12 replies to this topic

#1 skumm

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 89 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:12 PM

9 clan attack queues 36 defender. Clans are dropping 4 times for every IS group. this is broken. no one should have to wait 20 or more minutes for a drop.

#2 Half Ear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:17 PM

As least there are clans in queue. PGI should have setup two server sets for the battle, then combined those results into the display.

As for the wait time, with people in queue on both sides, you are only waiting for a slot to open up. You are not waiting for the opponent to form up.

#3 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:25 PM

Problem is as in the first event their is a bunch more IS then Clan which overbloats the servers with Is meaning longer wait times for IS and Shorter for clan the dual server idea might work ,but i dunno. I have a better idea, Return clans to their BT glory and have 24 Is vs 12 clanners.

#4 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:36 AM

View Postskumm, on 05 December 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

Clans are dropping 4 times for every IS group. this is broken.

How do you figure? 63 battlefields, so that's 756 clanners actively fighting and 108 clanners waiting for a fight... while IS side has 756 players actively fighting and 432 players waiting in line. How could a clanner possibly drop four times in the time it takes an IS player to do one?

#5 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:36 AM

View PostPerfectDuck, on 06 December 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

How do you figure? 63 battlefields, so that's 756 clanners actively fighting and 108 clanners waiting for a fight... while IS side has 756 players actively fighting and 432 players waiting in line. How could a clanner possibly drop four times in the time it takes an IS player to do one?

this,
its roughly 2 battlefields, per minute that free up, maybe less if a match ends early. and when a battle takes around 30 minutes in worts case this menas when 12 clanners are in the lane they will have around 30minutes of game and 6 minutes of waiting before they drop a second time. so every 36minutes.

if Is has 44 in the line they wait 22minutes, and 30 for the match, which makes around 52 minutes between the firts match drop and the second one. So is not even 2x as much.

Sicne the plain fist wave light rush instawins are gone there are no 3 minute ruhes aynmore which grantes this drop 4x as often as clanner as Is does.

Edited by Lily from animove, 07 December 2015 - 02:37 AM.

#6 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:43 AM

nevermind

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 07 December 2015 - 02:46 AM.

#7 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:13 AM

View Postskumm, on 05 December 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

9 clan attack queues 36 defender. Clans are dropping 4 times for every IS group. this is broken. no one should have to wait 20 or more minutes for a drop.

You forgot the 63 ongoing matches while others are waiting in queue. Clan teams were dropping 1.4x IS teams.

#8 Volkster

• PipPip
  • Major
  • Major
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSaarland

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:20 AM

whatever the numbers were... a queue of 20 minutes was extremely annoying. Especially when the queue interrups when anyone in the group disconnects and you have to start all over again. Happened twice on saturday evening, resulting in one game in one hour

#9 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:37 AM

View PostPerfectDuck, on 06 December 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Well 4 times is deffinitely incorerct, but double the rate is probably true without any exageration.

Due to the fact that the average wait times for an IS team was around 20 minutes (lowest wait times I experienced was about 9 minutes and topping at 35 minutes) compared to the 10 minutes tops wait times (Sometimes there were no full clan groups while the IS had queues meaning that the clans instadropped as soon as they left a match or a 12 player team was filled).

Each clan player was able to drop 2 times per 1 drop the IS player at the same time was able to play is a more apt way of saying this. Ontop of that the clans had the possibility of faster wins (Objective rush) compared to the IS who were forced to play every match to the bitter end if they wished to win the round.

#10 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:44 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 05 December 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

Problem is as in the first event their is a bunch more IS then Clan which overbloats the servers with Is meaning longer wait times for IS and Shorter for clan the dual server idea might work ,but i dunno. I have a better idea, Return clans to their BT glory and have 24 Is vs 12 clanners.

And up-power the Clans to their BT glory? Could work.

#11 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:24 AM

View PostVolkster, on 08 December 2015 - 06:20 AM, said:

whatever the numbers were... a queue of 20 minutes was extremely annoying.

Yeah, this is a limit of the max size of Tukkayid, though. PGI said during the first event there's a limit of 63 sectors on a planet, which I'm guessing is actually 64 (6-bit value), but you need an odd number of sectors to ensure there's not a tie, so they maxed it at one less.

When fully populated, 63 ongoing matches, each lasting a max of 30 minutes, should result in a sector opening up roughly every 30 seconds or so, which matches pretty closely with what I saw during the event.

Especially when the queue interrupts when anyone in the group disconnects and you have to start all over again. Happened twice on Saturday evening, resulting in one game in one hour

This was an issue during the first event, but I thought PGI fixed this so that if someone dropped out you got the next person/people until your group was full again and you didn't lose your place in line. I didn't experience this, so I have to rely on what others saw during the event - did you move to the back of the line if someone dropped out while waiting in queue?

#12 Veev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts
  • LocationWhere ever I am

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:32 AM

I noticed at the end of the event that they were giving Pug drop's priority over 12 mans on the clan side. We watched as we actually got rolled backwards without doing anything. If they were doing the same on the IS side it could explain some of your pain throughout the event.

#13 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:15 PM

Complaining about IS wait drops and how Clans have it so much better?

---> play Clan. Enjoy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users