So...whats Happening With Your Is And Clan Dropdecks/builds Post Patch?

15 replies to this topic

#1 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:44 PM

TDR-5SS, ERMLs, and Gauss Rifles took hits among other things. SRMs got a sizable buff as well.

What 'mechs are you thinking about pulling out of the mothballs or perhaps using less of / shelving?

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:53 PM

DRG-1N is heavily nerfed as well. I'll probably bust out the BLR-2C and configure it as a brawler mech. Black Knight might become real popular.

Edited by El Bandito, 30 November 2015 - 05:54 PM.

#3 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:08 PM

I predict the Black Knight and GHR-5H are going to be really popular. BJs also got very significant structure buffs and will be the dominant IS medium. BLR and BNC are largely untouched so I'm happy about that.

Edited by pwnface, 30 November 2015 - 06:12 PM.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:17 PM

Not much will change, it will still primarily be laser vomit. Until something is done with the IS-XL engine to survive the loss of a side torso, no real reason to bring ballistic-centric mechs.

#5 Famous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 117 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:19 PM

All Marauders all the time. But really might try out the 3xASRM6 Zeus as a second or third line Mech as a "clean up" hitter

#6 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:26 PM

AWS 8Q now has PPC's at gauss speed, for half the tonnage...
All of the Shadowhawks will come back from storage
Cat K2 will see a few rounds
AS7-D, DDC, and S will get a spin, thinking the S with the new SRM's may finally be a brutal mech to face

#7 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:31 PM

View Postpwnface, on 30 November 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

I predict the Black Knight and GHR-5H are going to be really popular. BJs also got very significant structure buffs and will be the dominant IS medium. BLR and BNC are largely untouched so I'm happy about that.

Been running the large whopper for a while and it's my favorite heavy. Now they're making it better. BJ's are going to be the new IS meta, and not just the 1X. Boomjacks are back.

#8 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:53 PM

With the structure quirks, my Hunchback 4SP may see it's first CW match. There will be many Blackjacks, I expect some people will even bring 4 of them. JM6-DD will probably be a common inclusion. I'll run the Atlas more often too.

On the clan side, I think any combination of TBR, HBR, EBJ, SCR will still be the optimal way to go. If you want more than one TBR then an ACH can get thrown in.

#9 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:03 PM

View Postpwnface, on 30 November 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

Yeah the BJ-1X structure buff is surprising. Perhaps the only thing preventing people from using 4 of them sometimes pre patch was that they only add up to 180t. GRH-5H seems like a good alternative to the old 5SS post patch and you can have 3 of them and any choice of light mech or even a Cicada...

Unfortunately the Black Knight is still premium content.

#10 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:44 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 30 November 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

Not much will change, it will still primarily be laser vomit. Until something is done with the IS-XL engine to survive the loss of a side torso, no real reason to bring ballistic-centric mechs.

I think the Gauss + Vomit combos will be less desirable but whether or not they are shelved completely im not sure

#11 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:04 PM

I just find it sad that PGI did not nerf the ECM by removing lock deny, as they promised. IS side will never be able to utilize LRMs as effectively as the Clans due to that.

#12 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:04 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 30 November 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

I think the Gauss + Vomit combos will be less desirable but whether or not they are shelved completely im not sure

I suspect that with the new Gauss decreased DPS, builds will shift towards pure laser vomit with more heatsinks. It's not a great tonnage investment to run such a low DPS weapon.

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 November 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

I just find it sad that PGI did not nerf the ECM by removing lock deny, as they promised. IS side will never be able to utilize LRMs as effectively as the Clans due to that.

I do think ECM nerf should have went through but LRMs are going to be bad regardless of ECM changes.

#13 Frankenst3in

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:38 PM

View Postpwnface, on 30 November 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

I suspect that with the new Gauss decreased DPS, builds will shift towards pure laser vomit with more heatsinks. It's not a great tonnage investment to run such a low DPS weapon.

That's pretty much what I have been thinking as well, just not enough deeps to justify the tonnage. I am thinking I will move into more straight laser vomit, and if the range stuff hurts too bad, I may try some uac builds, or maybe ppc stuff, for the clan side at least. IS laser vomit is getting even stronger I think, many good contenders to choose from there.

#14 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:04 PM

Gauss will be 15 damage over 6.25 seconds. This comes out to 2.4 DPS without modules or quirks.

You are investing 15 tons + 3 tons for ammo for 30 rounds of 2.4 DPS.

Yes, high alpha pinpoint damage is nice but having an abysmal DPS more than offsets the benefits of running Gauss.

For 18 tons you are better off running more Large Pulse and Medium Lasers and additional heat sinks. Even a bigger engine (for IS) might be a better investment at this point.

#15 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:22 PM

Clans can get by. Gausses will loose their place but that worries me little since I never really used them in CW. My top EBJ build (7xCERMPL+1xCERLL for assist acquisition and range token damage or 8xCERMPL for brawling) will still be very strong, in fact even stronger now with increased CDHS cooling.
What we can probably see is more missile Mechsand since we already have arguably the best Mech for that (Stormcrow), we will probably see more of these. Fast, solid hitboxes and many missile hardpoints mean that this thing can get in, launch all it has and scoot before area gets too hot. Be it LRMs or S/SRMs, this Mech can do it all and can do it well.

IS, well... Thunderbolts are in the sweet weight gap spot around 60 so they will stay. ERLL builds with over 900m optimal range will stay as well. Stalkers and battlemasters can still hump hills like nothing else so that will stay the same. BJs are already quite popular and will be even more in the future. Frankly, thats it. Perhaps we will see more Shadowhawks or Trebuchets as dedicated missile boats but outside of that, nothing surprising should happen.

#16 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:41 PM

My Clan dropdecks will most likely remain unchanged. Although I will probably no longer bring assaults, but I brought those very rarely anyways.

I will still run either full mid-ranged laservomit builds, or gaussvomit builds.

My IS dropecks ill most likely see some changes. But I am not exactly sure, which - a lot depends on how good the Marauders will turn out to be. The only thing I am quite certain is, that I will no longer bring Wolverines.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users