• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:40 PM

Voting needs to go. that simple.

What is going now is:

Players are being lumped into modes they do not want and are being forced to play those modes. It is causing people to give less than best effort which is ruining the fun for others. It is said that it harms the team when players suicide their mechs, disconnect during a match prior to being destroyed or do absolutely nothing. Well, why is this going I wonder? Taking account for real life problems coming up, that leaves you with players <the ones doing the aforementioned behaviors> who are in modes they never wanted to be in.

The behaviors ascribed above have gotten so bad that time to connect penalties are being attached and for consistent offenders they may be suspended or even completely and totally banned from this game as a whole. Why do you think people keep up the behavior of not fighting, leaving or suiciding during matches PGI? Its not because we hate the game, but, more precisely hate what has been given to us in the name of some lofty goal thats obviously not being met. Look, there were and ARE countless threads on how we hate the voting. There is a consistent uproar on social media and yet voting remains.

Russ, the following is directly for you:

You took what WORKED and BROKE IT. You broke it BAD. Making us wait to vote and making us suffer in modes we used to opt out of, Skirmish for example, and FORCE us to play it. For what? To make it faster? Yea, that didnt happen. On average, its taking longer to make matches, and then, you generate matches that have players who deliberately do the exact minimum to get to the end of the match with out getting some tyrannical penalty leveled at them. If you think we your current customer base are being harsh, sadly, a wake up call is coming. Its called Steam. Steam users demand a high level of perfection and expect freedom of choice. We have neither. We have what is the ILLUSION of choice. Weighting the vote does not work as it lets trolls swap their vote at the final moment to deliberately build their multiplier so they may dominate the vote at some point and laugh as some combo comes up that no one wants.

We beg, we plead that you give us back our freedom of choice and remove voting as all its done is create hostility and drive off players. If all you want are players who will stay for a week, get bored because there is no substance, and leave, then please, stay the course, but, if you want to see this game thrive, flourish and live on with the same sort of legacy you see from MechWarrior 2, then voting needs to go.

We are all trying to get you to see how bad a move this was, please, listen to us, do not continue to ignore us.

Thus concludes my feature suggestion, the removal of a bad feature: voting.

#2 Tuis Ryche

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:11 AM

"...you generate matches that have players who deliberately do the exact minimum to get to the end of the match with out getting some tyrannical penalty leveled at them."

This pretty much sums up my gaming experience the past 2 weeks...minus 48 hours or so.

But, hey, as long as your matchmaker keeps cranking out those matches. It's an unstoppable factory of sadness. The Browns of the Mechwarrior universe.

#3 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:19 AM

I would rather wait 5 even 10 minutes for a match if that meant the following:

I am matched up with those fellow pilots who live up to the mode type. By that I mean if it is Assault, then the players actually go for a base cap as a first objective because the mode states as its first objective Capture the Enemy Base. It is not too much to ask that like minded players be grouped together. Skirmishers can go death brawl it out in skirmish, Assaulters can go assault, conquesters can conquest. What boggles my mind is why this simple truth is so overtly ignored by PGI.

#4 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:04 AM

View PostTuis Ryche, on 25 November 2015 - 12:11 AM, said:

"...you generate matches that have players who deliberately do the exact minimum to get to the end of the match with out getting some tyrannical penalty leveled at them."

This pretty much sums up my gaming experience the past 2 weeks...minus 48 hours or so.

But, hey, as long as your matchmaker keeps cranking out those matches. It's an unstoppable factory of sadness. The Browns of the Mechwarrior universe.

If it's a game mode i dont wanna play... I just dont play.
Got better things to do then to entertain that one or two guys that are troll voting for crap.

#5 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:42 PM

Yozzman except not playing in a mode you dislike is against the rules now. Failure to participate can get you suspended or removed completely from this game. Think i am kidding? Wish I was. See, Russ knew how badly we would react to this voting, he had to have known, or why else would there be a nonparticipation section on the report a player thing? AFK, DC, SUICIDING and DISCONNECTING are all things you can be reported for now, and all because Russ HAD TO HAVE KNOWN we would protest this crap by NOT playing in modes we do not want.

#6 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:03 AM

@Rejarial Galatan

Just to clarify since I am not that long really active in the game, you ask for the removal of the voting system that gives a minimum ammount of the possibility to influence map and gametype? Because, if I remember correctly, the system before was like completely random and I had no influence to whatever map or mode I will land in. If I understand you correctly you want to be able to select the server and the game mode (and probably the map) and then let matchmaker sort out what teams to combine based on Tier and Mech. It is really just to understand if I got you right.

#7 MysticLink

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:22 PM

I am not paying another dime on this game or even playing any more. I hate conquest. I don't like to play it. I shouldn't have to play it.

#8 celofane

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:30 PM

This is so typical of PGI, its like someone woke up in the middle of the night after eating so much junk it left them with heartburn and in their delusion got this great (but horrible) idea to let people vote. So make it so if I vote for Assault, I get assault, if someone else votes for conquest, let them get conquest. You know, like it was.
All you're doing it pitting each team mate against each other because they got something other than what they asked for. And remember some of us PAY for this game and you would have NOTHING without us.
And why can't we pick a mech after we find out what map has been selected. With your logic its like asking the navy seals to take a tank when they need a ship.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users