• LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:04 AM

The winners of the Tukayyid 2 best match screen shot contest are:
-aGeNTo
-Ulvar
-KrEniM MinErk
-Aylek
-Karmen Baric

Each of the fine players above will receive from me a basic mech pack of their choice.*

The winner of the ‘nominate someone who made an outstanding contribution during Tukayyid 2’ contest is:

-Dabs on Deck for multiple notes of “he just carried” and “knowing what the hell he was doing”.

I would also like to note that kind words were submitted on behalf of:
-Theaus, who was acknowledged as being an inspiration and all around great teacher before and during the event.
-Ghoppa, whose teammates made repeated statements of his great attitude and skill (see posts above).
-Dafrog, for “being the best spotter in the game and pointing us all in the right direction”.
-Scuro for taking care of the TS Hub (see posts above).
-Dr. Gonzo, for fighting hard against K-Com (see posts above).

I would also like to thank Ace Selin for giving me the idea to spread the love and give out multiple awards rather than just one. He gets a basic pack too.

If I have the funds, I will do this again for the next event that is focused on FRR territory and/or primarily focused on fighting those filthy, filthy clanners; whatever that event may be.

*Notes to winners: If you want to wait until the next “unseen” is released to claim your prize that is fine. The caveat here is that I budgeted for the $20 basic pack price point (and similarly the $55 dollar price point for the full pack plus bonus mech). If PGI jacks the price on the next unseen pack (presumed to be the Archer) and the basic pack is more than $20 then you are SOL and will have to select from the existing $20 packs. To get your prize please send me a PM via the forum message function and let me know what mech pack you want.

Lastly, it does not look like Dabs on Deck is terribly active on the forums. I will try to get a hold of him in game, but if anyone seeing this post happens to ‘run into’ him, please let him know to contact me.

Top 5 best game screen shots will get a basic unseen pack of the winners choice. Top nominated player gets a full unseen pack with bonus mech of their choice. If you don't want to post here feel free to send shots or nominations to frrwarrior@gmail.com.

Help me come up with some incentives to reward FRR players to play well and win.

ATM I am thinking of putting up some sort of reward like: top FRR player in the Tukayyid tournament gets any full pack (plus bonus mech) of the unseen mech of their choice, with second and third place finishers getting any basic unseen pack of their choice. Something like that.

I'm trying to keep the total I spend on this "reward" to around a 100 bucks (US) via the gift store and would like to reward as many people as possible, but since it seems like damn near everyone has the unseen mechs I am not sure if my idea above is much of an incentive.

Part of me is also thinking regardless of the offer I (we) come up with I think it ought to be conditional on an IS victory, but I am not so sure I want to hold to that.

Ideas? Be quick. Event starts soon.

Edited by Bud Crue, 08 December 2015 - 09:10 AM.

#2 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:17 AM

Nice gesture Bud.

Why not make it 5 Standard packs of the next unseen mech that's revealed. Rewards the most amount of people for your $100 limit.

#3 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:23 AM

hmm, I like the idea of spreading it around like that. Will consider. Probably will leave it up to winners choice regardless. Would like to do something other than just the unseen packs but there aren't a lot of options in the gift store at the price points I am thinking.

#4 BlackHeroe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKasselhague

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:29 AM

How you wanna figure out the most important FRR pilots ?

Probably there we wont get any statistics above 4000 match score, endless acumulations of screenies ?

But i like the idea always to have multiple winners and support it.

#5 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:30 AM

Heroe,
My understanding is that there will be faction leader boards, so ID-ing the top players shouldn't be a problem. I hope.

#6 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:50 AM

Yeah but the leaderboard is about units, although the tournament page says pilot ..

#7 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:00 AM

Hmm, if there is no individual leader board, I guess I could do screen shots. If we have to go that route though, then I want to change the requirements to whomever kills the most MS players. Nothing but respect for MS, but they will be the main opposition for this event IMHO.

#8 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:14 AM

Or you pick players who break through the 4000 damage wall etc ..

#9 Aylek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:54 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:25 AM

Posted in game to put your screen shots here of best games for Tukayyid.

Top 5 will get a basic unseen pack of their choice. Will hold off until the next pack release to give out rewards (so if you already have em all it doesn't feel like a "waste").

Want to also reward those who went above and beyond during event. I'd like to see some nominations from folks on this. Sort of a MVP or "unsung hero" type of thing. To avoid name and "shame" policy email nominations to frrwarrior@gmail.com
Winner of this gets a full unseen pack plus bonus mech. If it looks like there are multiple standouts I will add rewards to spread the love.

These rewards are of course at my discretion (e.g. 6 people have similar scores one of you will be SOL).

Please share this will those in the FRR. Won't be an incentive if folks don't know about it.

#11 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:14 AM

May as well offer a game despite my horrible ping, since my house move, due to being on wireless usb internet... http://oi67.tinypic.com/1086bmd.jpg

Posted Image

ill add a better game later if i remember

Edited by Ace Selin, 06 December 2015 - 03:24 AM.

#12 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:44 AM

A fine effort Ace. Even if it was actually crap (it wasn't) at this rate (only 2 posts) your chances of getting a prize pretty good!

Guess this wasn't as much of an incentive as I thought it would be. Still, I hope to see more entries near end of event. Please let people know about this! Especially nominations (see post above) I'd love to give someone who may not have a great score but who's teammates recognize their value a full unseen pack.

-Bud

#13 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:18 AM

Hi Bud, I'll take 3rd

Posted Image

#14 Ulvar

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:46 AM

hey,
got this so far Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://s30.postimg.o...15_20_44_58.jpg

Edited by Ulvar, 06 December 2015 - 12:24 PM.

#15 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:21 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 04 December 2015 - 07:04 AM, said:

Help me come up with some incentives to reward FRR players to play well and win.

Incentives to play well and win-
1 - More C-bills -- 300k bonus PER win.
2 - More gxp - saves lots of time skipping over basics or unlocking modules if you are newer
3 - More loyalty points - if in my mundane matches with the suicidal lot of OLD players I wast netting 700-1k per match. Before that dropping with other folks 12-1500 per match. Before the extra 100 from wins. Clears through the lower ranks very fast, and makes good headway on the higher ones.

#16 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:29 AM

sycocys,

Tweet those ideas to Russ. My OP was to help ME find ways to reward FRR players during the event. I can't do any of the things you suggest. In any case, a few posts above I decided what I was going to give out: Top 5 best game screen shots will get a basic unseen pack of the winners choice. Top nominated player gets a full unseen pack with bonus mech of their choice. So far I have only received the posted games above, so keep em coming and let players, especially new players, know about this. If you don't want to post your shots here you can do so at frrwarrior@gmail.com as well.

-Bud

#17 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:40 AM

Could provide a screenshot with 1596 DMG (5 kills) if only i figured out how to post it here.

greetings

el piro

#18 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:42 AM

View Postel piromaniaco, on 06 December 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

Could provide a screenshot with 1596 DMG (5 kills) if only i figured out how to post it here.

greetings

el piro

http://postimage.org/

#19 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:50 AM

View Postel piromaniaco, on 06 December 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

greetings

el piro

Posted Image

#20 Lord Creston

• PipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:39 AM

My recommendation is to give hat tip to Scuro for admining the FRR hub from a support perspective to give us all a spot to congregate during the event! I saw they recently bumped the max clients up to support the big influx of players over the weekend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users