16 replies to this topic

#1 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 November 2015 - 03:46 PM

While the Grid Iron can currently spit out a Gauss round every 2 seconds, and that is perhaps a bit too fast, combining its lowered quirk and the new global gauss cooldown, brings its new rate of fire to 3.85s.

This change is felt even more on mechs like the Dragon Slayer, Protector, and others. These mechs are barely viable now, and without significant compensation they are getting a big nerf with the PTS4 changes.

Honestly, IS Gauss should remain at 4 sec rate of fire, and the Clan Gauss should be bumped to the 5.5 sec rate of fire. The IS is already paying an extra 3 tons to carry Gauss, we should get some kind of bonus for all that extra weight.

Edited by Adamski, 29 November 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#2 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:12 AM

Hm... no.
CERPPC is also extremely not viable to a point where mechs built around it (Adder, 4xCERPPC Warhawk) eat dirt. PPC is very iconic weapon yet its Clan version is terrible. Who cares? Noone, really. Gauss might fall into the same category. Keep in mind, many Mechs were already made useless without any compensation.

#3 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 783 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:34 AM

New cry topic about needing OP mech

#4 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:22 AM

Nothing that could kill an artic cheater shall survive.

To be frank, the game balance is horrible now. It is far worse than ever before and the new balance pass does not seems to address the core issue...the artic cheater.

#5 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,982 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:23 AM

View PostAdamski, on 29 November 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

While the Grid Iron can currently spit out a Gauss round every 2 seconds, and that is perhaps a bit too fast, combining its lowered quirk and the new global gauss cooldown, brings its new rate of fire to 3.85s.

This change is felt even more on mechs like the Dragon Slayer, Protector, and others. These mechs are barely viable now, and without significant compensation they are getting a big nerf with the PTS4 changes.

Honestly, IS Gauss should remain at 4 sec rate of fire, and the Clan Gauss should be bumped to the 5.5 sec rate of fire. The IS is already paying an extra 3 tons to carry Gauss, we should get some kind of bonus for all that extra weight.

Other mechs have it even worse. Play a Huginn and you laugh your ass off. It is dead
in the water.

#6 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:29 AM

Huggin..i have killed a few artic cheaters in a huggin....i guess it has to go.

#7 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,982 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostMechregSurn, on 30 November 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

Huggin..i have killed a few artic cheaters in a huggin....i guess it has to go.

Same here. I think you may be right. No one is allowed to kill the light overlord ACH ;)

#8 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 783 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:37 AM

View PostMechregSurn, on 30 November 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

issue...the artic cheater.

TRUE

#9 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:13 PM

I thought they'd remove it's leg sturcture bonuses. Isn't that enough?

And no, no mech has to rely on Gauss to be viable. That's kinda the point.

#10 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:41 PM

I don't think you quite understand the purpose of a nerf..

#11 Adamski

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:05 PM

View PostBush Hopper, on 30 November 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

Other mechs have it even worse. Play a Huginn and you laugh your ass off. It is dead
in the water.

The Huginn is losing some of its insane SRM cooldown, but its gaining from the SRM spread buff and the SRM velocity buff. In addition it is also gaining lots of structure quirks.

The Dragon Slayer and the Protector are already Tier 3, and they are not receiving any compensation for their nerf.

#12 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:12 PM

I would rather they had taken a point of damage of gauss than up the refire rate and oh ya, add auto fire after charge up.

Its about pinpoint damage. Almost everyone agrees. Refire rate doesn't really fix the problem and threatens to make it even more difficult for legit players to use the gauss.

#13 SkippyT72

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:14 PM

All the IS mechs got structure quirks in addition to keeping most of thier weapons quirks, they clan mechs all lost quirks you there are folks on here still claiming all the "Clans are OP" and give the IS even more, sure the Clan LRM's are already slower then the IS for coold down, and now you want even more of a advantage with IS gauss, some of you folks don't want balance, you just want to play stupid and still take enough damage to win against folks just because your running IS tech, that's as bad as some folks thinking just because it's clan tech that they should not take damage either, how about some true balance instead of the constant "NERF" clubs on the forums.

#14 Adamski

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:22 PM

Yes, when the IS pays more tonnage for an item / weapon, I expect it to be better.

IS Gauss weighs 3 tons more, yet has the exact same stats as Clan Gauss, and any mech with Gauss quirks is getting those nerfed or left the same. This means that the 37.5% cooldown nerf that IS Gauss is receiving is going to have widespread repurcussions on many mechs that are already subpar.

The only IS mech that is deserving of a Gauss nerf is the Grid-Iron, which is being nerfed from 50% cooldown to 30% cooldown. But combined with the global Gauss change, its going from a 50% cooldown to a 4.75% cooldown (2s cooldown + 1s charge, to 3.85s cooldown + 1s charge). That is a HUGE nerf, on a mech that maybe deserved an incremental nerf.

#15 Adamski

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:37 PM

I will make it more clear, the new Grid Iron has the same sustained DPS as a 2x ERPPC Nova.

Except the Grid Iron cannot jump, and is limited by ammo and has a smaller pinpoint alpha, and less optimal range.

Edited by Adamski, 30 November 2015 - 07:13 PM.

#16 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:15 PM

Clangirls don't care about the facts. They just want to be OP.
1/3 of the artic cheaters legs do not register hits as they don't even have hitboxes near the entire foot...except dead center. The entire mech doesn't take damage and it has a 42 point alpha...about the same as the to-be-nerfed Thunderbolt 5ss.
To be frank, I would much prefer to throw profanity and insults at this point. But, no one forces me to play this game...so I accept my frustration is with myself for putting up with this.

Edited by MechregSurn, 30 November 2015 - 08:18 PM.

#17 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:57 PM

I am a Clanner and believe we needed some nerfs but I personally think they have gone the wrong way about it.

I personally would have set the range of ersmalls to 30 meters above IS smalls with an extra 1 point of damage. Ermids, extra 60 meters range with 1 point of extra damage and keep the cycle going up. Keep the longer burn times and longer recharge and extra heat generation as a trade off for the extra's we do get.

I would normalize the XL engines so no death on loss of 1 torso for both sides and negs when you do lose a torso. It seems they are picky and choosy about which lore they use and ones that just dont work they discard. News flash PGI, this is one of the biggest imbalances in the game and needs to be addressed.

I dont want clans to be OP and there needs to be balance to stop the whiners but from what I constantly see in this game is a lot of nerfs to the clans and no real balance achieved which is the biggest shame. Has logic died in PGI, is there no one listening to the people who play the game the most? I have seen volumes of topics in this forum on how to balance things but it seems PGI doesnt want to take the hard road and just run with easy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users