69 replies to this topic

#21 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:03 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 November 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

1. The voting system is not crappy. My opinion weighs just as much as yours.
Yes, but we were talking about what they apparently are supposed to be grateful for. If their opinion is that it is crappy why exactly should they be grateful? You complained that they were ungrateful, but my question was why should they be?

2. Oceanic server, where the OP is playing has very little population anyway. If he doesn't want to check NA and EU server and only wants to play in Oceanics, he should shut up and take the MM as is. Or do manual reset as I told him to.
Agreed, but I am curious why we don't we take away his choice like they took away mode selection?

3. All OP ever did in his MM QQ threads and posts, was to blame his teammates for being noobs. Well then, if he is such a hotshot then he should carry them, like I did! Or maybe just enjoy the darn game, despite the challenge.
Fair enough. However, while his attitude was pretty crappy I'm not sure why it should be his responsibility to cover for his entire team.

#22 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:11 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 24 November 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

Yes, but we were talking about what they apparently are supposed to be grateful for. If their opinion is that it is crappy why exactly should they be grateful? You complained that they were ungrateful, but my question was why should they be?

Cause PGI actually did something to improve MM. Under the PSR system I'm having better matches than the Elo system. And when people cried that queue times are too long, PGI implemented the voting system, which IMO had improved the wait time. And when some players complained about "majority rule" being too OP for map voting, PGI gave us weighted voting system. They are doing something about the MM, and improving upon it, but forums are still filled with QQ threads, instead of threads thanking PGI for improving MM and wait times. Bloody ungrateful.

Agreed, but I am curious why we don't we take away his choice like they took away mode selection?

IMO, Oceanic server was a mistake to create in the first place. If Steam launch cannot save it, then better just scrap that server and use the money for something else.

Fair enough. However, while his attitude was pretty crappy I'm not sure why it should be his responsibility to cover for his entire team.

OP is obviously better than his mates, judging from his constant thumbing of his nose. The better player should do the heavy lifting, cause on the other team, they are doing the same.

Edited by El Bandito, 24 November 2015 - 09:16 AM.

#23 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:17 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 November 2015 - 09:11 AM, said:

Cause PGI actually did something to improve MM. Under the PSR system I'm having better matches than the Elo system. And when people cried that queue times are too long, PGI implemented the voting system, which IMO had improved the wait time. And when some players complained about "majority rule" being too OP for map voting, PGI gave us weighted voting system. They are doing something about the MM, and improving upon it, but forums are still filled with QQ threads, instead of threads thanking PGI for improving MM and wait times. Bloody ungrateful.

This this this this this +1000000000

#24 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:20 AM

View Postadamts01, on 24 November 2015 - 02:34 AM, said:

They CAN do something about it NOW. They can stop mixing tiers like they do. I'll happily wait 20 minutes instead of the 10 I do now to have competent teammates and opponents.

You're not going through what I am. By looking at that photo for 2 seconds I can tell you're on the NA or EU server. Your team had a nice spread of damage. Play on Oceanic for a day and you'll see two or 3 players over 400 and 600 and the rest around 100 game after game after game after game after game. I've been here since beta and never once felt the need to complain till I moved to this corner of the planet. I never once complained about ecm streak ravens, firestarter hitboxes, lag shield spiders, poptarting, groups in solo que, nothing. This server has a real problem. Seriously, play on this server for a while outside of the 3 hours when the Australians are on then you'll see what I'm talking about.

this statement:

My wait times have been drastically reduced, from 10+ minutes to about 5. So that's cool

Makes the probability of THIS statement being false rather high.

Edited by Lugh, 24 November 2015 - 09:21 AM.

#25 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:51 AM

He should be grateful that his issue is simply a "First World" problem. Some would consider complaining about such things as "ungrateful" and would change places in a heart beat.

I will ask the poor bugger whom we often give some "spare change" to down on the corner if he would like to have that "complaint" and get back with his response... ;)

Edited by Almond Brown, 24 November 2015 - 09:54 AM.

#26 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:46 AM

Every single one of those are opinions you hold and why you should feel grateful, however not one of those is a reason for someone who disagrees to be grateful. I have not seen an improvement in the MM under the new PSR; and only some complained about queue times(mostly in group queue not solo queue). PGI implemented the voting system, which IMO is complete crap, and while they did add weighted voting that has mildly improved variety it is still putting lipstick on a pig. Something being slightly less crappy than it was before is not a reason to be grateful in particular when I never wanted the change to begin with. Sorry, but you can't complain about people being ungrateful when those people have nothing to be grateful for.

#27 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:57 AM

Telling paying customers that they are "Bloody ungrateful" for complaining about a series of changes that worsened their experience does not sound like a very good business strategy.

Edited by Mystere, 24 November 2015 - 10:58 AM.

#28 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:10 AM

View PostMystere, on 24 November 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

Telling paying customers that they are "Bloody ungrateful" for complaining about a series of changes that worsened their experience does not sound like a very good business strategy.

That is because it isn't a good strategy. Of course he also likes to make a big deal about his opinion holding as much weight as someone else(which is true), but he sure does like to make it seem as if his is the only one that actually matters otherwise you are just ungrateful.

#29 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:29 AM

View PostMystere, on 24 November 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

And those of us who thoroughly enjoy the change? For me, PSR has seen a huge improvement in quality of matches and the voting system has seen a huge decrease in wait times for me.

Prior to those systems, for solo I had a wait time of about 4 minutes and on roughly 3/4 of my losses (which were 40% of my matches) it was because 4-8 players failed to do even an alphastrike's worth of damage. And group queue waits would be around 6 to 8 minutes and unless we were running larger groups, our little QQ 4man was getting paired with other groups that had 8 players with a combined damage of sub 200. If we were running a large group, we facing those players. It's not fun waiting 8 minutes to get a match that doesn't even last 3 minutes.

Other than a few loud people throwing temper tantrums, I think the majority of players like the changes.

Edited by Lord Scarlett Johan, 24 November 2015 - 11:30 AM.

#30 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 24 November 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

And those of us who thoroughly enjoy the change? For me, PSR has seen a huge improvement in quality of matches and the voting system has seen a huge decrease in wait times for me.

Prior to those systems, for solo I had a wait time of about 4 minutes and on roughly 3/4 of my losses (which were 40% of my matches) it was because 4-8 players failed to do even an alphastrike's worth of damage. And group queue waits would be around 6 to 8 minutes and unless we were running larger groups, our little QQ 4man was getting paired with other groups that had 8 players with a combined damage of sub 200. If we were running a large group, we facing those players. It's not fun waiting 8 minutes to get a match that doesn't even last 3 minutes.

Other than a few loud people throwing temper tantrums, I think the majority of players like the changes.

You missed the one point I am trying to make or are conflating it with other things: it's bad business to call "ungrateful" a paying customer unhappy with your recent decisions.

Edited by Mystere, 24 November 2015 - 11:35 AM.

#31 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

View PostMystere, on 24 November 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

You missed the one point I am trying to make or are conflating it with other things: it's bad business to call "ungrateful" a paying customer unhappy with your recent decisions.

Did PGI call the guy ungrateful or did another paying customer? One is bad business and the other isn't even business.

#32 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostMystere, on 24 November 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

Okay but he's not PGI so it really doesn't make a difference what he thinks/says or does.

With that said.. I'm sorry to the OP but the match maker is working light years better for a significant portion of the MWO population. Not only are the matches created in a matter of a few minutes but we are often against opponents who are near each other in skill which makes for much better matches. Unfortunately its hard to conjure up sympathy for those who are complaining about it.

Edited by CygnusX7, 24 November 2015 - 11:48 AM.

#33 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:51 AM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 24 November 2015 - 11:47 AM, said:

Did PGI call the guy ungrateful or did another paying customer? One is bad business and the other isn't even business.

View PostCygnusX7, on 24 November 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

Okay but he's not PGI so it really doesn't make a difference what he thinks/says or does.

The tone suggests poster was talking on behalf of PGI. ;)

But in any case, my point still stands. :D

Edited by Mystere, 24 November 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#34 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:55 AM

View PostMystere, on 24 November 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

The tone suggests poster was talking on behalf of PGI. ;)

I guess I don't see posts on behalf of PGI unless it's a PGI employee, otherwise it's customer opinion. Probably comes from having worked retail for a year.

But in any case, my point still stands. :D

It does, PGI making statements toward their revenue source is suicide.

Edited by Lord Scarlett Johan, 24 November 2015 - 11:57 AM.

#35 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:28 PM

[color=#959595] if I don't bring a heavy I'll be stuck with a bunch of scrubs that can't break 100[/color]

I'm just curious, how does you bringing a heavy determine your team's skill level?

#36 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:11 PM

El Bandito just shut up you fanboi. If this guy has a particular experience that you are not it doesn't mean it isn't his reality. Complaining does plenty. Cutting off their cash flow and stopping to login and play will hurt them more. Please stop playing the game and funding these morons developing MWO.

#37 AlexEss

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:34 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 24 November 2015 - 08:19 AM, said:

If people are unhappy with the results, and their enjoyment as been reduced because of poor MM or a crappy voting system what exactly is there for them to be grateful for?

But this is not a zero sum game....

Either you have the people like th eOP angry.. or you have the people who do not like to wait an average lunchbreak to get a match angry... It is a no win scenario until population picks up.

I have seen it in many games and there is simply no way to solve a low population.

#38 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostAlexEss, on 24 November 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

But this is not a zero sum game....

Either you have the people like th eOP angry.. or you have the people who do not like to wait an average lunchbreak to get a match angry... It is a no win scenario until population picks up.

I have seen it in many games and there is simply no way to solve a low population.

There are ways to solve the problem that require work and patience. However, making changes that piss off a decent sized segment of an already small player base is probably the worst course of action they could take if they hope to improve things.

Edited by WarHippy, 24 November 2015 - 01:42 PM.

#39 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:48 PM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 24 November 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

El Bandito just shut up you fanboi. If this guy has a particular experience that you are not it doesn't mean it isn't his reality. Complaining does plenty. Cutting off their cash flow and stopping to login and play will hurt them more. Please stop playing the game and funding these morons developing MWO.

I take it you do as you preach, so your reason to keep posting on these forums is to help put MWO into bankrupcy, correct?

Edited by Sjorpha, 24 November 2015 - 01:49 PM.

#40 AlexEss

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:50 PM

Indeed... But until we get access to all the data... who that group is and what they want is and will remain unknown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users