gtx980 ti sc from evga

constant 60 is doable if you turn a few tomedium

#2 Lordred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:31 AM

It logs its performance to prove its self.

60fps avg, sure, locked 60fps, gonna need some proof.

#3 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:27 AM

View Postcheapcamper, on 23 November 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

constant 60 is doable if you turn a few tomedium [sic]

Which few would that be, Hoss?

CPU like that shouldn't mind Particles and/ or Damage Glow, let alone Objects; Cards that big still choke when I crank DSR all the way up, from 1800 × 1440 × 70Hz, so 3840 × 2160 × 60Hz might be within reach …

Log Files or It Didn't Happen®

#4 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:34 PM

4K is me a scam in general that is constantly touted by TV makers... Ok for videos just NOT for gaming at this point of time.
Need a few years for video cards (and CPU optimisation) to catch up in performance.

2K is doable for now..

-

Just to add a little big more..
What I mean by 'scam' is... Eg. Some monitor manufacturers build things like 4K TN panel g-sync at 120Mhz.
My thoughts... Whats the freaking point of having 4K and super high refresh rate ? Play Counter Strike 1.6 ?
Very niche as most modern game at full details will probably has problems hit 60fps constantly.

#5 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:25 AM

For gaming it's nicer to have a slightly lower res and higher refreshrate, but I wouldn't say 4K is a scam, it might be for tv's as long as there's no proper (blueray or other high bitrate) content, but for computerscreens high dpi is nice to have.

#6 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:53 AM

I have to admit, and I was early on jumping on the 1080/60 thing, but I really don't get the 4k/120 craze. I don't have much desire to buy a TV or monitor large enough to really benefit from 4k, though I will admit it does allow some boundary-pushing in terms of textures. Still...it just seems iterative rather than revolutionary.

#7 Therrinian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 197 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:13 AM

View PostValar13, on 24 November 2015 - 03:53 AM, said:

I have to admit, and I was early on jumping on the 1080/60 thing, but I really don't get the 4k/120 craze. I don't have much desire to buy a TV or monitor large enough to really benefit from 4k, though I will admit it does allow some boundary-pushing in terms of textures. Still...it just seems iterative rather than revolutionary.

Dont forget that once you are beyond the retina ratio (ppi / viewing distance) "Jaggies" can no longer exist, removing the need for anti-aliasing, which even with the MFAA on the 900 series Nvidia cards is still a rather computationally expensive nuisance.

#8 Silme

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:13 PM

View PostTherrinian, on 24 November 2015 - 04:13 AM, said:

Dont forget that once you are beyond the retina ratio (ppi / viewing distance) "Jaggies" can no longer exist, removing the need for anti-aliasing, which even with the MFAA on the 900 series Nvidia cards is still a rather computationally expensive nuisance.

However, 4K isn't even coming close to pixel-to-neuron parity. 8K on smaller form factors is getting there, and 16K at large screen TV sizes is about the same.

Also, I'm sitting about 50-60 fps at 4K, running a 5820k at 4.5 GHz and 2x 780 Ti's, all on a water loop.

#9 cheapcamper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:14 AM

View PostGoose, on 23 November 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

Which few would that be, Hoss?

CPU like that shouldn't mind Particles and/ or Damage Glow, let alone Objects; Cards that big still choke when I crank DSR all the way up, from 1800 × 1440 × 70Hz, so 3840 × 2160 × 60Hz might be within reach …

Log Files or It Didn't Happen®

well some maps like canyon network could be 60 fps+ all the way

while maps like frozen city day or forest colony needs to turn down particles and effect as i was told it is most bottlenecked thang. the thing is that it wasnt really that bad in dx 11 windows 10 in 6700k. i didn't even oc it.

frozen city day all ultra could drop to 30 fps during intense firefight. it is can be percieved by eyesight choppiness

i have a 4k 32 inch ips monitor by benq, honestly the jump to 4k isn't really needed/ noticed during gameplay. it is when you stand still and look at stuff the amazing clarity would strike awe to me. as compare this to mechwarrior 2 the game i first started.

to be honest, i think an good glossy WQHD ips panel is best for mechwarrior online. it is beautiful and anything more would not increase the percieved prettiness drastically. maybe MWO does not really have 4k texture supported.

anyways. i noticed the cpu cores are all used, core 1-4. but the max usage is like 30-40%, where as the GPU could get up to 100% usage so i suspect for the 4k framerate dip in frozen city it is more of a GPU bottleneck rather then CPU bottleneck. just my speculation thou( as lots of times even i have all ultra on particles or effects framerate still north of 60, or at most 55 ish. when i tone down settings like shadows.)

well to be honest this game is much more pretty when i first jump from 1366 736 p to 1080p, then it is also inspiring when i jump to WQHD from 1080p. 4k? meh

on the bright side, I got the 4k monitor for study and the real estate is really productive. gaming is just a plus( expensive plus damn you!)

#10 cheapcamper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:21 AM

View PostShinVector, on 23 November 2015 - 04:34 PM, said:

4K is me a scam in general that is constantly touted by TV makers... Ok for videos just NOT for gaming at this point of time.
Need a few years for video cards (and CPU optimisation) to catch up in performance.

2K is doable for now..

-

Just to add a little big more..
What I mean by 'scam' is... Eg. Some monitor manufacturers build things like 4K TN panel g-sync at 120Mhz.
My thoughts... Whats the freaking point of having 4K and super high refresh rate ? Play Counter Strike 1.6 ?
Very niche as most modern game at full details will probably has problems hit 60fps constantly.

to be honest i think large screen is DEF an large advantage. mine is a 32 incher and its good for everything. I can netflex n chill with my GF from my bed, watch lecture recording from my bed, and now a days i dont even need to zoom to shoot mechs at 700 M ish with ppcs. if you sit close enough you can just aimbot away with your skills with a large screen. and high resolution just makes you happier when you stick your face to your large screen :D. i say the 32 inch benq WQHD is DEF bang for the buck. mine is prettier but def a bit excessive at this stage

Edited by cheapcamper, 26 November 2015 - 05:24 AM.

#11 Pineapple Salad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 142 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:54 AM

I'm running i5 4590K@4.4GHz and GTX970, 2560x1440 and get 100 fps minimum. I have no idea how it would perform at 4k, but I suspect it would still be above 60.

#12 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:22 AM

Canyon Network. Very High preset.

Native 4k

Posted Image

#13 M T

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGouda, South Holland

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:39 PM

View PostLordred, on 23 November 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

It logs its performance to prove its self.

60fps avg, sure, locked 60fps, gonna need some proof.

I run 3440x1440 ultra wide with 670GTX, all low settings (not for this reason, but clear view etc)

GPU load 40-60%ish all the time.

If anything this game is CPU bound, but 60fps constant in normal matches without dips is doable with some tweaking ;)

At least, it is VERY rare for me to dip below 60. I'd say the few exceptions are in some situations with heat vision on, or in CW but thats about it.

(3770K here)

The 6700k clocked at 4.5+GHz should theoretically never dip you below 60 imho, with the proper alterations applied.

Edited by MTs Cavia Porcellus, 26 November 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#14 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:49 PM

View Postcheapcamper, on 26 November 2015 - 05:21 AM, said:

to be honest i think large screen is DEF an large advantage. mine is a 32 incher and its good for everything. I can netflex n chill with my GF from my bed, watch lecture recording from my bed, and now a days i dont even need to zoom to shoot mechs at 700 M ish with ppcs. if you sit close enough you can just aimbot away with your skills with a large screen. and high resolution just makes you happier when you stick your face to your large screen :D. i say the 32 inch benq WQHD is DEF bang for the buck. mine is prettier but def a bit excessive at this stage

You know your mom told you to seat at least 2 meters away from the TV right ? :wacko:

Edited by ShinVector, 26 November 2015 - 10:49 PM.

#15 ArJuna

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:18 PM

Currently running a 34" Ultrawide at 3440x1440 off 2x GTX980's and a i7 4770.

So far with Very High on everything, it rarely drops off 60 fps at all, and usually only when your on one of the newer CW maps and with a long and wide view distance involved. Even then the drop isnt too bad.

#16 cheapcamper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:25 AM

Mom also told me to use protection.......#oops #yolo

#17 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:02 AM

Frozen Day is a Particles thing, IIRC …

Tell me you're not using MSAA or TXAA?

#18 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:52 PM

Best use for those inda high resolutions so far I've found is rendering Dark Souls at higher res and downscaling to 1080p for my TV :D

No need for Anti Aliasing and everything looks amazing !

Would be sweet if we could downscale this game

Edited by cSand, 29 November 2015 - 10:52 PM.

#19 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:56 PM

DSR is a Thing

#20 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:00 AM

View PostGoose, on 29 November 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

It is and I love it.. Except when the UI and menus go all out of sync...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users