The Victim Card And You..

192 replies to this topic

#1 Bashfulsalamander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Locationnot looking at forums

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:28 PM

Ok, so it does not take long to see a forum post that says CW is unbalanced due to PUGs VS. premades. Its rather sad really.... It may be hard for a few people to read the gameplay tips at the start of a match, but it does say to make friends and form groups. Team work= Victory! right? That does not mean you have to join a Unit.. it just means make friends, which I am sure most people are aware that the best way to do that is by talking. PGI has given the player many ways of talking ie: Text, VOIP, and even battle grid commands.

Now before any one starts claiming I am just your typical "units are not to blame premade only player". I pug quite often in CW.. and my VOIP does not work for some weird reason... I am too lazy to try and figure it out, even though it does work on TS. I have seen a PUG team beat a premade team.. one that even tried to camp in their spawn zone... You know who you are... Davion scum and maybe even a certain FRR group of players.... I have also been on the receiving end of pug stomps from some well populated merc units and Steiner loyalists. Does this make me mad? No.. its to be expected when a team works together and has decent skill as a bonus. ( unless they use an exploit... then it does.)

What does make me mad though is when I am playing with my fellow unit members, or even just pugging and people start whining about every little thing being OP, bugged, or PGI not banning cheaters.... I even see this on rare occasion in faction chat as to why people avoid some planets because they believe a premade is cheating.... Hate to rain on the PUG parade, but its not uncommon for games to be 48 to ~10. That's just simply the difference between players working together and players looking out for only themselves, If a clan pug force fights an IS pug force... then the clans only won because they are OP. If a pug force of IS beats A clan pug force then I.S. is over quirked. Those are but a few examples of a list that would be way to long to type that I get sick of reading.

So quit whining and quit claiming to be the victims of "seal clubbing" when you choose the outcome. You ignore the gameplay tips, you ignore the VOIP, you ignore the fact that team work is better then you. CW is not even in its final form yet.. not that I see much changing, but I am sure with some of the new features coming out soon it will be more fun. and guess what? the better TEAM will win..... as usual. whether it be a 4man of pugs, or 4 man of premades that have no skill losing to a 4 man of voip using tightly bundled pugs.

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:39 PM

It's mechwarriors like you that made the Jade Falcons the best faction to Pug CW with. Ah the good ole days of unit stomping with pugs.

<o.

~Leone

#3 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:57 PM

Victim blaming is well and alive i see.

>why were you out alone late at night?
>you knew it was potentially dangerous didn't you?
>but you DELIBERATELY chose to put yourself in that position of danger!
>in other words...you were asking for it weren't you?

#4 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:29 AM

I must admit, if in a pug drop I do find that just someone calling targets makes a massive difference to the outcome even if it's still a loss I do feel that if you manage to destroy 50% (24 mechs) of the enemy force it was a good fight. Something as simple as calling a target the majority can probably see and focus fire on has on some occasions swung a fight completely in the other direction for me and come out with a win.

Remember be aggressive, if the whole team starts pushing go with them, don't hold back just because you got a little pew pew in the face, pushing hard and together drives confusion into the enemy team and with decent focused fire will soon see the opposition on the back foot. Team work is totally OP ;)

#5 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:01 AM

Apart from it being not true, that equipment doesn't make that much of a difference (it makes a hell of a lot of difference), it's also that in solo/ad-hoc groups it's much more common that there's one AFK/disco/doing his own thing anway than in a unit [I guess, if you do that repeaedly within a unit, you get kicked soon, right?]. And if you're 1/12 (or more) down from the start, it's pretty hopeless if you also fight against your choice of [assorted drop decks/fully mastered mechs with modules/OP Clan range].

Additionally, it's quite funny, when you see some people trying to herd PUGs into tactics that work even inside a unit only half of the time, like pushing through the gates and setting up a beachhead inside with a IS-PUG team two short due to AFKs against a clan team including an 8-premade. And then the frustration when it's 0-12+. :)

#6 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:23 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 25 November 2015 - 03:01 AM, said:

Additionally, it's quite funny, when you see some people trying to herd PUGs into tactics that work even inside a unit only half of the time, like pushing through the gates and setting up a beachhead inside with a IS-PUG team two short due to AFKs against a clan team including an 8-premade. And then the frustration when it's 0-12+. :)

The impact of a disco is really bad, or people that start to type "we lost already" "**** we are f*****" instantly, as soon as they see some people with the same unit tag on the opposing team. Some of these even start to yolo jenkins then and I report all of these.

What some people still don't understand is the dynamic of CW waves. If you're attacking and it's 0-12 against you after first wave, it's actually not a bad start for wave 2. Push the damaged enemy over and get turrets.
That is also the reason why you shouldn't finish severely damaged mechs off, while pushing into base. You'll just run into a fresh one soon.

The list goes on...

OP clan range is a myth. Clans dominate mid-range,that's it.

#7 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 23 November 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

Victim blaming is well and alive i see.

&gt;why were you out alone late at night?
&gt;you knew it was potentially dangerous didn't you?
&gt;but you DELIBERATELY chose to put yourself in that position of danger!
&gt;in other words...you were asking for it weren't you?

Nothing like insulting real victims of violence by equating their experiences with some moronic gamer who got his ego bruised by having his head handed to him by a better team.

#8 KahnWongFuChung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 25 November 2015 - 10:49 AM

OP said = (So quit whining and quit claiming to be the victims of "seal clubbing" when you choose the outcome).

How do you argue with a idiot like the OP?

Many times I have played CW as a pug or in a group and I can say without a doubt in my mind it is unbalanced in favor of premade 12 man teams that seal club and farm pugs for rewards C-bills and challenges.

A typical 12 man troll team = 12 Arctic Cheetahsx3 Vs a random pug team total battle time 3-5 minutes tops.

So OP you and PGI can blow it out yer rear ends on CW balance.

Edited by KahnWongFuChung, 25 November 2015 - 10:49 AM.

#9 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 25 November 2015 - 10:54 AM

It's been almost a year now so it should be clear that CW ought to be a separate "cage" where premade comp units can have a "cage match" against each other. Everyone else should stay out and let them have it. Otherwise you're just providing them with an opportunity to farm. Wise up people.

#10 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostKahnWongFuChung, on 25 November 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:

OP said = (So quit whining and quit claiming to be the victims of &quot;seal clubbing&quot; when you choose the outcome).

How do you argue with a idiot like the OP?

Many times I have played CW as a pug or in a group and I can say without a doubt in my mind it is unbalanced in favor of premade 12 man teams that seal club and farm pugs for rewards C-bills and challenges.

A typical 12 man troll team = 12 Arctic Cheetahsx3 Vs a random pug team total battle time 3-5 minutes tops.

So OP you and PGI can blow it out yer rear ends on CW balance.

Why in the world do you think CW is supposed to be "balanced" between organized teams and random groups of pilots?

Where did you get such a delusional idea?

Of course it's unbalanced in favor of the organized team. Organized teams are simply better at winning a match than unorganized Rambos. That is the entire purpose of CW, deciding which faction can consistently win matches the most. Teams win more often than PUGs.

#11 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:18 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 25 November 2015 - 10:54 AM, said:

It's been almost a year now so it should be clear that CW ought to be a separate &quot;cage&quot; where premade comp units can have a &quot;cage match&quot; against each other. Everyone else should stay out and let them have it. Otherwise you're just providing them with an opportunity to farm. Wise up people.

Or, find some friends, form a team, and climb into the cage yourself. Stop trying to protect your inflated ego and see if you really are as good at this game as you keep telling yourself.

Despite the repeated lies of the bruised ego set, organized team players are not telling PUGs to leave CW. On the contrary, we want the PUGs to keep playing CW. We just really want them to stop being PUGs. If they are incapable of doing that, then at the bare minimum, stop whining about how CW is "unfair" to PUGs.

Note: being good at this game is more than just being a good pilot. Being good at the game also requires that you can work with or even lead others.

#12 illudium Q 36

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 73 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:20 AM

I think that it is the delta (size differential) of the losses, not the frequency of them, that causes concerns. I understand that life isn't fair, so why should Community Warfare be fair?

But evening up the odds to get a closer game would do a lot to pique interest from ALL sides, in my opinion.

Edited by illudium Q 36, 25 November 2015 - 11:26 AM.

#13 KahnWongFuChung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:21 AM

Look at what has happened to MWO since Closed Beta (1,000,000 player uninstall game)a game with huge potential wasted by Devs and staff that are running a 30 watt light bulb for a brain and not a 100 watt bulb.

And players like you championing 12 man groups that in fact limit the games potential and drive away new players all the time. PGI could have segregated CW like the solo MM for 12 mans and pugs and it would have been just fine for CW and players to have huge fun and give the 12 man premade teams the ability to recruit new players and drop in a lobby system.

But no lets drive 1,000,000 player and possible payers to uninstall the game and lets let the premade groups drive away what's left of the casual players also. Players like you are like the Devs just Fing brain dead.

Edited by KahnWongFuChung, 25 November 2015 - 11:25 AM.

#14 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:30 AM

View Postvandalhooch, on 25 November 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

Or, find some friends, form a team, and climb into the cage yourself. Stop trying to protect your inflated ego and see if you really are as good at this game as you keep telling yourself.

LOL, the only sure way to decide which mechwarrior is better is a 1 vs 1 match in 100% identical 'mechs down to the last point of armor and its location. Then we'll see who's got skill and who's only being carried by his team. Solaris can't come soon enough!

Posted Image

#15 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostKahnWongFuChung, on 25 November 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

Look at what has happened to MWO since Closed Beta (1,000,000 player uninstall game)a game with huge potential wasted by Devs and staff that are running a 30 watt light bulb for a brain and not a 100 watt bulb.

Red herring is red.

And players like you championing 12 man groups that in fact limit the games potential and drive away new players all the time.

Can you provide any sort of actual evidence that PUGs getting beat in CW causes them to quit the ENTIRE game and not just CW?

PGI could have segregated CW like the solo MM for 12 mans and pugs and it would have been just fine for CW and players to have huge fun and give the 12 man premade teams the ability to recruit new players and drop in a lobby system.

Why have CW at all then? It would just be one more mode added to the other three. No need for a galaxy map. No need for factions. No need for unit tags.

How exactly would taking a planet work if players from both factions don't actually compete directly against each other?

But no lets drive 1,000,000 player and possible payers to uninstall the game and lets let the premade groups drive away what's left of the casual players also. Players like you are like the Devs just Fing brain dead.

Once again, what you think happened and what actually happened are not the same thing. Your "just so" story is simply that . . . a story.

BTW: One million players? Really? And you have the temerity to call others brain dead?

#16 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:53 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 25 November 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

LOL, the only sure way to decide which mechwarrior is better is a 1 vs 1 match in 100% identical 'mechs down to the last point of armor and its location. Then we'll see who's got skill and who's only being carried by his team. Solaris can't come soon enough!

Posted Image

Nice of you to ignore the part about being part of a team is also a skill. If your team is carrying you, then your team will lose to teams that don't have to carry anyone. CW was designed to be a place where it would be possible to see which teams were consistently which.

Seriously. I'm beginning to think the stereotype of adult gamers being the kids who didn't play sports in their youth has merit.

After years of coaching and officiating middle school and high school sports, I've really grown to appreciate even more how valuable an opportunity participating is for a young person. Seeing youths step out onto a court or field, in front of their friends, family, and community knowing full well that their opponents are much, much better than they are takes guts. Then playing the game with all their heart, still knowing they will lose, takes a level of integrity that many adults in this forum seem to lack.

And at no time have I ever heard a player, coach or fan equate the players of the losing team with being victimized. It's a game. At the end of every game there will be a winner and a loser. Everyone who plays the sport knows that going in. The losers weren't victims of anything. They just lost. And most of the time, they learn to take losses with dignity and respect for themselves and their opponents.

More inflated egos in this forum could learn a lot from "kids these days."

#17 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:10 PM

View Postvandalhooch, on 25 November 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

More inflated egos in this forum could learn a lot from "kids these days."

It's only inflated if you can't back it up in a 1 vs 1 duel. :)

#18 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:43 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 25 November 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

QED

#19 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 25 November 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

How about you bring your best team and I'll bring my best team?

Or do you not have 11 friends?

#20 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:55 PM

View Postvandalhooch, on 25 November 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

How about you bring your best team and I'll bring my best team?

Or do you not have 11 friends?

If you need that many people to carry you, you've already lost. 1 vs. 1 is the only true way to determine mechwarrior quality. Can't you win without backup?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users