Problem With Settings

7 replies to this topic

#1 MaddockGlint

Rookie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:45 AM

Hey guys, new to the game and I like what i'm playing so far. But I got a problem already that I noticed right away. It seems my settings ar locked to low no matter what i chage toe settings to. This is after multiple restarts and nothing changes, still super low quailty models, horrible shadding, and massive amounts of jaggies.

I run a gtx 970, amd 8350, and 8g ram. I've looked up how to fix this problem for the past few hours and everything links to older posts that don't seem to be relivant to what i'm trying to fix as they talk about files that are not in my directory. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:30 AM

here is how you change settings, this definitely works on the current version.

login to the game
click on the settings cog icon bottom right
go to the video tab
choose desired basic settings,
click on advanced options
choose desired advanced settings
click save

if your settings have not saved all I can suggest is first exit MWO, launch the patcher and run the repair tool, click on the cog icon on the patcher to access it. if that does not work send an email to technical@mwomercs.com explaining the issue

#3 MaddockGlint

Rookie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:59 AM

Rogue Jedi, First, Thank you for replying so soon. Second, I have done the saving of settings the first time i tried changing settings and every time after that I tried to fix this. The graphics don't change. I went and tried the repair tool and that ended up changing nothing. I would really like to hear from someone that has had this experience before and fixed it or at least be informed of another route i can take to resolving my problem as my past experience with trying to contact devs on these sort of problems has been the standard silence followed by an automatic reply of "please visit our forums for any questions you have" reply. But I will try contacting them all the same.

Edited by MaddockGlint, 30 November 2015 - 06:05 AM.

#4 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:08 AM

Not sure why settings aren't changing for you.

Some of the changes between settings can be more subtle than others. here is a useful youtube video for a tutorial on video settings.

Edited by LadyDanams, 30 November 2015 - 08:13 AM.

#5 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:05 AM

To piggyback on this as a 'support' type thread... friend of mine has been trying very patiently for two weeks to install MWO.

He's spent a lot of time with pretty helpful tech's on support but so far no luck. He'd make a great pilot, he's grown up with tabletop and loves the Lore so hate to lose him. Just wanted to know if anyone else has hit something like this (there's really not much out there on the Web he's finding). Basically he has worked past a number of issues, now he's down to an error after every re-install attempt like "patch files not compatible" I know it's a long shot but thought I'd ask for him while he gets back with tech support to see if there's some grass roots solution you guys know to try.

#6 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

first a few basic questions,

has he tried the repair tool, to access it open the patcher and click on the cog icon

what is the Operating System, e.g. Windows 7, or Windows 10?
32bit or 64bit?
If he is trying to install on a PC with a non Windows based operating system? if so that will not work as MWO is specifically designed for Windows

if Windows 8 or 10 has he installed Directx 9, when he tries it will say a more recent version is already installed, install it anyway, do the same with the visual C++ redistirbutable

MWO will be released on Steam on the 10th of December so it may be worth trying again through Steam then

#7 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:15 PM

I forgot about the direct x and C++ things... I've run those on several PC's to solve a variety of problems with several games and MMO's I play. I'll have him update those on his rig tonight too (I do believe the Tech had him run the repair tool already).

I'll grab the rest of his config too.

Meanwhile, it sucks that it's still over a week away, but I agree that the Steam install may be a clean way to overcome all his issues as you mentioned.

Thanks, and we'll keep banging at it and get him in-game.

Edited by Morggo, 30 November 2015 - 12:16 PM.

#8 Maelstrum

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:25 PM

Did you check if your config file was read-only?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users