30 replies to this topic

#1 Osiris513

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:12 PM

I really miss the enjoyment that I used to be able to get out of this game. PLEASE for the love of god give us an option to OPT OUT of the voting system. I do not want to be forced to play only what is 'popular'.

#2 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:42 PM

Yeah, always playing Skirmish is boring...

#3 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:54 PM

Just click randomly like everyone else does now for a truly random match drop! Posted Image multipliers are for those wanting a specific map... just close your eyes and click Posted Image

Honestly... I liked the new voting system at first... now I think it sucks because no one takes it seriously. Posted Image

#4 Athalus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:59 PM

Am I the only one around here who doesn't mind the voting system? I really don't notice any difference from before, still getting conquest and viridian often enough. I guess thats just me...

#5 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:01 PM

View PostAthalus, on 01 December 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

Am I the only one around here who doesn't mind the voting system? I really don't notice any difference from before, still getting conquest and viridian often enough. I guess thats just me...

Most people not having any problems with the voting system don't have a reason to come here and look for threads about the voting system.

#6 Jalen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 181 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:09 PM

View PostOsiris513, on 01 December 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

I really miss the enjoyment that I used to be able to get out of this game. PLEASE for the love of god give us an option to OPT OUT of the voting system. I do not want to be forced to play only what is 'popular'.

And the rest of us don't want to be forced to play what you want to play, but nobody wants twenty minute wait times.

Deal with it.

#7 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

Nope, I love the voting system.
Wait times are much better with it, and it's the best way to go forward if they want to introduce more game modes in the future.

#8 P h a l a n x

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:57 PM

Personally I'm not a player of Conquest. Being forced to play it is kind of jarring, and a lot of people who don't want to play it (seems there's quite a few), then simply ignore the cap points and go for kills alone. Rather than force us into a mode we don't want, why not just let us filter it?

#9 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:14 PM

View PostPh4lanx, on 01 December 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

Personally I'm not a player of Conquest. Being forced to play it is kind of jarring, and a lot of people who don't want to play it (seems there's quite a few), then simply ignore the cap points and go for kills alone. Rather than force us into a mode we don't want, why not just let us filter it?

Now that's an idea I can get behind... let us filter game modes and map types. Check-boxes are your friend, like server selection Posted Image

#10 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:28 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 01 December 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

Now that's an idea I can get behind... let us filter game modes and map types. Check-boxes are your friend, like server selection Posted Image

But how ? Implementing a mode-selection must be a nightmare on the technical level, stuff like that is cutting edge tech afterall. Surely there is noone at PGI who could handle this...

#11 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:32 PM

After they introduced the "weight" system with votes, i've seen that I get all game-modes and maps much more evenly. I enjoy it. Quick as heck match-making is very nice.

#12 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:46 PM

I have a feeling that the voting system "quality of life" differs depending on your tier TBH. I could be wrong, so folks would have to give their experiences and tier level. Just call it a sneaking suspicion.

I tend to see a fairly diverse mix over time, though it does skew more towards Skirmish, Tourmaline (not that I mind Tourmaline, one of my fave maps) and I've had Caustic and River city all of -once- that I can remember since it was implemented with weighted voting.

If it has taught me anything, people just don't seem to like the new maps. That said, I won't complain if I never see Forest Colony again, that sucker tanks my FPS regardless of my settings where the other ones do not even with fancy shmancy effects.

#13 Rededevil

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:12 PM

TBO, I don't' think the vote has much impact on the mode or the game. I have been paying careful attention to the vote results on the screen, and at least 60 percent of the time the result is not the result of the numbers on the screen... Possibly it is just a way to waste time while the server readies up? IDK, but I do know voting really doesn't determine what you will be playing. I think it is just random, and the vote gives an illusion of choice.

Give us mode filters again please. The system works exactly the same, except now we can't even choose the mode we are going to play.

#14 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:24 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 01 December 2015 - 02:01 PM, said:

Most people not having any problems with the voting system don't have a reason to come here and look for threads about the voting system.

To be honest, the thread's title isn't exactly indicative of it's subject. I clicked on it wondering what the thread was talking about. Didn't know it was about the voting system till it was already opened.

Personally, I find the voting system just meh. I'm indifferent. Though, if I could I'd probably turn off Skirmish right now. Played so much of that recently. And this is coming from someone who had all game mods selected before the voting system!

#15 GryHwk

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:30 PM

View PostRededevil, on 01 December 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

IDK, but I do know voting really doesn't determine what you will be playing. I think it is just random, and the vote gives an illusion of choice.

Ohhhh it does determine the outcome.... its the voting minigame players... the ones that build up mutipliers and in the last second before voting is over....and before the numbers show on your viewer. those are the ones that choose what you are to play...so lets say a group of people..that are droping together want to play a certain mode or map....all vote on the same thing in the last 1 or 2 seconds....guess what your playing that mode and map....then, as a team they work the match....map and mode they have played a hell of alot of times before together...perfecting their tactics together....come in and devastate the map.....agains a team that has never worked together before...yay...for them....so hence they love the voting system......they get nothing but points and C-bills....Mob Rules....that is how it is in PGI now.....

#16 Mendu

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:34 PM

I've playing for a bit now, and honestly the voting system is "what ever," to me. I could take it or leave it. I've been seeing all the maps a few times a night, whereas before I'd hit streaks of 4+ Bog (I don't care for that map so much). Now I still see all the maps (even the couple that are a bit meh) but the game modes and mix seem pretty legit. The queue times have for *sure* improved, and if this change is the reason? I'm good with that.

Edited by MisutaBaker, 01 December 2015 - 06:19 PM.

#17 WILL WORK FOR JUMPJETS

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 40 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:03 PM

I find the voting system just fine. Most people are hung up on possibly losing to a point cap when every match almost always boils down to a skirmish fight to the death anyway.

#18 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:26 PM

View PostIsaac Davion, on 01 December 2015 - 09:03 PM, said:

I find the voting system just fine. Most people are hung up on possibly losing to a point cap when every match almost always boils down to a skirmish fight to the death anyway.

I had one person (on my team too) who complained about a base cap in assault. We were losing, but instead of standing and fighting to our deaths, we sent some people to their base. Then, we spent people's mechs for time, and won the match by a cap because we kept stalling their approach to their own base. Was a very intense match, but apparently "that is why Assault is stupid". We won, by playing an objective. We tactically (for a PUG team at least) did that task. I don't get what the complaint was about...

#19 Kerensky98

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:43 AM

Sorry but killing the enemy is always a good idea. Less of them to kill you. The trick is to play as a team and cap points or bases WHILE you kill enemies. Too many players don't understand that you can keep running and shooting at the same time.

if you want a game that is all about capping points play dots and boxes.

#20 Cpt Zippo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGiessen

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:52 AM

View PostJalen, on 01 December 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

And the rest of us don't want to be forced to play what you want to play, but nobody wants twenty minute wait times.

Deal with it.

Lol, you force us to play what you want!
20min wait time? No problem if i can just play conquest instead of Skirmish/Skirmish/Assault/Skirmish/Skirmish.......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users