3 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:22 PM

I recently learned of this term, a form of motion sickness you get when playing computer games. Basically your eyes say you are moving, and your body says it's not. Your brain goes nuts trying to figure it out, so your stomach does a flip, you get dizzy, and HURL.

So, how close is the waste paper basket. Is it made out of plastic, and how fast are you with a plastic drop cloth to protect your computer.

My solution. If the speed of your Mech is giving you problems, use slower Mechs. lol.

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:20 AM

I'm pretty sure most of the time it's an issue with narrow FoV.

Not that i suffer from this or anything (however i do get nauseous due to severe cockpit shake, usually from Clan ACs and LRMs, they're the worst.)

#3 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:35 AM

If someone has this issue, he should seriously consider not to play games causing it. Your brain is messed up with it and its probably not really good to constantly put it into this stress. People should be intelligent enough to stop gaming stuff that they can't tolerate by their health.

Take care about yourself guys.

#4 Sylonce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 300 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:20 PM

I recall feeling severely nauseous with certain games back in the day, and at certain times really did make we want to hurl. High fps games with a lot of spatial movement seems to do it for me. I think poor graphics was also a factor. Off the top of my head, titles like Tomb Raider (the older ones), Quake (1 and 2), Descent, and the old Wolfenstein 3d did it for me. And yeah, I quickly stopped playing them. I don't seem to have it with most modern games. Well, Arma 2 and DayZ did bring me close strangely enough, perhaps because of the awkward movement.

Never had issues with motion sickness outside of gaming interestingly enough, and I do a lot of things that messes with the senses.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users