Paid To Break Contract But Still Stuck. Wtf Pgi

8 replies to this topic

#1 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:35 AM

I've always been an FRR Loyalist. Today my unit switched to Liao.
Language has been a Barrier and I didn't want to switch factions because I play mostly with other FRR Loyalists.
So I left my unit, paid 1,150,000 cb and am still stuck for 3 more days in a Faction I don't want to be in.
Total BS.

#2 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:09 AM

That's the contract cooldown mechanic that was put in place to dissuade players from jumping between factions willynilly.

Just make the best of it for the three days and get some low level LP rewards Posted Image

#3 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:28 AM

Why did your unit switch to Liao without warning you in the first place? Sounds like you either weren't paying attention to them or they weren't broadcasting information to their members properly.

#4 SoggyGorilla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:30 PM

I kinda wished they would give you the option of paying more cbills or mc to get out of the 3 day wait.

#5 Hrunting

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSkye

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:17 AM

The cool down is meant to keep entire merc units from jumping around all the time. I have been caught by the cool down because of PGI's lack of communication on upcoming events but by and large I am a proponent of it.

We don't need merc units running around switching factions all the time and they need to pay steep penalties for breaking contracts. There is already to much meta going on around merc groups. They must be tamed.

Because of that, all must cool on switching and I am ok with that.

#6 M0rdresh

• PipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 45 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:11 AM

When breaking a contract the game the game does not warn you about a three day cooldown, it should though.

#7 InsaneRotta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 104 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInside a cheap barely functioning dropship.

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostM0rdresh, on 21 December 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:

When breaking a contract the game the game does not warn you about a three day cooldown, it should though.

Yeah the game should do this. I broke my old contract to join a unit and wasn't aware of the 3 day cooldown. Couldn't do too much to help in the Tukayid 2 Event because of that. That sucked monkey butt a bit. This game does have lots of mechanics that you have learn either the hard way or go through lots and lots of forum post. nobueno.

#8 WMD1812

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:04 PM

I have a similar issue but my contract timer is stuck at 23 days for last 3 weeks and I wasnt playing when CW started so I didnt even sign any contract.
Anyone got ideas how to fix this?
I have file 3 tickets and got no reply.
Does anyone know if i can give my account away? if i have to pay fine i will just quit.

Wmd1812

#9 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:40 AM

All it really achieves is having less players in cw for three days. It is a poor solution to a problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users