56 replies to this topic

#41 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:39 PM

Say what you will about the merc units.

They may be mercs, but it's also irrelevant.

Terra is under Wolf control.

Tukayyid is under Wolf control.

Mission accomplished.

You might beat us in 100 battles, but if the entire planet falls to Wolf, then victory to Wolf!

"Soon, all the planets of the Inner Sphere will belong...to the Clans!" -Star Colonel Nikolai Malthus, Clan Jade Falcon

Edited by Commander A9, 08 December 2015 - 03:40 PM.

#42 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:11 PM

Terra can't be your because you're a mercenary unit and since you're not a faction ; is not up to you to decide who rules terra.

Edited by strikebrch, 08 December 2015 - 04:14 PM.

#43 Rakshasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 560 posts
  • LocationThe Underhive, Pomme De Terre

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:45 PM

View PostBlueduck, on 07 December 2015 - 07:31 PM, said:

http://i.imgur.com/56wdxsl.png

We've tried to be reasonable about this, but you simply won't listen. WE WANT TERRA NOW! We've surrounded it, we've taken Tukayyid twice (I don't seem to remember a redo in the lore), and now we want what is rightfully ours.

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW EXPENSIVE MERCSTAR IS? You just don't seem to be getting the message. CWI may be an honorable group of nice guys asking you politely but in SWOL we've decided to take more drastic measure.

Give us Terra or the Gargoyle pictured above will be executed at dawn. Believe me, we don't care about him! We've already drawn whiskers on him, torn off him Omni pods, and put lbx2s on him.

His fate now lies within your hands. You created him, we assume you must care about him somewhere deep down in your heart.

Do the right thing, give Wolf Terra. Believe me, we're not messing around and we've got a Ice Ferret, Kitfox, and Mist Lynx waiting. If you don't care about the Gargoyle we'll keep working our way down the line until we find a mech you do care about!

Do it. It's a mercy killing. Poor thing never stood a chance. It was broken on the Scientist Caste's blueprints, it was broken in the Technician Caste's factories, and now it begs for an end to it all. Maybe in a kinder universe it would reincarnate with a speed of 64kph, jump jets, full armour and a crapton of space for weapons. A form people could look at and say, "Yeah, that's a fast Assault Mech alright. Fast...and good. You made it Mr. Gargles. You made it."

Look at its cockpit. See the tears there. It knows.

This isn't about Terra any more, this is about pity. Mercy. Humanity.

Do it.

Do it!

#44 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:49 PM

View PostRakshasa, on 08 December 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

Do it. It's a mercy killing. Poor thing never stood a chance. It was broken on the Scientist Caste's blueprints, it was broken in the Technician Caste's factories, and now it begs for an end to it all. Maybe in a kinder universe it would reincarnate with a speed of 64kph, jump jets, full armour and a crapton of space for weapons. A form people could look at and say, "Yeah, that's a fast Assault Mech alright. Fast...and good. You made it Mr. Gargles. You made it."

Look at its cockpit. See the tears there. It knows.

This isn't about Terra any more, this is about pity. Mercy. Humanity.

Do it.

Do it!

Don't forget Endo-Steel.

Maybe throw on MASC for giggles.

Fun fact: An 80-ton Clan mech with Endo, FF, CXL320, and 2 hardwired DHS in the engine would have 42.5 tons of pod space. Posted Image

Edited by FupDup, 08 December 2015 - 04:49 PM.

#45 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:53 PM

You'll get Terra over my dead and burning Stalker!
Novakaine's bringin da waffles!

Edited by Novakaine, 08 December 2015 - 04:54 PM.

#46 Zenthious

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 36 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:08 PM

View PostBlueduck, on 07 December 2015 - 07:31 PM, said:

http://i.imgur.com/56wdxsl.png

We've tried to be reasonable about this, but you simply won't listen. WE WANT TERRA NOW! We've surrounded it, we've taken Tukayyid twice (I don't seem to remember a redo in the lore), and now we want what is rightfully ours.

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW EXPENSIVE MERCSTAR IS? You just don't seem to be getting the message. CWI may be an honorable group of nice guys asking you politely but in SWOL we've decided to take more drastic measure.

Give us Terra or the Gargoyle pictured above will be executed at dawn. Believe me, we don't care about him! We've already drawn whiskers on him, torn off him Omni pods, and put lbx2s on him.

His fate now lies within your hands. You created him, we assume you must care about him somewhere deep down in your heart.

Do the right thing, give Wolf Terra. Believe me, we're not messing around and we've got a Ice Ferret, Kitfox, and Mist Lynx waiting. If you don't care about the Gargoyle we'll keep working our way down the line until we find a mech you do care about!

You won Tukayyid from the great houses of the innersphere. You didn't win Terra.

Technically speaking, don't you still have to issue a batchall and fight the comstar elite "Com Guards" before you can just take control of Terra?

#47 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:08 PM

Go ahead and shoot him.

Everyone else does.

#48 SnowDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:13 PM

View PostZenthious, on 08 December 2015 - 05:08 PM, said:

You won Tukayyid from the great houses of the innersphere. You didn't win Terra.

Technically speaking, don't you still have to issue a batchall and fight the comstar elite "Com Guards" before you can just take control of Terra?

By lore, Comstar wagered Terra on the results of the battle. If the clans won, Comstar would surrender Terra, and if the IS won, the clans agreed not to attack the IS for ten years.

So, no, not technically, according to the lore, by having a defeat at Tukayyid, ComStar agreed to surrender Terra :D

#49 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:23 PM

View PostFupDup, on 08 December 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

Don't forget Endo-Steel.

Maybe throw on MASC for giggles.

Fun fact: An 80-ton Clan mech with Endo, FF, CXL320, and 2 hardwired DHS in the engine would have 42.5 tons of pod space. Posted Image

Put Jagermech arms on it and we have a deal......

BTW, if you stick to a huge 400xl, and simply don't add hardwired DHS... you still get 29.5 tons and 33 crits to work with. Mind you, still better off with the 75 tonner at that point, as it gets 32.5 tons. and 33 with a 70 tonner.

View PostSnowDragon, on 08 December 2015 - 07:13 PM, said:

By lore, Comstar wagered Terra on the results of the battle. If the clans won, Comstar would surrender Terra, and if the IS won, the clans agreed not to attack the IS for ten years.

So, no, not technically, according to the lore, by having a defeat at Tukayyid, ComStar agreed to surrender Terra Posted Image

Yeah...here's the thing...YOu see a "Comstar" faction anywhere on the battlefield or score board? I didn't. So the rest of the IS really doesn't care what Comstar says. Also....According to lore, you guys lost to... so ya see where "lore" sorta fails ya?

#50 fbj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 239 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:01 PM

Lore nerds.

#51 Balder Shadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 112 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:06 PM

Do Not Negotiate!

Demand Proof of Hydraulic Fluid!

#52 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:51 PM

View Poststrikebrch, on 08 December 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

Terra can't be your because you're a mercenary unit and since you're not a faction ; is not up to you to decide who rules terra.

Clan Wolf Hegemony surrounding Terra begs to differ...fellow Wolf.

#53 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:14 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 08 December 2015 - 08:51 PM, said:

Clan Wolf Hegemony surrounding Terra begs to differ...fellow Wolf.

Sorry pal , my contract with you guys ends in 2 days.

Did the job by destroying components and killing mechs WITHOUT leaving my shadow cat prime cockpit , with a few exceptions in loses or getting the little kitty killed but the rest of the deck as emergency measures.

17 succesfull matches in total and with succesful i'm only counting the ones that qualified for the challenges XD because if id say how many then would be more the 20 definetly. I had 2 where did 5/9 kills and 27 assists between 1500 and 2000 dmg points.

The best match i've had was a drop where my team out of nowhere destroyed all 3 generators and Omega in less than 10 seconds......was the guys from KCOM.....impresive.....ended up screaming at my dropmate on TS how did it worked but he was as impressed like me .....so fast that couldn't even hit the battlegrind and check the movements.....GG

It was nice to drop with the cubs , now looking for any other faction searching for hired guns because of the incoming "lonewolf mercenary" feature where loyal units pay for reinforcements from their coffers....$_$ time to make a name of myself

Posted Image

Edited by strikebrch, 08 December 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#54 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:26 PM

View PostFupDup, on 07 December 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

If you threatened the Urbanmech, you'd be more likely to get results...

Or it'd enrage the IS loyalists who can't arsed to slog through CW to bother in Tuk 3 and we'd send their test tube asses back to the homeworlds.

#55 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:57 PM

what has the poor gargoyle done to you?

#56 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper