Question

4 replies to this topic

#1 Zentil

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:36 AM

Hi everyone,

I have been playing for a while and I am now at a point where I might afford owning 3 mechs of the same chassis so to double the basic skill bonuses and unlock elite skills.
However, in game, I have seen people chatting about recent changes to skill trees, particularly to the bonuses associated with basic and elite skills having been reduced. I did not find anything in the last patch about skills, so I am writing to understand a bit better what is going on.
Specifically:

> where I can find info of recent changes to skills and skill trees?

> where can I find an up to date post about how to unlock elite skills? E.g. whether one needs to own 3 variants of the same chassis at any given time, etc... most of the info I found is from 2013.

Thanks in advance

Z

#2 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:47 AM

Those people are talking about balance changes that are being tested on the public test server:

http://mwomercs.com/...-pts-4-updated/

And those things might indeed come to pass. Even when they do you could consider them a waystation on the way to a truly comprehensive and branching skill tree involving actual choice (hopefully)

#3 Zentil

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:16 AM

Thanks.

Where can I find an up to date post about how to unlock elite skills? E.g. whether one needs to own 3 variants of the same chassis at any given time, etc... most of the info I found is from 2013.

#4 GTV Zeratul

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:21 PM

My last games were about 4 months ago,real life and all that.

Lets say you've got 3 TBR's now and get all basic skills unlocked for all three.
Now you can level the one you like most to full elite.

What you do next is a choise, do you elite the other two TBR's or do you go for a different set of 3 heavies?
Lets say you buy 3 EBJ's, repeat step 1 and 2.
Say you like 2 EBJ's, level them both to full elite. Or go through steps 1 and 2 with a third set of heavies.

Now you have 3 heavies at elite so now you are able to unlock master level on all heavy mechs.

Now you can sell mechs you don't use, I don't recommend selling mechs but you can now in regards to skill trees.

Repeat for the other weight classes. It's a grind but well worth it.

Hope this helps.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:52 AM

if you purchase the TBR-S but decide you do not want jumpjets, after basicing it you can sell it but keep the omnipods, then purchase the Timber Wolf C, sell that after completing basics then you decide you want the TBR prime, you will still have the omnipods from the other 2 and the skills remain unlocked so after completing basics on the prime you can go straight on to complete elite.

now you purchase a Jagermech, and love it, you think it is way better than the Timber wolf (I know highly unlikely) so you want to fully master it, you still need to complete basics on 3 Jagermechs to unlock elite, but as you have already completed Elite on one heavy (the Timber Wolf) you only need to Elite 2 Jagermechs (or 1 Jagermech and 1 other heavy) to unlock master.for all heavies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users