I Retract My Statements Of Mm Working

69 replies to this topic

#1 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:09 AM

My wait times have been drastically reduced, from 10+ minutes to about 5. So that's cool. But oh my god, if I don't bring a heavy I'll be stuck with a bunch of scrubs that can't break 100. Just get me started on my Direwolf that did 1 damage and the other assault that did 60. I was playing Fallout 4 and was welcomed back yesterday with 4 hours of mostly good matches, it was a fluke. Today is as bad as ever. STOP OPENING THE FLOOD GATES ON MM PGI! I'm not asking for much, I just don't want to be paired up with an assault lance that can't cumulatively break 100 damage. Stop this nonsense.

#2 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:19 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 November 2015 - 02:14 AM, said:

And you need to cut down on your MM QQ threads. If you do not wish to have PGI open the floodgates then manually cancel match search every 3 minutes. That will reset the floodgate.

I've never once gotten a match in 5 minutes. I'm lucky if it's under 10. PGI needs to know this is a problem. A problem with MM is no different than a problem with SRM hit reg or mess up hit boxes. If there's a glaring problem I see then I'm going to complain till it's fixed.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:24 AM

View Postadamts01, on 24 November 2015 - 02:19 AM, said:

I've never once gotten a match in 5 minutes. I'm lucky if it's under 10. PGI needs to know this is a problem. A problem with MM is no different than a problem with SRM hit reg or mess up hit boxes. If there's a glaring problem I see then I'm going to complain till it's fixed.

Flash news: You complaining is not going to accomplish anything. No one from PGI will hear about it, and even if they did, and even by some miracle that they care, they can't do anything about it until Steam launch brings more people. Small population is an issue that can't be fixed right away. Voting system is the only thing that helps right now--though others are complaining about even that, as well. <_<

I swear, people on these forums are bloody damn ungrateful.

#4 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:34 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 November 2015 - 02:24 AM, said:

they can't do anything about it until Steam launch brings more people.

They CAN do something about it NOW. They can stop mixing tiers like they do. I'll happily wait 20 minutes instead of the 10 I do now to have competent teammates and opponents.

You're not going through what I am. By looking at that photo for 2 seconds I can tell you're on the NA or EU server. Your team had a nice spread of damage. Play on Oceanic for a day and you'll see two or 3 players over 400 and 600 and the rest around 100 game after game after game after game after game. I've been here since beta and never once felt the need to complain till I moved to this corner of the planet. I never once complained about ecm streak ravens, firestarter hitboxes, lag shield spiders, poptarting, groups in solo que, nothing. This server has a real problem. Seriously, play on this server for a while outside of the 3 hours when the Australians are on then you'll see what I'm talking about.

#5 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:57 AM

Yes the oceanic server has a real problem, and that problem is low population.

You're prepared to wait 20 minutes för a game, but how long do you think other people will wait? There is a cutoff time where more and more people start canceling the search until it becomes impossible to create any matches at all, and that time is below 20 mins. What you are asking for can't be done, deal with it.

You do know it's possible to play on all the servers right? I have all 3 servers ticked and any ping below 350 is imho playable. I don't know what your ping is but I usually get around 220 ping on the oceanic server from here in Sweden.

#6 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:09 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 24 November 2015 - 02:57 AM, said:

You do know it's possible to play on all the servers right? I have all 3 servers ticked and any ping below 350 is imho playable. I don't know what your ping is but I usually get around 220 ping on the oceanic server from here in Sweden.

108 Oceanic, 408 NA, 448 EU. I can get the American server down to 350 with my VPN but it's not playable. I've heard other people say they don't notice a difference below 250 but at that ping everyone is skipping around and I can't keep from running in to walls. The internet in the Philippines is something special. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they'll either do some marketing in this region or that Steam works. I suppose the only answer for now is private matches with whatever mechs I already have. I don't know why they even opened this server if they didn't intend to market the game to this region. It didn't help Australian ping from what I hear.

#7 Soultraxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:17 AM

OP, a couple of things.

Everyone gets frustrated with their matches and or team mates sometimes.

Its the people that complain that, in general, are the ones that get changes to happen.

However, its the way that you complain that people dont like. Already in this thread its been said you're whiner.
It doesnt help you get you point across either when you talk about "scrubs" as people will assume youre referring to lower tiers and straight you alienate half (or more) players as you've just indirectly insulted them - they're likely to dismiss whatever point you wish to raise because of this.

Rephrase the way you post and you might get more people with you rather than against you.

Edited by Soultraxx, 24 November 2015 - 04:19 AM.

#8 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:51 AM

View PostSoultraxx, on 24 November 2015 - 04:17 AM, said:

Rephrase the way you post and you might get more people with you rather than against you.

I haven't cared one bit about name calling since grade school. And there is no way not to insult this thin skinned, easily offended community. I can't call them tier 2s or I'm waving my tier 1 flag. I can't say bads, less goods, noobs, anything. Someone will ALWAYS be offended. I don't know what else to call an assault that consistently can't get his own weight in damage. I've never called out a single player or called anyone on the forum anything nasty, that's more than I can say for most people here.

#9 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:56 AM

View Postadamts01, on 24 November 2015 - 02:34 AM, said:

They CAN do something about it NOW. They can stop mixing tiers like they do. I'll happily wait 20 minutes instead of the 10 I do now to have competent teammates and opponents.

Stop the spread? No. I love to destroy the so called "superior" players calling themselves the best because there tier 1 or 2 on the chat. Always nice to see them cry after. :)

#10 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:01 AM

Part of the reason Assaults do bad is because the new change that always sticks them in Charlie Lance, Lights always in Alpha, etc. Now you know where the enemy Assaults will be and depending on map & mode, you could rush and wipe them.

Prime example, Frozen Skirmish, if you spawn in the Delta/Echo rows, rush C4, by the time half+ your team gets there the enemy Assaults have finished climbing the hill into B4 and you mow them down due to all the time they wasted hill climbing plus being trapped in that narrow spot.

#11 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:11 AM

View Postadamts01, on 24 November 2015 - 02:34 AM, said:

I'll happily wait 20 minutes instead of the 10 I do now to have competent teammates and opponents.

*facepalm*

No, no you would not be okay with that. And even somehow you were, I have a feeling those that would most certainly not be okay with that would probably outnumber you.

#12 Kotzi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:15 AM

Putting the pedal to the metal getting obliterated then insulting the fatties and disconnecting. All of that in less than 2 minutes, been there done that. This is a team based game. Damage says jack.

#13 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:15 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 24 November 2015 - 04:56 AM, said:

Stop the spread? No. I love to destroy the so called "superior" players calling themselves the best because there tier 1 or 2 on the chat. Always nice to see them cry after. :)

I don't even know what you're talking about. "Stop the spread?"

View PostWildstreak, on 24 November 2015 - 05:01 AM, said:

Part of the reason Assaults do bad is because the new change that always sticks them in Charlie Lance, Lights always in Alpha, etc. Now you know where the enemy Assaults will be and depending on map & mode, you could rush and wipe them.

Prime example, Frozen Skirmish, if you spawn in the Delta/Echo rows, rush C4, by the time half+ your team gets there the enemy Assaults have finished climbing the hill into B4 and you mow them down due to all the time they wasted hill climbing plus being trapped in that narrow spot.

That's another example of a BAD TEAM that doesn't form up on their assaults. Whenever I see assaults down there I rush to put some fire their way to give them a chance to get out. Plus, If a poorly spawned assault lance can't leg a few lights, they either have noob loadouts or are in over their heads, which is exactly what I'm complaining about.

#14 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:44 AM

View PostKotzi, on 24 November 2015 - 05:15 AM, said:

Putting the pedal to the metal getting obliterated then insulting the fatties and disconnecting. All of that in less than 2 minutes, been there done that. This is a team based game. Damage says jack.

Not at the expense of teamwork, but damage in a game where the main point is killing the other team is very important. As a light pilot I absolutely understand damage doesn't mean everything, but to say "it doesn't mean jack" is pretty far off base.

#15 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:47 AM

what time of day are you guys playing??? I typically just have US servers only checked, and i rarely wait over 2 mins.. I play late morning or afternoons,, Or typically after midnight EST..

Heck even before when we could pick your match type, i would go US and conquest only, and still never have to wait that long.. Perhaps it is because when i see high % of heavies, i play lower % mechs, like mediums, or lights, or sometimes assaults..

the only time i ever waited more than 5 mins was playing CW.

#16 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:51 AM

View Postadamts01, on 24 November 2015 - 02:09 AM, said:

My wait times have been drastically reduced, from 10+ minutes to about 5. So that's cool. But oh my god, if I don't bring a heavy I'll be stuck with a bunch of scrubs that can't break 100. Just get me started on my Direwolf that did 1 damage and the other assault that did 60. I was playing Fallout 4 and was welcomed back yesterday with 4 hours of mostly good matches, it was a fluke. Today is as bad as ever. STOP OPENING THE FLOOD GATES ON MM PGI! I'm not asking for much, I just don't want to be paired up with an assault lance that can't cumulatively break 100 damage. Stop this nonsense.

Just keep in mind that these guys may well be tier 1 too ... check some of the names ... look them up on the forums to see if their tier is displayed. Since you are tier 1 they can't be any lower than tier 3. If they are tier 1 or 2 it is simply an indication that the PSR ranking system is broken which has been a common comment since it was introduced.

The matchmaker can only work with the ratings that are available. It can't magically create people of comparable skill for you to play with and it can't evaluate different play styles or capabilities to actually get a balanced match. It can only use PSR and sometimes it is an indicator of player skill and sometimes it isn't.

Edited by Mawai, 24 November 2015 - 06:53 AM.

#17 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:06 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 24 November 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

what time of day are you guys playing???
I'm normally on between 5-10pm in the Philippines on the Oceanic server. It's about the opposite of NA. I played on NA for years and the wait times were fine. It's really just a lack of players out here and I know I just need to deal with it and not rage post. I did have about an hour of decent matches, where I was one of the nobody players. There was a LORD and a few TOG and ARMD guys I was trying to keep up with. That was nice, but short lived.

#18 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:11 AM

But yeah, before the voting change 15 minute wait times were normal and up to 1 hour on group drops. All that waiting for landslide after landslide, people LRMing mountains, team killing and assaults chasing lights all night it really wears me down. I used to just shrug it off and move on but when there's only 3 matches an hour it gets rough.

#19 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:19 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 November 2015 - 02:24 AM, said:

Flash news: You complaining is not going to accomplish anything. No one from PGI will hear about it, and even if they did, and even by some miracle that they care, they can't do anything about it until Steam launch brings more people. Small population is an issue that can't be fixed right away. Voting system is the only thing that helps right now--though others are complaining about even that, as well. <_<

I swear, people on these forums are bloody damn ungrateful.

If people are unhappy with the results, and their enjoyment as been reduced because of poor MM or a crappy voting system what exactly is there for them to be grateful for?

#20 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:39 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 24 November 2015 - 08:19 AM, said:

If people are unhappy with the results, and their enjoyment as been reduced because of poor MM or a crappy voting system what exactly is there for them to be grateful for?

1. The voting system is not crappy. My opinion weighs just as much as yours.

2. Oceanic server, where the OP is playing has very little population anyway. If he doesn't want to check NA and EU server and only wants to play in Oceanics, he should shut up and take the MM as is. Or do manual reset as I told him to.

3. All OP ever did in his MM QQ threads and posts, was to blame his teammates for being noobs. Well then, if he is such a hotshot then he should carry them, like I did! Or maybe just enjoy the darn game, despite the challenge.

Edited by El Bandito, 24 November 2015 - 08:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users