#21 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:20 PM

View PostAxeface, on 24 November 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

And, the build in the wang is 2 MPL and the AC20, it is a surgeon.

I'm assuming you're running with an XL300 and FF? I used to run that build but I liked having 4 tons of ammo instead.

#22 Scar Glamour

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:35 PM

In terms of useful and unique builds it's Misery, Sparky, Yen-Lo-Wang.

#23 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:37 PM

Wang, Grey Death and Pirates' Bane.

#24 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:29 PM

View PostExplicitContent, on 24 November 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

With the 50% off sale for champion and hero mechs, are there any must have heroes?

I already own the Huggin, Ember, X-5, and Misery.

What is the next hero or champion that is worth its weight in 50% MC and why?

IMO, none, really. I regret purchasing the Ember, the Dragon Slayer (Clan invasion promptly curb stomped their power level), and even the Misery. I am personally saving my 10K MCs for Clan Heroes.

View PostTheArisen, on 24 November 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

Blackjack. The Arrow is good with ×3 Lpls & the 1X variant is epic.

Firebrand is good, it's pretty even with regular Jeager variants.

Gray Death is gonna get a nice buff as well.

You fit 3xLPLs on your Arrow? That's gotta be slow as heck. NM, it is not slow, but how is heat management?

Edited by El Bandito, 24 November 2015 - 07:33 PM.

#25 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:31 PM

Wang can also be done with 2 AC2, I used it while starting, very effective when you do not have a lot of efficiences and gives it long range suppression.

Thinking either Top Dog, St Ives, maybe a Hellslinger for myself.
I have 3 T-Bolts.
Thought about trying Vindicators, maybe Battlemasters, so far only 1 of 3 Assaults tried do I like. Need to avoid Lights and any slow moving Assaults.

#26 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:42 PM

My top used Heros are:
Anansi
The Death's Knell
Pirate's Bane

In that order :)

X-5 and Sparky get honorable mention as both good mechs I haven't owned long enough to catch the others.

If you are interested in smaller mechs the PB and TDK are must haves...if you don't like lights then they are not. I think Sparky is a must buy if you like mediums at all.

Edited by 3xnihilo, 24 November 2015 - 07:47 PM.

#27 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:42 PM

View PostAxeface, on 24 November 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

It's a great mech but I prefer the Wang, the 4P doesnt have the luxury of the great shield arm and really tanky cross-section (lots of gaps in the wang for people to miss you). I have survived things the the wang that no other mech could.

And, the build in the wang is 2 MPL and the AC20, it is a surgeon.

I paint my YLW solid black (I got Hot Rod Black with my Project Phoenix pack, probably the most frequently used color I own); you can't change the pattern, but you can change the color channels. With that solid black paint job it can easily pass for a CN9-A or D.

But, yeah, YLW with a 300XL, endo steel, double sinks, 2xMPL, AC20 (4 tons ammo), and the rest armor... Such. A. Beast.

However, if there's an assault class chassis you really like, now would be a good time to look into the assault class heroes. Normally they're kinda' pricey, but at 50% off the price tag isn't so bad. (I picked up my Hellslinger Battlemaster when it was on sale around Halloween '14. Love the BLRs, but I'd be damned if I was gonna pay full price for an assault class hero.)

#28 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:57 AM

I'd say Yen Lo Wang or Ilya Muromets.

I don't have the YLW, but it has a very strong following. It's a medium with an A/C20 and good quirks, it should be solid.

I do have the Ilya and love it. It is one of my favorite heavies. It can run dps builds like mine (3 A/C5s and 3 MLasers), or high alpha builds like the dual gauss. Plus it fits a larger A/C (A/C20) in the torso if need be.

As a wild card, The Jester is a nice consideration. Possibly the fastest heavy in the game (97kph when elited), high mount weapon arms, JJs, and a newly reworked CT hitbox, it is a nice quick fire support heavy (ugly paint aside). It is laser vomit, but 2 LLasers and 4 MLasers with decent quirks never seems to let me down (1.95 KDR in 100 matches all PUG). You could even go all LLasers if you felt like it, but I like the speed with a lighter weapons load.

#29 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:02 AM

View PostExplicitContent, on 24 November 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

With the 50% off sale for champion and hero mechs, are there any must have heroes?

I already own the Huggin, Ember, X-5, and Misery.

What is the next hero or champion that is worth its weight in 50% MC and why?

Tdk

#30 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:43 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 25 November 2015 - 02:57 AM, said:

As a wild card, The Jester

Wow, I forgot about the Jester. Yup this is another good one; Jump Jet and dual AMS capable too.

#31 Duke Nedo

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:16 AM

Starting to think I must own the new top dog..

#32 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:24 AM

My Black Friday Wish List:
- Pirate's Bane (ECM 20 ton mech will help in CW)
- Dragon Slayer (I want one because I could use another 80 ton Assault other than Zeus)
- Oxide (maybe I could wait for the clan 2C which is similar)
- The Arrow (I have no 45 ton mechs hear the BJs are the best at that tonnage)

#33 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:25 AM

My only hero is my Wang and yep best one.

#34 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:29 AM

wang is solid as always... firebrand can do all the cheesy jager builds so if you are good with jagers here you go.

In general, beside the dragons and the IV4 all heavy heros are more or less good and usable, yes even the protector.

For mediums, sparky is a nice fast skirmisher and the arrow can do the AC20 build so there's your jumping wang with less armor.

Never understood why people are so fascinated with the misery, I haven't seens those magical good builds everyone is talkin' about.. always looks like a slow, big target with an AC20 and some lasers...

#35 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:22 AM

View Post627, on 25 November 2015 - 04:29 AM, said:

In general, beside the dragons and the IV4 all heavy heros are more or less good and usable, yes even the protector.

IV-FOUR is a great pug mech. Pilot one and see for yourself. Will be even better post PSR.

View Post627, on 25 November 2015 - 04:29 AM, said:

Never understood why people are so fascinated with the misery, I haven't seens those magical good builds everyone is talkin' about.. always looks like a slow, big target with an AC20 and some lasers...

Yep, I was talked into buying the Misery, and just can't make the darn thing work. Battlemasters are way more nimble and no less deadly than it. Hellslinger might have been the better option. Slow Assaults are just undesirable right now.

Edited by El Bandito, 25 November 2015 - 06:23 AM.

#36 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:41 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 November 2015 - 04:27 PM, said:

Wang. The only hero you will ever need.

Very true, one of my favorites to use, the other being the Pirates Bane, oddly fun little Mech.

#37 deadmedo

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 98 posts
  • LocationBosna i Hercegovina

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:47 AM

My hero mechs:

PIRATE'S BANE - solid light mech with ecm, and very cheap.

ARROW - fun mech, bought it mostly for the 6mg (with 2 lpl). Its really fun to kill a cored mech with 6mgs :D

GRID IRON - bought it because i wanted to try the ac like gauss rifle. It's ok but not so fun as i thought it would be.

FIREBRAND - one of my favourite chasis. I use dual gauss and its really good. You could do the same on the other variants but....I love my jagers :)

EMBER - good mech. Maybe its in the shadow of his S and A variant, but i like this mech too. 4 mls and 4mg :)

ILYA MUROMETS - a must have hero mech. probably my favourite. 3uac5 + 2ml for daka daka :)

MISERY - also one of my favourite mechs. Its really hard to kill plus with the ac20+2ppc combination it delivers some really good damage. Just watch the LT. If you lose it you're dead :)

SPARKY - This mech is great. Its an IS version of a stormcrow. Good hardpoints and mobility. And my best K/D ratio hero mech :)

#38 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:58 AM

Alright, what are your opinions on the Firebrand vs Ilya, I own 1 jäger and 1 'Phract so I am thinking about picking up one or the other.

#39 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:13 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 25 November 2015 - 06:58 AM, said:

Alright, what are your opinions on the Firebrand vs Ilya, I own 1 jäger and 1 'Phract so I am thinking about picking up one or the other.

Firebrand has some nice high-mounted hard points. Ilya does the triple AC thing, but the ballistic points are all low. 'Phracts tend to worse hitboxes, though. Overall, I don't fear or respect the Firebrand any more or less than any other Jagermech. The Ilya, OTOH, I still have a healthy respect for.

#40 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:25 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 25 November 2015 - 06:22 AM, said:

Yep, I was talked into buying the Misery, and just can't make the darn thing work. Battlemasters are way more nimble and no less deadly than it. Hellslinger might have been the better option. Slow Assaults are just undesirable right now.

Ok, Battlemaster OP, but Misery, being slow, is just a mistake to slap a ac20 in.

gauss/3erLL and you are fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users