4 replies to this topic

#1 rox5tar

• PipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 25 posts
  • LocationOut of Bounds

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:06 PM

I have played MWO for a while now (About 2 years) and I finally decided to buy a Clan Mech for the first time. I have always played with IS mechs, because they were cheaper than clan mechs. Today however, I decided to purchase the KFX-S. I played a match and after that I decided to change the loadout. I was completely lost. Can somebody explain to me why I can't change my engine, and what point Omnipods and Actuators have?

#2 Spitfire 03

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:08 PM

Clan mechs have set Components. Engine, Jump Jets, some Heatsinks. They are locked and unmoveable. They can, however, change limbs and torsos, even swapping heads if needed so you can get the hardpoint load out you want. All, Endo steel is locked. if you chose a mech without it, you cannot add it.

This is why you'll only ever see the arctic cheetah moving like a light, cuz no clan light can swap for a decent engine.

Edited by Spitfire 03, 25 November 2015 - 04:10 PM.

#3 rox5tar

• PipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 25 posts
  • LocationOut of Bounds

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:27 PM

Thank you very much! That helped quite a lot. Correct me if I am wrong, but I have found the Actuators to just take up space on the arms.

Edited by rox5tar, 25 November 2015 - 04:55 PM.

#4 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:53 PM

Actuators actually do something, if you have arm lock disabled.

Upper arm actuators let you aim arm-mounted weapons up and down further than the torso can move.
Lower arm actuators let you aim arm-mounted weapons side-to-side, further than the torso can move.
Hand actuators....I'm not even sure if these do anything? Maybe extending side-to-side movement?

#5 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:43 PM

View PostArcturusWolf, on 25 November 2015 - 04:53 PM, said:

Hand actuators....I'm not even sure if these do anything? Maybe extending side-to-side movement?

that is correct, Hand actuators give a wider side to side arm movement range

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users