Side Torso Loss Idea

6 replies to this topic

#1 Sader325

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:30 PM

Why not have it so that instead of instantly dying when you lose IS XL, it simply exposes the vulnerable part of the engine.

In effect this gives you a "second chance" to protect your exposed engine after your side torso is lost. Any shots into your side torso (after your side torso was destroyed) would damage your exposed engine (instead of your center torso).

Or in the case of clans, the side torso loss would expose the engine, allowing you to damage the engine with another shot (slowing down clan mech).

This would in effect allow someone to have a better chance of protecting there side torso without having to worry about the large hitbox of their side torso (which has now been destroyed).

#2 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:40 PM

Wouldn't this be functionally the same as just buffing side torso internals?

#3 AEgg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:42 PM

To the OP, this thread was triple-posted...

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 24 November 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

Wouldn't this be functionally the same as just buffing side torso internals?

Yes. Except that we couldn't show it on the HUD since component health isn't displayed on the paperdoll.

More relevantly, death on ST loss vs death on losing two ST is also effectively just a difference in structure. If you shoot a clan mech's side torso long enough, you'll core out the CT and it will be just as dead as an IS mech with an XL engine.

Edited by AEgg, 24 November 2015 - 04:44 PM.

#4 Sader325

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:49 PM

View PostAEgg, on 24 November 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

To the OP, this thread was triple-posted...

Yes. Except that we couldn't show it on the HUD since component health isn't displayed on the paperdoll.

More relevantly, death on ST loss vs death on losing two ST is also effectively just a difference in structure. If you shoot a clan mech's side torso long enough, you'll core out the CT and it will be just as dead as an IS mech with an XL engine.

I suppose I'm suggesting that it should actually appear on the paper doll.

But only after the ST has been destroyed, and that the ST engine hitbox should be smaller than the Side torso hitbox.

#5 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:13 AM

I'd be cool with this. It would add a different flavor to their survivability besides just a structure buff because of the smaller hit box while still losing all the components. O don't think it would be OP either. Maybe add a red dot to the black paper doll ST to show "intact engine." pretty cool idea.

#6 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:00 AM

Buffing the internals would pretty much do the same thing, be less complicated, and less confusing for players.

#7 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:02 AM

Engines don't have "Health Points". How would you assign "Health Point" values to engines? More the bigger? If they did that then I would have to ask for my AC10's to have way more Health" points versus my MG's, for rather obvious reasons. ;)

Edited by Almond Brown, 26 November 2015 - 09:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users