315 replies to this topic

#21 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:08 PM

I'm just glad we got it, and that e-Harmony Cold-Jerks didn't pull a cease and desist on this or the others. Still got my fingers crossed for the rest. And yes, I am saying a lot of prayers for them. . . too!

I'd love to have these to follow the Rifleman:

Archer
Crusader
Wasp
Stinger
Marauder II
Longbow
Valkyrie

#22 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:34 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 24 November 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

Sereglach,

Thinking resistance 3? Maybe. PGI seems to like this one at a time routine with the unseens. I am thinking they will just keep doing that for everything from here on out. I hope, you are right though, I like the value of the multi-paks.

The value of the big bulk packs is nice. However, one of the reasons for doing all of the classics separately, so far, was to see just how much support there was for getting these things redone and released for MWO. It's not unlike the mentality and methodology taken for the Urbanmech. In the long run, though, I don't think that eliminates the concept of a "Phoenix II" or "Classics" type pack. I don't think they'd be something like "Resistance III", as I believe those packs will probably continue on with or without any sort of classics packs. I expect to see Resistance, Origins, and Clan Wave packs continue to come out as time continues.

IF (and that's a big IF) they shift to exclusively single-mech packs, it'll probably be because they've found they're more economically viable and wiser (not rushing mechs out the door to meet package deadlines) for the time being . . . especially since it was said that the art department is really bogged down with things they need to catch up on (*cough*new art for Flamer fix*cough*).

On its own I too think the Phoenix Hawk will be a huge sales driver unless they really miss the mark on the appearance (IMHO most classically robo-techy of the unseens except for maybe the Wasp and Stinger, and it might not translate so well to the look and feel of the current game). So I agree that they will probably make a big deal out of it and/or mate its release around an event or two. We shall see.

Yeah, demand has been extremely high for the Phoenix Hawk, not unlike how demand has been extremely high for the announced classics so far. The Marauder was almost a no-brainer decision on doing first, as it is probably one of the most popular and well known Inner Sphere heavies. Doing the Warhammer next was just as simple of a decision, because the two have almost always gone hand-in-hand. I almost get the impression that the Rifleman won the opportunity to go next out of sheer luck, as it seems like the Rifleman, Crusader, and Archer were all pretty equal in demand at that point.

We'll have to see where things go after the Marauder releases and other mechs get closer to release.

The Hermes though...that is really interesting to me as it might have a MASC variant and perhaps might signal new weapons such as the Arrow IV. Might also signal a real push in the info-tech aspect of the game since I can't imagine big sales for a mech having 2 ML and a flamer regardless of its speed. If they include that build, I gotta think it will have other attributes to encourage purchase, and I expect that will be some unique info-tech or scouting type quirks.

MASC: possibly. Arrow IV: I don't see a reason to use the Hermes for its introduction.

The Hermes, being a 30 ton light mech, that spotted for artillery (one definitive TAG variant in there), but never carried it, doesn't really justify putting that weapon system into the game. Many mechs that we already have also spotted for Arrow IV systems. Also, the MASC variant will be tricky, as the mech already carried a 270 engine stock (current max for non-ECM Spiders), and the MASC in that mech pumped its speed up nearly 200kph. Even with MWO modifications for MASC speed boosts and the Speed Tweak nerf (Thank GOD! That skill needs to die in a fire), that's still pushing the current speed cap.

The Hermes II seems slightly more likely as a 40 ton medium mech. However, again, I'd prefer to see the Clint, as it was a bit more of a combat workhorse mech that would provide something more unique to the 40 ton weight class. The Hermes II would instead be a mech that's halfway between the Cicada and Clint as far as a role goes. Still . . . I'll be damned if a MWO Hermes II based on the 7S TRO artwork wouldn't look awesome.

In any case dropping these names is a great way to tease us and get us wondering. Well played PGI.

Well played, indeed.

#23 IceTitan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOntario/Canada

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:45 PM

Actually it was confirmed a while back that the Archer was the final mech in this series by Russ on the twitter feed when the rifleman was confirmed.

Edited by IceTitan, 24 November 2015 - 01:46 PM.

#24 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

I bought the entire maurader set. Still love how it looks. From the side it looks great and like the original. From the front, it is ugly, BUT I have never looked at the original marauder from the front. Alot of mechs with side shots we never think of what they might look like in 3D.

#25 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:59 PM

View PostIceTitan, on 24 November 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

Actually it was confirmed a while back that the Archer was the final mech in this series by Russ on the twitter feed when the rifleman was confirmed.

woot! totally getting that.

#26 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:03 PM

That is a sexy, sexy mech...

but you spelled "Hatchetman" wrong again.

#27 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:06 PM

View PostIceTitan, on 24 November 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

Im a Lurm ****, so I'm glad to see the Archer coming along. Crusader or Longbow would have been awesome too.

If the Archer is next, and the last of the unseen series that will be a bit of a let down.

#28 IceTitan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOntario/Canada

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:03 PM

Well they said there was only going to be 4 in this batch. I think the others have still the problem of tweeking them to be able to safely using them without harmony eyeing. So guess they might be using these four to test the waters before risking the others... since these are the four mechs catalyst games have re released I think.

#29 dwwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 476 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:06 PM

From the orthos it looks like it will have the volume of an Assault mech .......

#30 IceTitan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOntario/Canada

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:08 PM

Don't think there is any unseen assaults aside the marauder II since we already have the battlemaster

Probably the left overs will be used to make a Pheonix 2 pack.

Since most of the more populare unseen remaining are basicly based on the macross veritechs... crusader, pheonix hawk, marauder 2 (not veritech based but think it's the only remaining assault) and one of the remaining lights.

Edited by IceTitan, 24 November 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#31 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostIceTitan, on 24 November 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

Don't think there is any unseen assaults aside the marauder II since we already have the battlemaster

Probably the left overs will be used to make a Pheonix 2 pack.

Since most of the more populare unseen remaining are basicly based on the macross veritechs... crusader, pheonix hawk, marauder 2 (not veritech based but think it's the only remaining assault) and one of the remaining lights.

Longbow, and Stone Rhino, Based off the Phalanx and Monster Destroids, respectively.

#32 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:16 PM

*SQUEEEEEE* It has it's cannon! Sweet merciful lord, I see that cannon! Bravo PGI, Bravo <3

It kind of looks like a giant Raven :3

https://instagram.co...chwarrioronline

Thank you for that little snippet, that's enough to stymie my keyboard rending :P

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 24 November 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#33 Fulgar

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:15 PM

I have to say this is my first pre-order and looking forward to it and enjoying the game. Period. :)

Thanks,
Fulgar

#34 Hemholtz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:46 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 24 November 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

*SQUEEEEEE* It has it's cannon! Sweet merciful lord, I see that cannon! Bravo PGI, Bravo <3

It kind of looks like a giant Raven :3

https://instagram.co...chwarrioronline

Thank you for that little snippet, that's enough to stymie my keyboard rending :P

/reads the other quotes there....

No...it's not a locust 3rd evolution....or raven with arms.

It's a King Crab after undergoing a weight loss program.

#35 Wild_Alaskan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 159 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:56 PM

Marauder comes out in 7 days.

NS returns to Kurita in 8 days.

mfw

Posted Image

#36 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:18 PM

View Postwfischer, on 24 November 2015 - 08:56 PM, said:

Marauder comes out in 7 days.

NS returns to Kurita in 8 days.

mfw

Posted Image

have fun showing your soon-to-be former employers your new toy.

#37 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:10 AM

Show me more pictures PGI !

Come on...

#38 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:47 AM

Now we wait with baited breath to see if law suits happen.

#39 Grey Death Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:26 AM

View PostPolkastein, on 24 November 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

If this game is all about selling mechs to keep the lights on, why are we able to modify the mechs? Wouldn't it have been a better business model to make all mechs stock so you HAVE to get the latest greatest to keep up? Just saying...

Answer NO because defeat purpose of having a Mechlab to tinker in, you would destroy yet another aspect of Mechwarrior being able build something unque go out to the battlefield blow stuff up, or should i say you use to be able to do that before all the balance meta destroyed that fun aspect game

#40 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:39 AM

Heh, cute badges/titles... Still not gonna replace Caladbolg, and Founder's Badge any time soon :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users