7 replies to this topic

#1 Yardsail

• PipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEdmonton.... i think

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:26 PM

I was just browsing the Mechwarrior online sound cloud here...
https://soundcloud.com/mechwarrior
Some All of these "trailer" clips are pretty good, wondering why more of these are not in game. Some are start up tunes but IMO would be cool if it was an option to have them play a little longer. Or even some events during a battle force them to start.. No clue throwing ideas to make the game "Cooler"!

Misery Trailer is my fav, happens to be my fav mech too!

Edited by n o x i D, 23 November 2015 - 04:48 PM.

#2 kanamisan

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:12 PM

thanks for sharing.

#3 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:13 PM

Misery trailer is my favourite too. It's the video that convinced me to put money into MWO.
It's still one of my most played mechs

#4 Yardsail

• PipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:46 PM

Watching that video just reminds me of how it still kicks ass even years later after release!

#5 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:51 PM

I really want a dynamic music system ingame. MW2-esque ambient music when all is calm, intense, rough combat tracks like the misery theme playing during a firefight!

#6 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:01 PM

View PostBurktross, on 23 November 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

I really want a dynamic music system ingame. MW2-esque ambient music when all is calm, intense, rough combat tracks like the misery theme playing during a firefight!

Unfortunately the dynamic music is insanely hard to code for a PVP game. PVE makes it easy, if an enemy is fighting or actively looking for you, etc then you have a trigger to start and keep that music running, once you've lost all hostile AI actively engaging or looking for the player, it returns to calm.

#7 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:55 AM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 23 November 2015 - 08:01 PM, said:

Unfortunately the dynamic music is insanely hard to code for a PVP game. PVE makes it easy, if an enemy is fighting or actively looking for you, etc then you have a trigger to start and keep that music running, once you've lost all hostile AI actively engaging or looking for the player, it returns to calm.

We already have code for that ingame. It's the code which declares whether "lance in formation" "protected lights" etc is applied. Simply start action music during this segment, and when disengagement occurs, wait 20 seconds. If 20 seconds pass without re-engagment, the game fades back to calm ambiance.

I'm no code monkey, but I'm insisting on a binary music system, with some dynamics, perhaps, for your own damage and the map. Nothing near the level of music dynamics in say, Left 4 Dead.

#8 Yardsail

• PipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:41 PM

^^^
On my phone I can't quote.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I am pretty sure the war horns go off the killing blow event. Lance information would be a good one to que up the tunes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users