3 replies to this topic

#1 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 23 November 2015 - 03:48 AM

This is a purely academic question (slow day at work). I'm wondering if anyone has ever used this 59.5-ton King of Engines in an MWO build? Either seriously or in a troll build?

I notice on Sarna that the Charger uses is. But that's essentially a mêlée fighter which doesn't rely on either weapons or heatsinks to do its job. But in MWO we have no hand-to-hand, so...

Messing around on Smurfy, maybe the least-awful STD-400 build I can come up with is a Battlemaster 1G, with six high-mounted and well-quirked medium lasers, and 14-15 DHS. I guess that could work in low tiers, run something like the world's largest medium...

Edited by jss78, 23 November 2015 - 03:50 AM.

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:28 PM

Another thing is, we can use partial tonnage engines here. With the charger it was either 320 or 400, and they made a choice. Here, one can reasonably decide on the 375 and be good.

Granted, I may have purchased some subpar engines, just so I've a few legal builds for the table top, but in general, there's no reason to go whole hog when you don't hafta.

~Leone.

#3 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:43 PM

Boar's Head with 6 ML maybe? Enemies would see you zooming around and shoot STs.

But as Leone said, it's going to be way better with 3 LL, 3 ML and a 375.

#4 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:37 PM

I recall folks used to run the Pretty Baby with a standard 400. Mech still sucked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users