400 replies to this topic

#401 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:23 AM

1) I like the quirks...keeps thing interesting. I adapt.

2) Teamwork is OP. A team of veteran players who work together all of the time will kick butt. A group of new players in a disjointed team will not. Quirks will not compensate for this...it just is what it is. Games are about competition...winning and loosing.
2a) In CW you can have top tier players and teams running into new players who have never played together before. It's just the way it is. Accept it if it happens. But don't give up...playing against good players just forces you to learn faster. aka...it forces you to play smarter. (but ya...it can be super discouraging too. My advice is that new players stay away from CW, or just accept that they might get their butts handed to them once in a while. Relax...it's a game.)
2b) Normal (non-CW) PUG play uses the matchmaker. This should keep the uber players away from the new players....and keep things more fun and balanced. Teamwork is still the king though.

3) If you are in an Assault mech you will need support...it's always been that way and always will be. Stay with the team....and for everyone else "don't abandon your assaults".

PUGs can win against organized teams....
I don't usually lead groups in CW. But we had a ton of new payers on the other day so what the heck, I gave it a try once or twice.
In one notable match we were up against an 8 to 12 man...most were in the same unit or at least in some unit which indicated they have been playing for a while. While my side had maybe 3 guys who were in units or had any experience. The rest seemed to be noobs. At least a hand full indicated that they were brand new players. (lots of Trial mechs too.)Posted Image

Luckily the other team wasn't one of the Comp teams, so they didn't roll us. But they were still much more organized, had some experience, and had leveled mechs. So after we lost the first wave I decided to mix things up a bit.....

Told the guys to group up just over the rise from the enemy and then follow me in after a few seconds....I then ran in with my light mech (Oxide, Huggin, or whatever) to cause some confusion and get them all looking at me. After a few seconds the team would charge over and clean up. And I survived too. Did this a few times and won the match. A pretty simple strategy, didn't require a ton of coordination, and it worked.

This worked in a few matches...when the PUGS followed. Didn't work a few times too...but I had fun.

Oh...and we were IS vs their Clan in that one match. So stick that in your "clan is OP pipe" and smoke it. Oh, ya...and all the IS trial mechs we had too. Posted Image

PS: The only thing I really didn't like.... Was all the lag when you get too close to other mechs. If I ran into a clump of enemy mechs I had to really focus on not bumping into anyone to avoid teleporting.

Edited by ThatGuy539, 14 December 2015 - 10:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users