specific days/ events or exclusive events, Makes people from other countries not really impacted to much (ie: "meh?") or feel sad their favourite holiday will never be celebrated.
I wounder if MW: O celebrates Guy Fawkes day... huh... Make all LRM's that loose lock and fire into the sky turn into fireworks for that few days.

Oh and another note: only USA celebrates Thanksgiving- about 12 other countries have a similar holiday or so but besides canada the other ones really do vary. Majority of Europe, Asia, Oceania, Africa, Vast majority of Antarctica (for obvious reasons?), Portion of North America, and all of South America do not celebrate thanksgiving.

#9 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 22 November 2015 - 03:06 AM

Its called Black Friday 20% extra MC sale

but I will be very thankful for a 35% off cbill sale. Long overdue. And needed to spend all those accumulated cbills.

#10 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 22 November 2015 - 03:29 AM

A Sale is a certainty.

An Event is a probability.

But then, several people complained last year that participating in the event conflicted with their family time (I am not making this up) as if they were somehow compelled to participate in MWO events.

Edited by Appogee, 22 November 2015 - 03:32 AM.

#11 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 22 November 2015 - 03:33 AM

View PostChuanhao, on 22 November 2015 - 03:06 AM, said:

Its called Black Friday 20% extra MC sale

I'm not convinced MC is worth anything these days, with Mechs being launched for cash only. I haven't even spent the MC I bought a in the sale a year ago.

#12 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 22 November 2015 - 03:48 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 21 November 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

I do kind of think they should not really do nation specific days/ events or exclusive events, Makes people from other countries not really impacted to much (ie: "meh?") or feel sad their favourite holiday will never be celebrated.

On the contrary: spread the fun and happiness by letting other people participate in your holiday!

On the contrary: spread the fun and happiness by letting other people participate in your holiday!

#13 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 22 November 2015 - 04:53 AM

MC still has great use for

1) mech bays
2) premium time
3) mastery packs

though yes, it is of little use for pre releases.

And in terms of following the US holiday schedule, no worries whatsoever. It is the dominant pop culture

and if there really is an event, im sure meeting hardly seen family is more important

if not, priorities may be somewhat misplaced

#14 Divine Decoy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:54 AM

MC sale doesn't do much since we getting a Steam release that is bound to have a sale too...... Maybe the game will go the way of Shadowrun Chronicles and get a 75% off sale (Mechs, Mastery Package, etc)

#15 Dolph Hoskins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 499 posts
  • LocationThe Machine

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:12 AM

Well the thing is canadian 'thanksgiving' is VERY different to US. Instead of american football, turky, etc. it's something completely differnet.

on top of that- every country out there has a day like thanksgiving or some memorial day. I never really seen PGI celebrate ANZAC day which is quite huge for people in Turkey (technically, they have something simular on a different day I think), Australia, and New Zealand.

Where NZ / Aussie is the majority of the Oceanic region in both population and playerbase.

an example...

I wounder if MW: O celebrates Guy Fawkes day... huh... Make all LRM's that loose lock and fire into the sky turn into fireworks for that few days.

Oh and another note: only USA celebrates Thanksgiving- about 12 other countries have a similar holiday or so but besides canada the other ones really do vary. Majority of Europe, Asia, Oceania, Africa, Vast majority of Antarctica (for obvious reasons?), Portion of North America, and all of South America do not celebrate thanksgiving.

Oh no, peoples' feelings may be hurt over a video game holiday event. Please keep political correctness bs away from some aspects of life if not all. The neat thing is that if PGI wants to do a Thanksgiving holiday event, they can. if they want to do a Roman day of the gods event, they can. If they want to do a Hanukkah day event, they can. Why is there always someone who has to feel bad about some **** that has nothing to do with them?

Edited by The Ripper13, 23 November 2015 - 07:13 AM.

#16 Ronan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:14 AM

I think PGI should do MORE holiday related/themed events... but should create them with a more global mindset. USA holidays are great. Christian-ish holidays (Christmas) are great. But add some that aren't about me (US resident that celebrates Christmas), get some Kwanza, Festivus, Solstice, ANZAC jazz going in here!

#17 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:44 AM

A Grid Iron event?

Nothing says Thanksgiving like Football :D

It would be a pretty limited player base though :/ and I don't think they would give one away :D

#18 Greyhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 894 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:50 AM

Yes a c-bill sale event. I want to buy direwolves and that's a big saving.

I like the idea of events on holidays around the world. I wonder if you could find one for each month of the year?

#19 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:55 AM

View PostDivine Decoy, on 20 November 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

Is there an event for Thanksgiving week?

Canada's Thanksgiving was last month. :P

Edited by Mystere, 23 November 2015 - 08:58 AM.

#20 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:57 AM

Turkey loaf and a bag of milk.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users