7 replies to this topic

#1 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:55 AM

Hi guys,

I've been playing CW for as long as it came out.
Some times I do a long hiatus due to boredom but this challenge made me go back and I noticed a trend here.

I've seen too many people defending a planet and not having enough people attacking.
Some examples for the sake of it:

Davion being attacked by Clanners or IS Planets:
Planet 1 - 30 attackers / 48 defenders
Planet 2 - 90 attackers / 99+ defenders
Planet 3 - 38 attackers / 50 defenders

Planets being attacked by Davion against Clanners or IS:
Planet 1 - 0/0
Planet 2 - 0/0
Planet 3 - 0/0

Unless people don't know, a drop can only be formed by a multiple of 12.
So the enemy on Planets has the following drop units ready compared to defenders:
Planet 1 - 2 vs 4
Planet 2 - 7 vs 8+
Planet 3 - 3 vs 4

Now, why does this need to happen?

Don't people realize that when having too many drops ready to go will have to wait longer times for a match and will do the same to other teams?

Explain to me why wouldn't we take the fight back to the enemy instead of just hanging back in the ropes waiting for them to attack?
It's not like we are leaving the planets defenseless. We leave the necessary teams on defending the and others migrate to attack, forcing the enemy to split between queues, and therefore weakening their strength.

Please, kindly explain to me this kind of mentality versus the one I presented, because I'm stunned by the current one.

Edit - As if this wasn't enough, people are still not reading chat instructions and rely on voip when we have a Davion specific TeamSpeak free server for all Davions who want to group and attack / defend. Why wouldn't people just join the TS server when in a drop?

Edited by FlipOver, 28 November 2015 - 10:57 AM.

#2 groves226

• PipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 11:32 AM

Balancing on CW is terrible. Matches are made just to get them made instead of matching up skill levels. Dropping 12 lone players against multiple 10-12 player teams is just fodder.

#3 Fractis Zero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 102 posts
  • LocationNorth Vancouver, Canada

Posted 28 November 2015 - 11:43 AM

Some of it has to do with active Davion units and players. The defend queues can be large just from other Inner Sphere faction players.

I would suggest creating a unit of Davion Loyalists and start attacking planets.

#4 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:01 PM

People are dumb. </thread>

#5 grraystorm

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Ironhold

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:00 PM

View Postgroves226, on 28 November 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

Balancing on CW is terrible. Matches are made just to get them made instead of matching up skill levels. Dropping 12 lone players against multiple 10-12 player teams is just fodder.

Normally I would agree 100%.... but on a tournament weekend you really see the dynamics flip flop. A group of 12 lonewolf players can easily take down a 10-12 man team... if they actually work together. I've actually had it happen twice today alone. However to Flipover's point, it does seem that there are some "lazy" factions out there that just want to sit back and watch, that is until one of the 12 man groups jump ship to the next faction.

#6 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:40 AM

Normally in the IS you see defence against the clans. For other factio s we can only defend on these worlds. Couple that with the difficulty of sustaining enthusiasm for an attack when no one is defending and you have people queuing up where they can be garanteed to get a fight.

#7 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 03 December 2015 - 03:09 AM

Because the maps and mode mechanics are so imbalanced, defending is usually easier than attacking.

#8 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:54 AM

• House Davion usually has at least 1-2 groups dropping on attack, at least in the EU ceasefire. I'm not sure what timezone you play in, but if you get on in NA midday/afternoon, you'll find plenty of pilots attacking. A lot of good pilots and good guys to drop with in TS. o7 House Davion!

Edited by ccrider, 03 December 2015 - 08:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users