#1 Woopass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 209 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:18 PM

Greetings Mechwarriors,

I first started playing this game since the second wave of closed beta invites went out. My user or mechwarrior name is and was Woopass. Recently I was reported for having an offensive name.

My issue is. When I started closed beta, made multiple forum posts. Emailed support multiple times. Played hundreds of match's. My user name Woopass was not a problem then. But yet this new report system comes into affect and some sore *** loser reports me for whatever reason thats making his bottom sore. And without any tribune or research I get my name auto changed.

This is total crap. I fancy myself a pretty supporter of this game. I have bought every single mech pack from founders to rifleman. I drop in matches and ask everyone if they find my user name offensive and everyone agree's that my name is not offensive.

If anyone wants to help please post, email support basically help me spam out PGI till they change what i feel was a wrong decision.

Please save your trolls I dont need it. Thanks for your time and support.

Woopass <0

#2 ThisOneDiesALot

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 82 posts
  • LocationFreiburg

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:09 AM

according to the latest "feel good changes" from dec 1st patch i really get a feeling that pgi is not very much interested in their active player base but instead of possible player bases feeded by noobs from steam etc. guys who like this game and dedicate to it are not that important.

#3 Woopass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 209 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:55 AM

View PostThisOneDiesALot, on 05 December 2015 - 04:09 AM, said:

according to the latest &quot;feel good changes&quot; from dec 1st patch i really get a feeling that pgi is not very much interested in their active player base but instead of possible player bases feeded by noobs from steam etc. guys who like this game and dedicate to it are not that important.

Yeah I believe you may be right. Either way this was a huge kick to my **** after everything I have done. Although Russ said he would look into it. I do understand these dev's get busy. But still gonna give it another week before I start blowing up all of pgi support emails. I would really hate to have to leave this game expecially after all the money I spent. But I simply do not play games that do not let me use my user name.

#4 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:29 AM

Woopass is not offensive, perhaps your name was changed by a bot? If you appeal to support they may reinstate your name.

Let us know how you get on.

Edited by Jabilo, 05 December 2015 - 09:30 AM.

#5 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:34 AM

No need to post here, unless you want to rant because support did nothing for you?
Pretty sure support will fix this.

#6 ThisOneDiesALot

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 82 posts
  • LocationFreiburg

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:07 AM

but i totally understand him for posting it here. i mean, i would feel pretty much left alone if i realize that my name was changed without even consulting me prior to it. and by posting in forum, at least i can hope for some support from the community. although most of the time it's the other way around :D

#7 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:23 AM

Probably got reported by people who do not post on the forums or even read them.
New reporting system gave them a voice they did not have before.
There are more of them than Forum posters.

according to the latest "feel good changes" from dec 1st patch i really get a feeling that pgi is not very much interested in their active player base but instead of possible player bases feeded by noobs from steam etc. guys who like this game and dedicate to it are not that important.

Actually the larger number of active people are people who play but do not come here.

#8 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:40 PM

It seems that someone in PGI hates animals (donkeys, arses, or asses). He might be an animal abuser. :-(

Edited by Lunatic_Asylum, 07 December 2015 - 10:40 PM.

#9 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:46 PM

Dedicated player base?
Posted Image

#10 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:28 AM

PC Principal is ******* everywhere.

#11 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:39 AM

View PostMechWarrior983932, on 04 December 2015 - 09:18 PM, said:

Greetings Mechwarriors,

I first started playing this game since the second wave of closed beta invites went out. My user or mechwarrior name is and was Woopass. Recently I was reported for having an offensive name.

You're not the first. Recently another player with the name "CanOfWoopAss" or something similar had their name reported too.

#12 Donnerkeil666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal II
  • Marshal II
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:36 AM

Reporting someone for such a name is petty and ridiculous. Probably people just trolling around.

#13 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:25 AM

View PostDonnerkeil666, on 08 December 2015 - 04:36 AM, said:

Reporting someone for such a name is petty and ridiculous. Probably people just trolling around.

Yes, which is why support should have told them to stuff it. That is the actual issue here.

#14 Qin Shi Huang

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:47 AM

Hey guys, I have never had to go to support but my name (poopyfist) was deleted. I just want to know how I get my name to anything but MechWarrior 74920327. Any suggestions?

#15 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:32 AM

View PostMechWarrior6208681, on 12 December 2015 - 04:47 AM, said:

Hey guys, I have never had to go to support but my name (poopyfist) was deleted. I just want to know how I get my name to anything but MechWarrior 74920327. Any suggestions?

email accounts@mwomercs.com and explain the situation, I think they only work office hours so the earliest you could hear back is Monday morning (NA time)

#16 Sizzles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationWaiting in line for his UrbanMech UM-PP.

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:06 AM

Good luck getting you name switched back.

TheSilkenPimp had his name changed about a year ago to 'TheSilken' because it was "highly offensive."

The mods wont care, just shut up and give them money.

#17 Woopass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 209 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:10 AM

View PostRhialto, on 05 December 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

No need to post here, unless you want to rant because support did nothing for you?
Pretty sure support will fix this.

Why yes... Yes I do :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users