Cw Pugs Vs Organized

70 replies to this topic

#1 Krellshand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:24 AM

I know there are topics like this already here, but I just HAVE to say it again.

I am playing PUG only, I had joined units in the past, but its juts no fun for me. Always TS if your online, be online at least once a week etc etc. Sorry not happening.

And it is NOT just the talking via TS or Voip that makes orgaized so much stronger, its the mech layout or distribution so you dont bring stupid mechs/layouts, have enough ecm (god knows I wait for the bubble nerf...) and a good mix of the weight classes you need in each wave. Oh, and you don´t have a disconnect or afk....YES they are stronger per se, but why on earth do they have to fight against sole pug groups? You KNOW you kill the fun for 12 players in that match, players who maybe WONT come back to CW EVER again.

Hell I stoped playing CW except for events (and there only until I got my goals) although I found this game mode splendid in the beginning. Now I avoid where I can, Long waiting times, the risk of getting stomped by a unit - and all in all, you have to have at least an hour of time to see it through.

I dumped at least 7 oder 800 bucks ins this game, so I would like to be able to play all ascpects of the game. If I am mistaken and CW is for organized groups only (which are about what, 10% of the playerbase??) then well, maybe its time to quit and move on, because in the rest oft the game there is not much happening right now. But its NOT just for organized, its just that in CW for some strange reason, they can drop against pugs where in normal matches they can only fight against other organozed groups. THATS the way to do it. If you drop with your friends, only then you should have the risk to drop against pre made 12 man groups. Not if you go solo and wait 20 minutes for a match.

Cater for the majority of the playerbase, so that PUGs play your CW even outside of events. Or let it die slowly

You leave the matchmaking like it is today and pugs are shuffeld back when an organized comes into queue and then they have to fight against an organized group and get stomped if they are ANY good. Great fun, wasted 30Minutes and thats sometimes all I have to spare on one day. See the point here? You make the odd hour normal people can spend on a game miserable, you scare them away - you lose players.

Yes it MAY be fun for some Sealclubbers, but if those are the only ones left in the game, you statistically make no more money - its not the core players who dump the most money in the game, at least thats what all F2P statistics say. For everyone who likes to play competetive its also a waste of time

Sorry but I just can´t grasp why you would let premade 12 man groups have an advantage in every ascpect of the game mode, because they can drop against pugs. Make PUG planets to fight over. Make PUG vs Premade impossible.
Or watch the player numbers in CW decline constantly.

So, that was my game tme fo the day. Thank you

Edited by Krellshand, 28 November 2015 - 01:54 AM.

#2 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:53 AM

View PostKrellshand, on 28 November 2015 - 01:24 AM, said:

I know there are topics like this already here, but I just HAVE to say it again.

I am playing PUG only, I had joined units in the past, but its juts no fun for me. Always TS if your online, be online at least once a week etc etc. Sorry not happening.

Sounds like you didn't fit with your previous unit. But, are you seriously implying that every unit works the some way?

And it is NOT just the talking via TS or Voip that makes orgaized so much stronger, its the mech layout or distribution so you dont bring stupid mechs/layouts, have enough ecm (god knows I wait for the bubble nerf...) and a good mix of the weight classes you need in each wave. Oh, and you don´t have a disconnect or afk....YES they are stronger per se, but why on earth do they have to fight against sole pug groups? You KNOW you kill the fun for 12 players in that match, players who maybe WONT come back to CW EVER again.

For the eighty billionth time, the point of CW is for different factions to try and take planets away from each other! If that doesn't sound like fun to you then CW isn't for you.

A split queue would render the galaxy map, unit tags and factions completely pointless. If your faction can't beat the players from the opposing faction, and I mean every single player willing to drop, then you don't deserve to take/keep that planet.

Hell I stoped playing CW except for events (and there only until I got my goals) although I found this game mode splendid in the beginning.

Why? What exactly was splendid about it then?

Now I avoid where I can, Long waiting times,

Large groups spend far less time waiting in queue than solos. Trust me, I drop both on a pretty regular basis.

the risk of getting stomped by a unit

The chances of you dropping against a complete unit is pretty slim these days. However, players who want to actually win matches still take the effort to assort into temporary coalitions of a few small groups from several different units. Whiners who want to win but not actually do anything to make a win more likely create QQ forum threads.

- and all in all, you have to have at least an hour of time to see it through.

Can't really argue with that point. Getting everyone in a group organized and on the same page does sometime test the patience of Job. "Seriously? You went for a smoke/snack before we have actually got a count down running?"

I dumped at least 7 oder 800 bucks ins this game, so I would like to be able to play all ascpects of the game.

What about the people who have put as much or more than you into this game who want a deeper, strategic, dynamic universe to play in? They should just 'shove off' because your entitled ego wants to be catered to in absolutely ever single aspect of this game?

If I am mistaken and CW is for organized groups only (which are about what, 10% of the playerbase??)

Eighty billion and one. CW is for factions, you know those houses and clans everyone is sporting next to their pilot names, to try and take planets away from each other. Working together in organized groups just happens to be the very best way to achieve those goals. Dropping solo and expecting to beat better teams is just over entitled egos running rampant.

then well, maybe its time to quit and move on,

Maybe it is or maybe it's time to try a strategy that actually works at taking planets away from others.

because in the rest oft the game there is not much happening right now. But its NOT just for organized, its just that in CW for some strange reason, they can drop against pugs where in normal matches they can only fight against other organozed groups.

Split queues in the Quick Play tab were created specifically to cater to people like you who don't like the idea of getting to know and working together with other human beings. You have an entire game mode dedicated to exactly what you want. And yet here you are, wanting to ruin the experience of a mode built with cooperating teams in mind.

THATS the way to do it. If you drop with your friends, only then you should have the risk to drop against pre made 12 man groups. Not if you go solo and wait 20 minutes for a match.

There is already an entire game mode built specifically for what you have in mind. It's called Quick Play.

Cater for the majority of the playerbase, so that PUGs play your CW even outside of events.

How exactly do you build a mode of faction on faction warfare without including those players who care about factions enough to have created units that have existed for decades in real life? How do you explain to them that "nope, we'll have faction versus faction but you can't work together to do it because entitled PUGs don't like finding out that they aren't as good at team games as they think." How exactly would you prevent said units from sync-dropping in your faction v. faction system and completely wrecking PUG faces?

Isn't it better to have a mode where players are encouraged to build and practice teamwork and cooperation? Even better, allow those solo players who understand what the system is to participate and fill in for teams who might not have complete rosters for every drop?

Or let it die slowly

Ah yes. The much ballyhooed "death of CW." It's still here, 11 months after being patched in and 10 and 1/2 months after the first forum threads were created predicting its death.

Have participation levels dropped since it was introduced? Certainly. How about participation levels in the Quick Play modes? Ever noticed that you see the same names, over and over again in one evening? Know what that means?

You leave the matchmaking like it is today and pugs are shuffeld back when an organized comes into qeue

That isn't how it actually works. If there are enough players to form a complete team then that group moves to the queue. If a tick is open then they get assigned and the countdown begins. The only way to get bumped is if there is already a team in countdown with no opponent (potential ghost drop) then your team remains in count up mode to prevent the zerging of planets from early CW. This is the only time when a complete team might slide ahead of an all PUG group. What usually happens is that a partial team enters the queue and takes some of the PUGs to fill out its rank sending the remainders back to count up mode. There is currently a bug in the system making the last PUG into the PUG group into the first one picked up by th partial team. That bug has been pointed out to PGI and they responded that it will be patched in December. That means if you were the first solo to queue up on a planet, you'll be the first drafted into any partial groups that come in later.

and then they have to fight against an organized group and get stomped if they are ANY good.

Yes. Organized teams are better at winning a team centered game than random groups of Rambos.

Great fun, wasted 30Minutes and thats sometimes all I have to spare on one day. See the point here?

I think so. Your point is that you don't know the first thing about CW and you can't be bothered to actually do something to get better at a team centered game?

You make the odd hour normal people can spend on a game miserable,

Nope. Poor decision making on their part led to their negative experience.

you scare them away - you lose players.

You do realize that you are trying to blame others for your own poor decisions, right?

Yes it MAY be fun for some Sealclubbers,

It's really not. The really, really competitive teams don't drop in CW all that often. The chances of them finding a match with a team of comparable skill is just too small. Your experience of "being clubbed" most likely came at the hands of a group of average solo players who made the choice to improve their chances of winning by using teamwork in a team oriented game. Trust me, when the uber-elite teams do drop CW they end up clubbing most typical CW teams worse than you yourself have likely ever experienced.

but if those are the only ones left in the game, you statistically make no more money - its not the core players who dump the most money in the game, at least thats what all F2P statistics say.

Those "statistics" (which you failed to cite) are likely not relevant. Most F2P games are novel IP's or aimed at very short duration, casual players. Battletech is an IP with a very long history when it comes to video games. The sheer volume of related materials already generated from previous computer games, tabletop games, collectibles (mini's and cards), novels, toys, and even very, very bad cartoons has created a strong, core fan base. While the number of fans of this IP is dwarfed by something like Star Wars or Disney, the fervor and love the core fans have for Battletech is likely comparable.

For everyone who likes to play competetive its also a waste of time

Someone who just spent this post explaining how completely uninterested in being competitive they are is not likely to be a good source on deciding whether CW is a waste of time.

Sorry but I just can´t grasp why you would let premade 12 man groups have an advantage in every ascpect of the game mode, because they can drop against pugs.

They don't have an advantage in every aspect of the game mode. Their advantage is in one aspect only. They chose to work with others in a team.

Make PUG planets to fight over.

Why? Those players who are actually interested in the mode (factions taking planets from factions) will simply drop onto your precious PUG planet and instantly work together with whoever is on their team to club you some more.

Make PUG vs Premade impossible.

Why do you think you have the right to demand restrictions in how I play the game? I regularly drop as a solo and have fun as well as enjoying my time working with my teammates.

Or watch the player numbers in CW decline constantly.

You sound like a creationist predicting the imminent demise of evolutionary theory, over and over again for the last 150 years.

So, that was my game tme fo the day. Thank you

You're welcome?

Edited by vandalhooch, 28 November 2015 - 03:05 AM.

#3 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:52 AM

^ this guy has got it down,
don't hate on the mode because it doesn't pander on your every whim, it works great for it's intended purpose.

#4 Soldatushka

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:01 AM

I'am a solo gamer. Always i see preamade team in CW i push quit button. Its part of CW play. Its not what im worry abou. But should it work like ths?

#5 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:04 AM

1st if all TL;DR

I only play CW these days. 99% of my matches are as a pug. Most of my matches are over before they even begin due to being pug vs premade. But I always take as many enemies down with me as possible. Made me a better player. Unlike this pansy quitter above me^

Edited by W A R K H A N, 28 November 2015 - 04:05 AM.

#6 Depressing-Fire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNew Tasmania, Kikuyu

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:08 AM

If there were no premade groups and a way to make a unit in the game, players will still make communities outside of the game space and sync drop, people will still be on team speak/vent/mumble, anti-social gamers would still be at a disadvantage. If you want to play CW solo? cool go for it buddy, just quit bitching about premades being part of a game that is trying to encourage team play.

#7 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostSoldatushka, on 28 November 2015 - 04:01 AM, said:

I'am a solo gamer. Always i see preamade team in CW i push quit button. Its part of CW play. Its not what im worry abou. But should it work like ths?

Quitting out of a match when it starts is a direct violation of the Code of Conduct you agreed to when you created your account. If reported by your teammates, you could find yourself banned from the game.

Guessing that you are not a native English speaker (nothing wrong with that), but have you tried to find a unit in your preferred faction that you could join?

Contrary to the repeated lies of the CW haters, units that routinely drop in CW do not want PUGs to go away. We want them to stop being PUGs. Join a unit. Create your own micro-unit with one or two buddies. At the very least, get on the teamspeak server for your faction and at least listen in to the drop commanders. I spent the first three weeks of CW just solo pugging for Kurita. Having had zero experience using VOIP in any setting, I didn't even own a headset with a microphone, I was very reluctant to give it a shot. One day, I just decided to bite the bullet and give it a try. Someone posted the Kurita server address in a PUG drop and I joined in.

Whole new levels of this game where opened up to me. I look back on that decision to take the scary plunge as one of the smartest things I every did.

#8 Soldatushka

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:27 AM

Quiting CW as fairly as units fight against PUGs.

#9 Krellshand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:30 AM

Ahh, the Advovat of Unit play and "CW isnt for anyone". If I had to take a Bet who is responding first and in which way, i`d pick you. How many threads and posts do you have on this topic? 300? 400? The loud minority again.

View Postvandalhooch, on 28 November 2015 - 02:53 AM, said:

Sounds like you didn't fit with your previous unit. But, are you seriously implying that every unit works the some way?

Yes. In all game I played, and thats a lot. Yes the do work the same way, with some minor quirks.

For the eighty billionth time, the point of CW is for different factions to try and take planets away from each other! If that doesn't sound like fun to you then CW isn't for you.

I agree. But I can join a faction and still dont play in a unit. There is no tie between the two facts as you sugest. CW= Unit is not true, or otherwise it would be like in WoT where you cant`t play the world map unless you are in a clan. Fact.

A split queue would render the galaxy map, unit tags and factions completely pointless. If your faction can't beat the players from the opposing faction, and I mean every single player willing to drop, then you don't deserve to take/keep that planet.

Ahh, th blaming again. So if not every single player is willing to do the utmost to hold play thise mode, he does not deserve to play it? Elitist much? Players playing for FUN are not deserving to play it, because they dont study the meta, join a unit etc.?
Geh mit Gott aber geh mein Freund. You don´t get the point why most people play a GAME.
Hint: Hard work and dedication are not the reasons.

It would work. Then you cant´take EVERY Planet for your UNIT, because there are PUG planets,. You COULD still take them for your faction, can´t you? And split queue would work, just might take a little longer for you to find a match. No problem with me.

New match mode, Garage mode, new maps, different loadouts to fit the role. Pick one.
Unti play was NOT one of the reasons.

Large groups spend far less time waiting in queue than solos. Trust me, I drop both on a pretty regular basis.

So, where is the problem then to wait a little longer for another premade? If the wait times are short, then waiting a little longer should not be a problem.

The chances of you dropping against a complete unit is pretty slim these days. However, players who want to actually win matches still take the effort to assort into temporary coalitions of a few small groups from several different units. Whiners who want to win but not actually do anything to make a win more likely create QQ forum threads.

The time it takes to form a group and join TS is more than I dare spend a day on this game. You want to play with others, talk in TS and such stuff. Good for you. I dont - and MANY others (majority) dont want to too. Its a fact that only a minority is organized in clans and stuff, and I don´t mind losing a game, as long as it was fun to play.

You want a competition mode? Then make it premade vs premade and let the fun people pug it out - again, I see no reason why the queue should not be split up. Make one planet per Faction PUG only, and you can fight over the rest until eternity as far as I am concerned. I could not care less about Planets and Factions on the map.

But as in every other Thread and post you do, you completly twist the arguments of the others you way. WE DONT WANT TO WIN DESPERATLY and we are no bad players, and yes we win against premades from time to time too, its just that I see NO reason why it should be pug vs. 12 man.

And should we bet that enough QQ in the forums WILL change the game mode? Because hey, fun players are funding the game and are the majority of the player base. And even thugh mist of them dont read the forums, there are a lot of complaints here because of this. Will bet my account on a change here in due time.

Ahh, the Advovat of Unit play and "CW isnt for anyone". If I had to take a Bet who is responding first and in which way, i`d pick you. How many threads and posts do you have on this topic? 300? 400? The loud minority again.

Yes. In all game I played, and thats a lot. Yes the do work the same way, with some minor quirks.

I agree. But I can join a faction and still dont play in a unit. There is no tie between the two facts as you sugest. CW= Unit is not true, or otherwise it would be like in WoT where you cant`t play the world map unless you are in a clan. Fact.

Ahh, th blaming again. So if not every single player is willing to do the utmost to hold play thise mode, he does not deserve to play it? Elitist much? Players playing for FUN are not deserving to play it, because they dont study the meta, join a unit etc.?
Geh mit Gott aber geh mein Freund. You don´t get the point why most people play a GAME.

It would work. Then you cant´take EVERY Planet for your UNIT, because there are PUG planets,. You COULD still take them for your faction, can´t you? And split queue would work, just might take a little longer for you to find a match. No problem with me.

New match mode, Garage mode, new maps, different loadouts to fit the role. Pick one.

So, where is the problem then to wait a little longer for another premade? If the wait times are short, then waiting a little longer should not be a problem.

The time it takes to form a group and join TS is more than I dare spend a day on this game. You want to play with others, talk in TS and such stuff. Good for you. I dont - and MANY others (majority) dont want to too. Its a fact that only a minority is organized in clans and stuff, and I don´t mind losing a game, as long as it was fun to play.

You want a competition mode? Then make it premade vs premade and let the fun people pug it out - again, I see no reason why the queue should not be split up. Make one planet per Faction PUG only, and you can fight over the rest until eternity as far as I am concerned. I could not care less about Planets and Factions on the map.

What about the people who have put as much or more than you into this game who want a deeper, strategic, dynamic universe to play in? They should just 'shove off' because your entitled ego wants to be catered to in absolutely ever single aspect of this game?

The only one who is talking about his EGO is this. I am talking about wasted time. I dont have tome to get stomped and then just requeque and do it again.
I have NO problem with losing, just make it a fight.
And I still se no reason not to make 1 or 2 planets where only pugs can fight over. Might ruin your supermacy dreams, but hey. You could queue up solo and take it for your faction still.

Eighty billion and one. CW is for factions, you know those houses and clans everyone is sporting next to their pilot names, to try and take planets away from each other. Working together in organized groups just happens to be the very best way to achieve those goals. Dropping solo and expecting to beat better teams is just over entitled egos running rampant.

Factions is not equal units. To the billionth and one time. I mght like a FACTION but dislike the units. Jesus, so hard to graps?

Maybe it is or maybe it's time to try a strategy that actually works at taking planets away from others.

Wow. Who cares about planets when they play a game or two for fun??? You dont get it, do you?

Split queues in the Quick Play tab were created specifically to cater to people like you who don't like the idea of getting to know and working together with other human beings. You have an entire game mode dedicated to exactly what you want. And yet here you are, wanting to ruin the experience of a mode built with cooperating teams in mind.

Ahh, the I am better than you stuff again. The enitre GAME is made for people like me, or you would have the CW locked for units only- like in Wot and MANY other league games.
Its for people playing for fun, not for the elite - because there are way to few of you. You might rule the forums because normal people dont care. but overall, you are a minority.

There is already an entire game mode built specifically for what you have in mind. It's called Quick Play.

See above

How exactly do you build a mode of faction on faction warfare without including those players who care about factions enough to have created units that have existed for decades in real life? How do you explain to them that "nope, we'll have faction versus faction but you can't work together to do it because entitled PUGs don't like finding out that they aren't as good at team games as they think." How exactly would you prevent said units from sync-dropping in your faction v. faction system and completely wrecking PUG faces?

Real life? Lol?

Then let them syncdrop. Just does not work if the queue is half full anyway. And is a lot more work for the premades. Latency and stuff. And it would work, you could still fight over the panets with your other premade friends, if you are so hot about planets then let the premade count twice as much as the pug, hell let it count three times for the sake of the panet. I don´t care about the star map, I care about the fight.

Isn't it better to have a mode where players are encouraged to build and practice teamwork and cooperation? Even better, allow those solo players who understand what the system is to participate and fill in for teams who might not have complete rosters for every drop?

Reading the forum topics -no, does not seem so. When will ppl like you get the idea that some of us dont want to play in a "team" that needs even more work and time than the game consumes anyway. And PGI would not try to make you play this mode every odd month if they wont need to increase the nmber of players here.

Ah yes. The much ballyhooed "death of CW." It's still here, 11 months after being patched in and 10 and 1/2 months after the first forum threads were created predicting its death.

Have participation levels dropped since it was introduced? Certainly. How about participation levels in the Quick Play modes? Ever noticed that you see the same names, over and over again in one evening? Know what that means?

That the player base is thinning out, yes. And seeing the Queue numbers in CW, I would say it took a big hit from beta 1

I think so. Your point is that you don't know the first thing about CW and you can't be bothered to actually do something to get better at a team centered game?

Again, where do you read that I am a bad player or don´t know anything about CW? I do, I did and I decided to not take part in the organized play because thats for people with a lot of time on their hands.

Nope. Poor decision making on their part led to their negative experience.

You really like Victim balimg, do you?

You do realize that you are trying to blame others for your own poor decisions, right?

See above

Those "statistics" (which you failed to cite) are likely not relevant. Most F2P games are novel IP's or aimed at very short duration, casual players. Battletech is an IP with a very long history when it comes to video games. The sheer volume of related materials already generated from previous computer games, tabletop games, collectibles (mini's and cards), novels, toys, and even very, very bad cartoons has created a strong, core fan base. While the number of fans of this IP is dwarfed by something like Star Wars or Disney, the fervor and love the core fans have for Battletech is likely comparable.

And you think a hard playing core of players, who have ebough mechs, enough money and enough of everything so they dont need to spend money on this game can keep it alive? As you said - you don´t get new players to spend money on a game, it is short lived. You dont get them into the game playing "hard to learn and needing lots of time" or "this is not for you, you can drop solo queue all you want"

Someone who just spent this post explaining how completely uninterested in being competitive they are is not likely to be a good source on deciding whether CW is a waste of time.

And building a mode just for competitive players is a waste of time for the developer - niche game modes don´t bring the money

Why? Those players who are actually interested in the mode (factions taking planets from factions) will simply drop onto your precious PUG planet and instantly work together with whoever is on their team to club you some more.

You do see that this would happen ON BOTH sides of the team, yes? Contradicts your point

Why do you think you have the right to demand restrictions in how I play the game? I regularly drop as a solo and have fun as well as enjoying my time working with my teammates.

And how do you dare? You seem like a bit full of yourself

You sound like a creationist predicting the imminent demise of evolutionary theory, over and over again for the last 150 years.

Go google global warmth, demographic evolution and predicted industrial growth rates. Chances are, we wont last forever. And 150 years in evelution means nothing, but you missed that in school, did you?

You're welcome?

You are welcome too, maybe your are a bit more thoughtfull now.

You see, I don´t want to take awayyou precious "not so competetive but competitive for me" game mode. Just make it playable and more enjoyable for the rest (majority) of the players. YOu care about "real life" mechwarrior units, can name the every planet on the star map and know in which year which succesion war broke out. Nice, but you and your kind are the minority, most of the people play this game because of big stompy robots and dont care about the lore - and the steam players will add to that. So, casual > core in numbers and revenue.

Just sayin - or why do you think the maste/elite mechs get nerfed?

#10 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:36 AM

View PostSoldatushka, on 28 November 2015 - 04:27 AM, said:

Except you aren't really ruining the experience for the organized team. You are just ruining it for your fellow PUGs.

And you can be darn certain that if I'm in the drop on either side, I will report you.

#11 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:39 AM

View PostSoldatushka, on 28 November 2015 - 04:01 AM, said:

If you are solo only rambo why play in the Group/Unit focused part of the game?

Why break the Code of Conduct in quitting the game when you see a pre-made, in the part of the game primarily designed for them?!? Your getting reported for that ****.

Is seeing a pre-made 1% of the time, or less, that scary to you playing by yourself you have to quit and screw everyone on your team over?

You are not some special snowflake. Your swimming in the same **** bowl as everyone else.

#12 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:43 AM

Show us in the CoC where it says that.

We will wait....

Either stay out of CW if you are unable to play it as designed and accept that or play it as YOU want and get reported and then not be allowed to play by your own actions.

Your call.

#13 vocifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 284 posts
  • LocationMordor borderlands

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:44 AM

O_o wut? That's why I don't like pugging these days. Because my game will depend on such ragequit f****s like you.

I'm so lucky for not choosing a Steiner when I first started to play CW. Feels like there are no teams to carry on their side. It could be such a bad experience...

#14 Soldatushka

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:45 AM

CW gives a little bit different game expirience, which is great. But whats a reason to suffer humiliation 15 minutes or so, its just waste of time. Unites are welcome. But against each other, which will be much fair.

#15 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:48 AM

View PostKrellshand, on 28 November 2015 - 04:30 AM, said:

Go google global warmth, demographic evolution and predicted industrial growth rates. Chances are, we wont last forever. And 150 years in evelution means nothing, but you missed that in school, did you?

To be fair, depending on where you live here in the States, depends on what you are taught. If you are below the bible belt here, Read: The South, you are not taught Evolution in most schools, only creationism. Some locations it is ILLEGAL to talk of Evolution as a scientific premise. Just like how Republicans have made it ILLEGAL to have made the connection that Global Warming is man made.

How can you intelligently talk to people who actually think and believe that the Flintstones are historically accurate representation of human history?

#16 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:53 AM

View PostSoldatushka, on 28 November 2015 - 04:45 AM, said:

CW gives a little bit different game expirience, which is great. But whats a reason to suffer humiliation 15 minutes or so, its just waste of time. Unites are welcome. But against each other, which will be much fair.

Yea, since that is what is was made for, Groups and Units and NOT solo rambos.

You want to play solo rambo, play solo queue.

If you want to rage quit when you face a team, stay out of CW and Group queues or face the consequences of your actions.

#17 vocifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 284 posts
  • LocationMordor borderlands

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:06 AM

View PostSoldatushka, on 28 November 2015 - 04:45 AM, said:

To get some LP? To get some experience on enemy's strategy? To share "suffring" between your teammates.

#18 Soldatushka

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:13 AM

Usually i stay far from CW and i will stay because of these problems. But this event is too attractive. . It seems like a game mode for 10% of chosen ones. Rest plyes must NOT even touch it. There are no roblems, guys, they will not touch.

#19 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:23 AM

Jeez. It's ok to hate CW but don't play and quit. One mech down hurts the team considerably. Hey, I get frustrated too with CW and the competitive teams stomping me over and over with PUGs and even some of us 12 man teams. It happens. I go down fighting even if they camp the spawn and don't complain. I'm back into CW again for the challenge and fighting some of the best. They won't split up CW queues and rightfully so Not enough players in the game to even do this.

#20 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:10 AM

View PostKrellshand, on 28 November 2015 - 04:30 AM, said:

Seriously? The total number of posts, of any sort, is listed right under my badge. It's less than 100, total.

No they don't "all work the same way." I know this for a fact because my unit doesn't work that way.

I never said CW = unit. I said CW = factions taking planets from factions. Those are not the same thing and every time you try to imply I said the first when I actually said the second you are blatantly lying.

Ahh, th blaming again. So if not every single player is willing to do the utmost to hold play thise mode, he does not deserve to play it? Elitist much?

Not what I said at all. You just can't stop lying can you? The point of CW, what it was explicitly designed to be, was an opportunity for players to recreate the story of the Succession Wars and Clan Invasion on a galactic scale. That story was to unfold in the ebb and flow of factions taking planets from one another.

In our role as mechwarriors, we would fight one another to wrest control of planets from each other's factions. We would in essence all work together as a community to create a new, dynamic story that would continue to unfold over months of real time. In order for players to be invested in the story we help create the outcomes of planet invasions have to pit any member of a faction willing to fight against any memb r of the opponent faction willing to do the same.

Your split queue idea (it's not really your idea as it has appeared in these forums dozens and dozens of times) would destroy many players investment in the story because a planet's fate might be decided by players from one faction who refused to face the very best opposition their enemy could put up. That would destroy the real, intended CW far faster than your claimed exodus of PUGs due to "stomps."

BTW: The claim that PUGs leaving CW would lead to its collapse has not happened despite numerous pseudo-experts claiming it will. There are still PUGs dropping in CW everyday.

Players playing for FUN are not deserving to play it, because they dont study the meta, join a unit etc.?

Players who use/create meta and join units in order to help their faction win planets aren't having FUN?

Horsefeathers. I've participated in, coached and officiated inter-scholastic sports at all levels including state championships. Players who don't enjoy the hard work and dedication it takes to be competitive at their chosen "game" don't actually stay on teams for very long.

I'd say you don't know the first thing about the psychology of sport/game.

It would work. Then you cant´take EVERY Planet for your UNIT, because there are PUG planets,. You COULD still take them for your faction, can´t you?

Players interested in CW's ultimate purpose would drop their unit tags in order to take the PUG planets for their faction. If PGI implemented some sort of unit tag cool down, then players would just use PUG alt accounts to take those planets. You would be facing the exact same pilots in the exact same groups you see now.

And split queue would work, just might take a little longer for you to find a match. No problem with me.

It most certainly would not be fine by you. You would be stomped just as hard and just as often as you are now.

I notice that factions didn't make your list either. You're right. CW was not created for you.

The wait times are short because the matchmaker can assemble an opponent team out of any number of combinations of solo and small groups.

You are still avoiding the problem of immersion. If a faction can take a planet without actually defeating the opposing faction's pilots, then what the heck is the point of even having a map, factions, or units?

It seems you very much do mind losing. But, you simply refuse to acknowledge that your choices dictate the outcomes of those losses. That combined with your ego finding out that you aren't nearly as good at this team shooter as you think has caused you to try and place blame on others.

In psychology it's referred to as an external locus of control. That type of mindset is one of the most difficult obstacles to overcome when trying to teach someone something new.

You want a competition mode?

I and most of the original founders want a galactic conflict story whose outcome is dictated by the combined actions of thousands of players working together and competing to drive the narrative in opposing directions.

For competitive mode we already have group queue and several different leagues using the private lobby function.

Then make it premade vs premade and let the fun people pug it out - again,

Hey ego trip! Your weaksauce, blame-others-for-their-own-lack-of-skill brethren do not have a monopoly on fun.

I see no reason why the queue should not be split up.

That's because you don't seem to know the first thing about CW, Battletech lore, or even basic human psychology.

Make one planet per Faction PUG only, and you can fight over the rest until eternity as far as I am concerned. I could not care less about Planets and Factions on the map.

Why are you spilling all this salt in a CW forum thread when you flat out admit that you don't care about CW?

I've changed my mind. While I want most CW PUGs to stay and improve their teamwork skills, I just want you to leave.

But as in every other Thread and post you do, you completly twist the arguments of the others you way. WE DONT WANT TO WIN DESPERATLY

Yes you do. It's as plain as the LRM's on your mechs.

and we are no bad players,

At this team-oriented mode in this team-oriented game? Yes, yes you are bad.

and yes we win against premades from time to time too, its just that I see NO reason why it should be pug vs. 12 man.

Because you don't actually care about the CW part of CW.

And should we bet that enough QQ in the forums WILL change the game mode? Because hey, fun players are funding the game and are the majority of the player base.

Every time I see you type the word fun, my mind just starts to switch it out for scrub,

And even thugh mist of them dont read the forums, there are a lot of complaints here because of this. Will bet my account on a change here in due time.

Not likely. What you will likely see is the inclusion of aspects of CW mode into the Quick Play mode, which I'm perfectly fine with.

The only one who is talking about his EGO is this. I am talking about wasted time. I dont have tome to get stomped and then just requeque and do it again.

You just described your own ego being bruised.

I have NO problem with losing, just make it a fight.

You have access to all the same resources as the unit players. You just choose not to use many of them. That's not our fault. It's yours. Stop looking to others to place blame and stop looking to others to fix it for you. You created the situation, you fix it.

And I still se no reason not to make 1 or 2 planets where only pugs can fight over. Might ruin your supermacy dreams, but hey. You could queue up solo and take it for your faction still.

Exactly. And then we'd be in for another round of you crying tears to PGI to ban unit players from dropping on the PUG planets.

Factions is not equal units. To the billionth and one time. I mght like a FACTION but dislike the units. Jesus, so hard to grasp?

Considering you just stated that you "could care less" (sic) about factions and planets you'll excuse me for being confused.

Wow. Who cares about planets when they play a game or two for fun??? You dont get it, do you?

If they don't care about planets why are they in CW?

And if they just play for fun, why do they care if they lose?

Ahh, the I am better than you stuff again. The enitre GAME is made for people like me, or you would have the CW locked for units only- like in Wot and MANY other league games.

It very nearly was. But, enough players wanted the option to solo drop in it and the small player pool made PUGs necessary to fill out incomplete teams.

The majority of PUGs I drop with get this. They know that queuing up in defense is likely to pit them against a team with many if not most of their opponents working together in a teamspeak. Guess what! We still manage to have fun anyway! Knowing why a team is really outmatched allows you the freedom to find fun in other aspects of the game. The only thing that ruins it is when someone like you drops with us and spends the whole match sulking and trying to place blame on everyone else.

Its for people playing for fun, not for the elite - because there are way to few of you.

In no way, shape or form am I an elite pilot. I just love the notion of immersing myself in a grand story and in some small way contributing to its narrative.

You might rule the forums because normal people dont care. but overall, you are a minority.

See above

Real life? Lol?

Yes, real life. The unit I joined in February was first created in the late 90's for PvP with Mechwarrior 2, I think.

Then let them syncdrop. Just does not work if the queue is half full anyway. And is a lot more work for the premades.

And every single time you get your face pushed in by a group sync-dropping you will cry to the heavens for PGI to ban them, just like you are now.

Latency and stuff. And it would work, you could still fight over the panets with your other premade friends, if you are so hot about planets then let the premade count twice as much as the pug, hell let it count three times for the sake of the panet. I don´t care about the star map, I care about the fight.

Then go play Quick Play. And leave the portion of the game created for people who do care about the star map alone.

Reading the forum topics -no, does not seem so. When will ppl like you get the idea that some of us dont want to play in a "team" that needs even more work and time than the game consumes anyway.

And when will people like you get it through your thick head that those people who "work" at getting better at this game will always stomp those who don't.

And PGI would not try to make you play this mode every odd month if they wont need to increase the nmber of players here.

Seem to recall that every event except two included a Quick Play portion. And there have been several events that didn't include any CW aspect at all.

That the player base is thinning out, yes. And seeing the Queue numbers in CW, I would say it took a big hit from beta 1

Yep. CW is nowhere near the all immersive story needed to keep players stimulated for long periods of time. However, they know that the long term existence of the game is reliant on the player base becoming invested in the story aspect of the game. The longest lived online video games tend to have very immersive world's that allow players to in someway shape the story (MMO's).

Again, where do you read that I am a bad player or don´t know anything about CW? I do, I did and I decided to not take part in the organized play because thats for people with a lot of time on their hands.

You're a bad team player because you flat out told me you refuse to work with a team. You don't know anything about CW because you don't seem to know why solos are allowed in the queues or that the map and planet taking mechanics were planned for long before the idea of dropdecks came along.

You really like Victim balimg, do you?

You really like insulting actual victims by comparing your losing at a video game to people being physically or mentally abused?

See above

And you think a hard playing core of players, who have ebough mechs, enough money and enough of everything so they dont need to spend money on this game can keep it alive?

No. But, an immersive story with players invested in the twists and turns because their actions drive the story is likely to last much longer than "another arena shooter, this time with gundam."

As you said - you don´t get new players to spend money on a game, it is short lived. You dont get them into the game playing "hard to learn and needing lots of time" or "this is not for you, you can drop solo queue all you want.

And your plan of one more mode with no connection to a deeper story or goals is going to get people to stick out the steep learning curve? Oh, and who is more likely to help a new player learn all complicated the ropes of the game? Some random pilot they see one time for at maximum thirty minutes or someone they get to know personally and who they converse with on a regular basis?

And building a mode just for competitive players is a waste of time for the developer - niche game modes don´t bring the money

Which is why they are trying to build an immersive game mode to get players invested in long term goals.

You do see that this would happen ON BOTH sides of the team, yes? Contradicts your point

Actually it proves my point. Your split queue would end up exactly the same as we have now. People working in teams stomping randoms who refuse to or don't know how to team up.

And how do you dare? You seem like a bit full of yourself

Says the guy who knows everything there is to know about game development, competitive online gaming groups, who really is having fun . . .

No. I didn't miss it in school. I teach it everday. I really think the cultural differences led you to misunderstand my statements here. I'm saying the death of CW due to PUG stomps hasn't happened despite critics like you claiming it will. You guys keep saying it will happen and it just keeps not happening,

The evolution and creationist part was an analogy that may not make sense to you because your nation's educational system hasn't had to go through all the legal fights over evolution like the US. Trust me, you're the better for it.

You are welcome too, maybe your are a bit more thoughtfull now.

Sorry. Cultural gap again. I was trying to crack a joke here. Don't worry about it.

You see, I don´t want to take awayyou precious "not so competetive but competitive for me" game mode. Just make it playable and more enjoyable for the rest (majority) of the players

The problem is that a split queue does in fact take away the game mode from me and the other players that want CW to be so much more. You seem to want it to be less.

. YOu care about "real life" mechwarrior units, can name the every planet on the star map and know in which year which succesion war broke out.

Nope. I played the original tabletop game, the first video games (Crescent Hawk's Revenge and Inception), and read most of the early novels. Then I drifted away from the IP in the late 90's just as the Mechwarrior series of computer games took off. I only came back to the IP last summer when I happened to come across someone playing MWO on Twitch.

Nice, but you and your kind are the minority, most of the people play this game because of big stompy robots and dont care about the lore - and the steam players will add to that. So, casual > core in numbers and revenue.

And without an immersive, fully realized world for them to become invested in, most will quickly disappear like so many other random players have done over the last few years.

Just sayin - or why do you think the maste/elite mechs get nerfed?

There are several reasons for the agility and heat nerfs being implemented. And yes, one of them is to decrease the divide in mech abilities between basic and mastered mechs. There are several other factors involved as well. The nerf will open up agility as an additional dimension for quirking mechs to hopefully achieve a modicum of balance. The decks are also hoping that it will increase TTK but I have my doubts about that likelihood.

In the end, I get where you are coming from as a casual, occasional player. I'm just sick and tired of seeing the same ridiculous proposed solution for CW (split queues) trotted out yet again by someone who admittedly doesn't really care about the core concept of CW in the first place. Your idea isn't a fix. It's a dismantling. And it won't produce the outcome that you think it will.

As to the "blaming the victim" charges, you seriously need to stop with that. I'm not sure if there is some loss in context in translation but your repeated accusations are incredibly offensive. They are not offensive to me personally, but I know of friends and family that have had to suffer through tragedies which were further compounded by others blaming them. Your equating "losing at a video game" with their level of suffering and pain is just deeply, deeply wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users