24 replies to this topic

#1 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:58 PM

because i have yet to see much talk about this anywhere, going to let all of IS in on a little hint.

get BJs. train BJs. use BJs. they are SO GOOD right now, especially the BJ1-X. you will not regret it!

(until they are inevitably nerfed that is)

#2 Malkinn Kerensky

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:05 PM

I like BJ's! Posted Image

#3 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:07 PM

BJs now spew more things at once, and last longer! everyone join the fun and let us blow our load all over the clanner at tukayyid! :D

#4 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:15 PM

Good to have you back Stealth

#5 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:27 AM

The BJ-1X is exceptionally strong right now. Please use this mech if you have it so we can defeat the clanners.

#6 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:34 AM

View Postpwnface, on 03 December 2015 - 12:27 AM, said:

The BJ-1X is exceptionally strong right now. Please use this mech if you have it so we can defeat the clanners.

Dont listen to these guys....

Silly NS!

Seriously, the Black Jack is king of the Vomit AND pop tarting these days. I shall rename them "Leatherman Mechs"

#7 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:00 PM

I never knew paying for a BJ would feel so good!!

#8 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:55 PM

What's the optimal CW loadout for them, would you say?

#9 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:54 PM

for the 1-x i am a big fan of the 6 ml 2 mplse, max engine, near max armor, 18 dhs. has a high alpha and good dps while moving real fast.

the 3 we like dual ppc with 4 jjs and a max engine. really good at poptarting and is a pretty cold build too

#10 IG 88

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 416 posts
  • LocationSagunay, Québec Canada

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:03 PM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 02 December 2015 - 10:58 PM, said:

because i have yet to see much talk about this anywhere, going to let all of IS in on a little hint.

get BJs. train BJs. use BJs. they are SO GOOD right now, especially the BJ1-X. you will not regret it!

(until they are inevitably nerfed that is)

thx for your advice I lost 27 million c-bil

Edited by IG 88, 04 December 2015 - 03:04 PM.

#11 Sparkymarkyp

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:08 PM

Everyone loves a BJ

Edited by Sparkymarkyp, 04 December 2015 - 03:09 PM.

#12 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:12 PM

Dual PPC on BJ3 is nice.

#13 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:31 PM

View PostIG 88, on 04 December 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

BJ-1X is still pretty good even post nerf.

#14 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:30 PM

i am now running 3 blackjacks in my deck. if you think they suck you are doing it wrong

#15 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:56 AM

View PostIG 88, on 04 December 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

If you need some help on how to use these beasts let me know or jump into HK for a bit. We can help you. Not a joke. I was skeptical but I am having some insane amounts of fun with each variant. The nerf did remove some of the shine, but when driven well the BJ(s) perform superbly.

#16 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:57 PM

I found it difficult to load a BJ within my normal 250 drop deck. I can't drop without a Thud (or 2) my Stalker, and a light. I just did not like walking away with a couple of tons left on the table. I like to run STK-4n, TDR-5S-t, TDR-9SEC, FS9-S. What combinations are there?

#17 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:01 PM

We have someone who runs a DDC, Battlemaster, blackjack, and a locust. i ran 2 blackjacks, a thunderbolt, and a mauler for a bit before i realized that the blackjack is just better then the thunderbolt i was using and switched to three blackjacks.

also, while leaving tonnage on the table sounds bad, there are mechs that just better in every way then mechs heavier then them (the blackjack being a good example right now), so basing your drop decks off of max tonnage can be faulty. obviously you want some tonnage, but at a certain point it becomes less maxing tonnage and more fitting the tonnage to what you are good with and what mechs you have.

Edited by Stealth Raptor, 08 December 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#18 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:06 PM

MechWarriors need BJs

#19 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 08 December 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

We have someone who runs a DDC, Battlemaster, blackjack, and a locust. i ran 2 blackjacks, a thunderbolt, and a mauler for a bit before i realized that the blackjack is just better then the thunderbolt i was using and switched to three blackjacks.

also, while leaving tonnage on the table sounds bad, there are mechs that just better in every way then mechs heavier then them (the blackjack being a good example right now), so basing your drop decks off of max tonnage can be faulty. obviously you want some tonnage, but at a certain point it becomes less maxing tonnage and more fitting the tonnage to what you are good with and what mechs you have.

I agree with you to an extent Stealth, the caveat being BJ is still squishy when compared to a TD. Much like when we used to take too many Dragon 1Ns too much squish can be bad. So as long as your team mates are screening you with their beef the BJ is an amazing DPS mech that has excellent high points but I'd not advocate moving whole sale the majority of the groups drop deck into squishiness. Yes I know the BJ has excellent internal buffs.

View PostCrockdaddy, on 08 December 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

I agree with you to an extent Stealth, the caveat being BJ is still squishy when compared to a TD. Much like when we used to take too many Dragon 1Ns too much squish can be bad. So as long as your team mates are screening you with their beef the BJ is an amazing DPS mech that has excellent high points but I'd not advocate moving whole sale the majority of the groups drop deck into squishiness. Yes I know the BJ has excellent internal buffs.

Of course as I type this my Drop deck was 2 BJ plus 2 Heavies for most of the past event.

#20 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:17 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 08 December 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

For reference, the BJs have 112 CT combined armor and internals. All of the TDRs except for the Top Dog have 126 CT combined armor and internals. Being able to move 30-40kph faster and having a smaller profile more than makes up for the 14hp difference in terms of survivability in my opinion. Blackjacks are incredibly robust for how small and fast they are.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users