3 replies to this topic

#1 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:35 AM

This suggestion is based on having a hardcore mode that includes salvage.

The pilot would be able to put points into their Mechanic. The Mechanic would have influence both on and off the battlefield. The pilot would be able to improve the Mechanic in the following areas.

Salvage: The higher the mechanic skill the higher the chance to salvage equipment at the end of a winning match (sorry, losers don't get salvage). Lower levels will salvage armor and ammo. Higher levels will be able to salvage equipment.

Rigging: The ability to turn one item into another item of similar type. The higher the skill the higher the chance of success of turning one item into another similar item. For instance, the ability to change an AC2 into an AC5 or a Clan UAC-5 into an IS UAC-5. Or change one module into another module. Failure will destroy the item.

Tinkering: The ability to add a quirk. The higher the skill the higher the ability to add or improve a quirk. NOTE: The changes would be small (plus/minus 5%) Failure will destroy the item.

Repair: The higher the skill the better the repairs after battle. Also, if removed from battle for 30 seconds will be able to receive field repairs.

Research: Ability to mount IS weapons on Clan or vice versa. At the highest level the ability to rebuild a clan mech as IS and vice versa and mount either tech.

The first 4 are more viable than the last. But gosh, would love a hardcore mode with salvage.

#2 Vegalas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 136 posts
  • LocationAt the screen. On my seat too.

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:08 AM

I like your ideas so I'll let you read some of my own. Obviously your introducing the idea of having selectable personnel in the garage. This isn't exactly a new idea since there's an old topic with a nice photoshopped image in it: http://mwomercs.com/...93#entry4328093

So here's my idea. If these skills are introduced in the game, they should be part of a pilot skill tree and referred to as a pilots mechanical skills. You can select your pilot from a range of different options varying from light to assault specialized experts. Clan mech pilots would be separated from IS pilots and Clan mech pilots would have less bonuses. I don't think clanners should have quirk bonuses at all for example. Of course these pilots use the same alias in a battle, which is your account name. This would add a nice RPG-like twist to the game. B) And of course R&R should be limited to CW.

EDIT: Converting a weapon to another should also be dependent on how many of your pilots have certain mechanical skills since they will probably do the tinkering themselves. I also read your topic a little more and came to the conclusion that "Research" goes against what the game currently is but I'm not stating that it won't work, especially, if the idea would be developed a little more. It just seems like a long workaround though.

Edited by Vegalas, 29 November 2015 - 12:31 PM.

#3 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:32 PM

Like the ideas in your post. One that caught my attention is de-learning skills. PGI needs MC sinks so why not sell respecs?

#4 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:45 AM

I generally like the idea of developing a character within MWO, be it pilot, support personnel, or someone else. Battletech always featured a role play element, and I wish PGI recognized that from the start.. But they, sadly, did not.

Now, all we can hope is they make a skill tree that is actually a "Character tree".

Yes, PGI, please, rework the skill tree.. after today's patch, I see no point in really having one..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users