• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 436 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:58 PM

Excellent patch overall.

I am concerned the Gauss nerf went too far. Given the 3 ton disparity, I would rather see:

IS Gauss: 4 second cooldown
Clan Gauss: 5 second cooldown

#22 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:05 PM

View Postshopsmart, on 30 November 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

-1 on
ecm not changed

ECM is changed, range reduction

#23 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:05 PM

Very good job, massive Patch, thanks to everyone who worked on this!

#24 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:06 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 30 November 2015 - 02:07 PM, said:

• IS and Clan AutoCannon/2s and Clan Ultra AutoCannon/2s have been given a crit chance equal to that of Machine Guns (the crit damage multiplier for AutoCannon/2s and Clan Ultra Autocannon/2s is still 1.0).

For those unfamiliar with the MG crit chance, it's 10% higher than the other non-"crit weapons".

This means the AC/2s will now crit at a rate of 52% (up from 42%), with a 31% chance of a single crit (up from 25%), a 17% chance of a double crit (up from 14%), and a 4% chance of a triple crit (up from 3%).

The crit damage multiplier of 1.0 means that a single crit does 2 damage, and a triple crit does 6 damage - along with a bonus 0.3, 0.6, or 0.9 internal damage respectively for the single, double, or triple crit.

#25 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:06 PM

Great lookin' patch notes n.n My Jenner IIC thanks you in advance for bumping the SRM6 ghost heat threshold :3

Glad to see the R1 boys (And girls) finally getting the badges they were promised. I'm not one of 'em, so no skin off my teeth, but I know that was a pretty big thing in its day.

Still greatly annoyed by Gauss nerf, but luckily I've been preparing for it since it hit PTS4 and have been swapping most of my mechs over to twin AC/5 instead... actually kind of like it better that way than gauss anyway o.o Huzzah!

Cockpit monitors are HUGE! Don't care if they don't display useful information, at this point, ANYTHING is better! And they look dead sexy n.n

Modifications to the cockpit item screen are amazing, and have been needed for a looong time coming.

Also curious about the retroactivity of the Cadet bonus... but if nothing else, we'll find out tomorrow :P

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 30 November 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#26 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:07 PM

A shame that PGI kept the Speed Tweak nerf but ah well. The rest looks good to me.

#27 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:14 PM

View Postcazidin, on 30 November 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

A shame that PGI kept the Speed Tweak nerf but ah well. The rest looks good to me.

Afraid you might have to learn to dodge rather than just outrun? ;)

I do kinda wish they'd changed ECM so it no longer blocks locks, though... still... 90m is a lot smaller of a distance than a lot of people realize, and they're going to find that out to their cost reallly fast.

#28 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:14 PM

View Postxeromynd, on 30 November 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

ECM is changed, range reduction

The Magic Jesus Box is still has the Doritos eating Magic Jesus Field.

They could have kept the radius at 180M if they'd just adjust the Magic Jesus Field, the 'targetingfactor' variable, from 0.25 to 0.5.

That changes 200M Dorito range to 400M Dorito range. The PTS1-3 had that set to 1.0, or where the Magic Jesus Field was removed entirely, and Doritos could roam free (never blocked).

#29 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:15 PM

My only two questions:

1. Why wasn't the actual ecm fix kept?
2. Less important, but are players getting back-paid for the increase in cadet wages?

#30 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:15 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 30 November 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

Afraid you might have to learn to dodge rather than just outrun? ;)

You're really overestimating that change.

The 129 stock Kph mechs go from 142 Kph down to 138 Kph. ~4Kph difference.

#31 A sebaceous cyst

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:20 PM

Sad that the pointless skill tree nerfs are still happening...but I guess PGI really feels that despite the feedback they asked for, they feel the best way to make the game better is to make it worse (really the skill tree needs to be completely re-done not have all the percentages cut)

#32 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:21 PM

View Poststjobe, on 30 November 2015 - 02:33 PM, said:

[/i][/i][/center]
Pro-tip: XML and Excel are not the same thing.

Actually... Excel ".xlsx" are just zip archives of XML files. You can extract them with a zip utility like 7-Zip. Not that it makes it more useful or anything. :)

#33 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:21 PM

The ECM nerf is actually going to function as a buff for ACs and other knife-fighting lights :3

90M range means you can get that much closer sneaking up on that Dire Wolf's arse without him even having a clue there's a light mech around :P

#34 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:26 PM

So instead of the necessary nerf to Streakcrows, Summoners, Mat Cats, the streaks have been buffed. Making these boats even more OP. Clan tech needed NO buffs. Why would you even buff what they have to begin with? If anything their missiles should be extremely nerfed. (Double the heat of Streaks for example).

#35 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:27 PM

SOLID patch

#36 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:28 PM

View PostRamrod AI, on 30 November 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

So instead of the necessary nerf to Streakcrows, Summoners, Mat Cats, the streaks have been buffed. Making these boats even more OP. Clan tech needed NO buffs. Why would you even buff what they have to begin with? If anything their missiles should be extremely nerfed. (Double the heat of Streaks for example).

Posted Image

*sigh*
Nerfing the Suckonner isn't exactly a great proposal.

Shame people don't care to discuss balance logically.

Edited by Mcgral18, 30 November 2015 - 03:28 PM.

#37 Vajhra

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFlying your dropship

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:28 PM

Crikey, reducing the max range on Clan Lasers... the whole point of expeditionary warfare is manouver, and that means lighter, faster and longer ranged with less armor. If attackers had the capacity to drop huge tonnage then dropship diplomacy would be sufficient.

#38 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:35 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 30 November 2015 - 03:28 PM, said:

Posted Image

*sigh*
Nerfing the Suckonner isn't exactly a great proposal.

Shame people don't care to discuss balance logically.

Lol what is there to discuss about Streakboats? The only people I see defending them are people who use them and Clanners. 2 Alphas and a light mech is dead and maybe some mediums. You know as well as I do that it's OP. I'd rather deal with Ultra Boats then Skill-less streakboats. At least with Ultra Boats you have to aim at your target. You have no argument about streakboats...none whatsoever. And I don't care about the stupid Summoner. IS has plenty of useless mechs. A few Clan ones don't hurt. Seriously all I ever see in these forums are Clanners bitching about nerfs because they want to be invincible and have no challenge.

Edited by Ramrod AI, 30 November 2015 - 03:37 PM.

#39 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:35 PM

"Fixed an issue where groups of 11 members were unable to launch into a Community Warfare match."

Does this mean you've potentially fixed the problem with having uneven teams, as well, or is that too much to hope? Or, does it just mean we are now able to drop in groups of 11, with the MM picking up one more to make 12?

View Postxeromynd, on 30 November 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

I don't think there were anywhere near enough people on PTS4 for them to get any reliable telemetry on a 12v12 balance, (it was 4v4 from the getgo, wasn't it?) I'd thought PTS4 was more for "see if everything works like it should" rather than "suggest changes"
I would have been on there, if my computer was able to accept the PTS build as well as my regular MWO; for some reason, for the first and second PTS ever, I was able to load it up and go just fine. However, I then had a bad crash, had to reload everything, and now the PTS build hasn't worked ever since.

Edited by Kay Wolf, 30 November 2015 - 03:36 PM.

#40 Rampancy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 568 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:36 PM

So uhhhh

Blackjacks?

Why the hell has the BJ-1X received such a massive buff? It's already one of the best IS mediums.

Blackjacks are now packing more firepower AND more durability than mechs like the Centurion, which are falling by the wayside. I don't get it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users