Effectiveness Of Artemis And Srms

6 replies to this topic

#1 Chryckan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 301 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:58 AM

Can someone tell me which of these are most effective in terms of damage delivered to the target..

Assuming an identical firing situation;

A SRM barrage of 16 missiles with Artemis
OR
A SRM barrage of 20 missiles without Artemis.

#2 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 29 November 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostChryckan, on 29 November 2015 - 02:58 AM, said:

Can someone tell me which of these are most effective in terms of damage delivered to the target..

Assuming an identical firing situation;

A SRM barrage of 16 missiles with Artemis
OR
A SRM barrage of 20 missiles without Artemis.

Well, depends.

IS SRMs are tighter spread than Clans.

IS SRM 2 and 4 dont really need Artemis...though it helps.

Clan Needs Artemis specially for the SRM6. IMO Clan ASRM4 are good. Warhawks and Summoners have small spread quirks that help.

Brawlhawk with 4ASRM6, LBX20, 2MPL is brutal.

Summoner with 5ASRM4 or 6 is good but the 5SRM6 without Artemis has to be used under 150m.

Edit:
Balance pass upcoming Tuesday will change this, its in the notes. If i recall, Artemis reduces spread @33% so think of that with the new numbers. Velocity buff should be very nice.

Edited by InspectorG, 29 November 2015 - 04:00 PM.

#3 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:39 AM

Srms with Artemis will be brutal after tomorrow! They will be tighter on top of tighter, and way faster! And the heat cap raised, meaning you can fire 4 srms with no ghost heat!

#4 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:10 PM

Yeah, the situation as far as Artemis might change already tomorrow, as the new patch will tighten the grouping of all SRM's. The conventional wisdom has been that SRM6's (which spread more than SRM4's or 2's) aren't too good without Artemis, as the spread is too much to effectively knock out individual components, or even to keep the missiles on the torso from anything but really short range.

I'm interested to see whether non-Artemis SRM6's might become useful tomorrow, going to try running them on Wolverines.

I tried a 3xASRM6 Shadow Hawk on the test server when tomorrow's changes were live there, and it was pretty brutal. Or rather, it would've been if I knew how to aim the damn things. :ph34r:

#5 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:44 PM

After tomorrow, Artemis is still better, but not as NECESSARY as it was before. If you're IS, and running with either quirks or SRM-4's and below, Artemis is a waste of tonnage. If you're Clan and running 6's? Sure. You'll need it.

#6 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:20 AM

It really depends how you play with your SRMs. If they are your primary weapon and you take shots that are near max range then artemis is completely worth it.

#7 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:27 PM

Can confirm that IS SRM6 is viable without artemis, though it does help. The question is though if the extra tonnage for ammo is actually going to be used. If in an average game you would miss with 100 SRMs per launcher, then artemis is worth it. This, or if you engage enemies with SRMs between 200-270m, where spread actually hurts.

For clans, though, the ASRM4 has pretty much the same spread as the IS SRM6 without Artemis. You might as well go ASRM where you can, because a clan ASRM is still 0.5 tons lighter than an IS SRM. That, and your SRMs actually do less damage than an IS SRM, so you have to make every missile count.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users