Hidden Clan Nerf?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Zentil

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:59 PM

Hi,

I am going to paste the post of another user, takkom, that was born from a post I started on supposedly wrong weapon tables. He did a good in game tests that might show hidden Clan nerfs to weapons. So this post is not about whether there should or should not be nerf to Clan mechs, it's about trying to bring out if there are any.

Posted Imagetakkom, on 22 November 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:
i just did some tests myself on PTS forest colony with a kgc 0000:

1x LPL: 11%
2x LPL: 25%
3x LPL: 39%
4x LPL: 70%

1x med las: 4%
2x med las: 12%
3x med las: 20%
4x med las: 28%

1x ac10: 5%
2x ac10: 11%

2x ac10 + 1x med las: 16%
2x ac10 + 2x med las: 24%

i tried a bunch more...bottom line - the numbers added up fine, except pulse lasers looked a bit different than other lasers due do their different build-up and dissipation over time mechanics.

next, i hopped on a warhawk to compare clan weapons
1x LPL: 8%
2x LPL: 23%
1x MPL: 3%
2xMPL: 12%
1x ERL: 7%
1x ERM: 3%
1x ERS: 0%
1x ERPPC 23%

1x ERM+ ERPPC: 27%
1x ERM + LPL:19%

1x ERS+ ERM+LPL+ERPPC: 49%
1x ERS+ ERM+ERL+ERPPC: 47%
(...)

p.s. it also takes 7x cERLg shots and 6x cLPL shots to break the arm armor of a CPLT-A1 --- testing grounds fail?

----

My bottom line: is there more heating and less damage going on here? Eager to hear your comments.

Z

#2 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:14 PM

1: Percentage does NOT equal heat. If something generates 4 heat, that doesn't mean it'll raise you to 4%.

Your heat cap should be 60, plus the heatsink coefficient * the number of heatsinks you have. You dissipate heat while firing, so percentages certainly look weird at first glance.

2: Don't forget to account for quirks.

3: All clan lasers are longer range and higher damage, but generate more heat and have longer cooldowns and durations.

4: Don't forget about Ghost Heat. The Ghost Heat threshold on IS LPL's is 3. Fire more than that, and you get ghost heat. However, you can only fire 2 clan LPL's without generating ghost heat.

The exact amount of ghost heat can be found on Smurfy.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

Account for all that, and I'm sure whatever it is you were posting about makes sense. To be honest, I'm not sure what you were pointing out.

But no, there hasn't been a ninja-nerf recently, as far as anyone can tell.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users