Fps Drop On Frozen City

4 replies to this topic

#1 no1337

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:30 PM

Dear PGI,

I bought a new pc (i7 4970, Radeon 290, 16GB Ram) in order to play on high FPS. But theres still something which dropps my FPS down to the half including a huge latency of ~500 ms (not ping). Normally i run at 85 to 75. But on Frozen City near the dropship the rate goes down to 25-35. This in particular when 2x zoom is active. I guess there simply too much smoke. Even reducing the smoke in the graphics settings doesn't help much.

after fight:Posted Image

Testing grounds:
Posted Image
Can you guys please fix it by reducing the smoke near the dropship? Btw, this is a general problem, too much smoke at one, PLUS zoom = total lag. Withut zoom, playable.

Cheers
NL

Edited by no1337, 28 November 2015 - 09:39 PM.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:59 PM

Send in a ticket for support, but for the player feedback, post your game settings and AMD GPU settings.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 28 November 2015 - 09:59 PM.

#3 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:29 AM

That seems a bit backwards. When I zoom in, I get noticeably better framerate, by as much as 15-20 frames. It's because zooming in reduces your FoV and your computer doesn't have to render as much ... 'stuff'. So if you're getting lower framerate by zooming in, then you're either missing something, or something weird is going on.

#4 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:39 PM

there is nothing you can do. its bad optimization. use msi AF and check the gpu and cpu usage. on my i5-3470, R9-290 the game refuses to use more than 50% of my GPU. The FPS is all over the place from 30 to 60 (i have it capped) and the GPU never EVER goes above 50%, CPU cores are fine i guess from 40% to 70% depending. Its been like since the first day of closed beta and i dont see them fixing it soon so dont get your hopes up.

#5 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:01 PM

Every single map in the game has areas where you look and your FPS suddenly takes a nose dive. It doesn't have to do with smoke in particular, though that does make it worse. This happens both with and without zoom. It's been like this forever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users