Black Friday 20% Additional Mc

14 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:32 PM

BLACK FRIDAY 20% ADDITIONAL MC

STARTS: WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 25TH at 10:00 AM PST (6:00 PM UTC)
ENDS: TUESDAY DECEMBER 1ST at 10:00 AM PST (6:00 PM UTC)

Receive 20% bonus MC when purchasing any MC package!

Check the chart below for the bonus MC, then head on over to https://mwomercs.com/profile/credits to get your MC package!

Package Price

Normal MC

20% Bonus MC

Total MC

$99.95

$49.95

$29.95

$14.95

$6.95

#2 Centurio GER

• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:48 PM

I advise against taking this offer. Because when I bought MC during the last Black Friday, I did NOT qualify for this years customer appreciation program. I can still kick myself for doing so, instead of waiting for the spring sale.

To add insult to injury, I invested part of the mc into mechbays and the conversion of xp into gxp (all at bargain rates). This happened before the introduction of community warfare with the corresponding reward system and events. As a result I am currently (November 25th 2015) sitting on a mountain of 95K gxp and a hangar with 19 empty bays, with no reasonable way to utilize both.

Talk about buyer's regret, since I do not consider an extra US$ 7.49 for an Inner Sphere 40 ton mech a good deal.

Edited by Centurio GER, 25 November 2015 - 04:45 AM.

#3 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:00 PM

View PostCenturio GER, on 24 November 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

I advise against taking this offer. Because when I bought MC during the last Black Friday, I did NOT qualify for this years customer appreciation program. I can still kick myself for doing so.

I think, in the future, PGI should base their customer appreciation program on the date of their anniversary, rather than the calendar year. Otherwise there is that 2 month gap where buying anything doesn't net you anything for the program...

Either way, I suggest getting that MC while it's bonus! Just shell out for the smallest package when the customer appreciation program comes out if need be...

#4 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:24 PM

Black Friday.....hmmmm

What about White Friday....or Brown Friday, Yellow Friday, Red Friday.

I dont like where this is going...grrrrrrr

By the way UNIT COFFERS need work and also a 16 weapon Atlas would be awesome.

#5 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,185 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:51 PM

View PostCranky Puppy, on 24 November 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

Black Friday.....hmmmm

What about White Friday....or Brown Friday, Yellow Friday, Red Friday.

I dont like where this is going...grrrrrrr

By the way UNIT COFFERS need work and also a 16 weapon Atlas would be awesome.

you're. never. getting. a. 16. weapon. Atlas. get over it already. Dawnstealer has a better chance of getting his Hatchetman than you and all the other whiners do of getting that Atlas.

It's fine how it is. Learn to pilot it.

#6 xlrdallas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:33 PM

this game will never see a dime from me again , this is my vote

#7 Apewar

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:42 AM

decent sale. such troll

#8 z3a1ot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:03 AM

#9 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:30 AM

Nice sale. As stated in my past statements, until I see what final changes are, I am holding off on any purchases.

#10 Danielio97

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 57 posts
  • LocationKráľovce, Slovakia

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:36 AM

Nice sale, but no. I won't drop any € on this game until I build my new PC (ordering parts next week most likely). I will reconsider after that. I have like 20 empty mechbays, so I don't really need to buy more MC.

#11 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:09 AM

hmmm.
Didn´t we get 35% last year, mechbays at half price and premium time at half price?
i might be completely wrong though...

Edited by kesmai, 25 November 2015 - 08:09 AM.

#12 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:10 AM

Hmm, I think last time (BlackFriday 14) we got a +25% increase in MC !

Maybe I will spend something, maybe not...

#13 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:34 PM

PGI,

Unless a player just can't live without a color or camo pattern, there is very little in this game to buy with MC for anyone that has been playing for a while. Some hero mechs I suppose for newer players that haven't purchased yet.

You need to add some other items to buy. You need to add in custom sounds, custom geo, etc. When you sell every mech with preorder bundles, there really doesn't leave much anything else to spend MC on outside of non-essential fluff things- and MWO is lacking.

I will not be buying any MC. I still have enough for a while from the small bit I bought for the loyalty mech, and some from last year.

I don't find myself comfortable with the amount of info on the balance pass I have yet, or what will happen with steam, or CW. I am not comfortable enough to plunk down money for MC to sit on when there is a possibility the game is going to go full on headfirst into FPS in the next few months and away from battletech. Maybe, in the spring sale. Maybe next time.

#14 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:57 AM

This used to be the event sale for MC when it was one of only 2 MC sales throughout the whole year. And you can search previous posts but MC bonus was always 20%.

They didn't always do a full 50% sale on all heroes and champions though. They always charged full price on the last released heroes and other than the 2014 Halloween sale, were keeping these sales at about 35% off.

But 2015 has resulted in the release of many more mechs where now the heroes and champion mechs are not considered as valuable and will not sell as much.

I just don't get re-releasing mechs in a champion variant where they had just recently sold them in the gift store for real cash and expect the population that had bought them (usually the hard core paying playerbase) to repurchase the champion variant. I for one will never spend cash (presumably again) for something I already have just to get the "C".

Also agree with the above sentiments. If you like the anniversary/loyalty freebies, Black Friday is the worst time to buy since they will usually do a Spring sale in 2016 that will count toward their anniversary giveaways. As with my past posts, PGI's marketing team doesn't seem to understand their product/promotions and how it affects their consumers/playerbase. It almost seems like they want to rub salt into the wounds of people hurt by their marketing gaffes.

They also don't understand that they are competing with not just other games during Black Friday but every other store for a limited amount of money. They need to step up their game to make Black Friday a once a year event where players look forward to it, not just another 20% MC sale and 50% off premium mech sale. Again very lackluster marketing thought or development. No creativity. More potential income loss for PGI.

Edited by Smoked, 26 November 2015 - 03:01 AM.

#15 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:46 AM

Dear PGI,

Thank you for offering interested players this nice discount.

Unfortunately though, I for one am no longer interested in investing money into this game without a clear, mid- to long-term roadmap which shows whether or not you are planning (and executing on it!) to add more „game“ to MWO instead of just more mechs and turning arbitrary ***** in vain search of balance between what are inherently unbalanced factions.

If you add that kind of outlook to the game, I might get inclined to sharing my hard earned money with you guys again as I have done in the past, when MWO was just an awesome trailer and the promise of another BT-mechgame, i.e. when I had trust (or rather hope) in you.

If not, I don't know where I'm putting my money: Just the creation of more mech packs (which in turn means I have to spend even more money)? Some map „overhauls“ which do nothing expect making the maps cluttered and hard to navigate? Some changes to CW/FP which only benefit the unit-organized part of the player base which apparently is very small? Then I say thank you, but no thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users