#41 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:22 AM

View PostVoid Runner, on 12 December 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

Every pug you get in right now has the most horrible of players who are dancing in circles wondering where they are being shot from. Obviously your tier system isn't working OR there are simply so many fools playing this game right now it is a horrible exercise to slog through even a single round in quick play or CW. This isn't just about game mechanics, these people are unable to grasp the basic concepts of LOOKING AROUND. Thank you Steam for destroying this game for me, I will happily never see any of you again.

Good. Good. Let the hate flow through you.

#42 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:23 AM

Tier 5 problems. Brutal honest truth.

#43 His Holiness Pope Buster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:38 AM

Every pug you get in right now has the most horrible of players who are dancing in circles wondering where they are being shot from. Obviously your tier system isn't working OR there are simply so many fools playing this game right now it is a horrible exercise to slog through even a single round in quick play or CW. This isn't just about game mechanics, these people are unable to grasp the basic concepts of LOOKING AROUND. Thank you Steam for destroying this game for me, I will happily never see any of you again.

OP, stats please.

#44 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:11 AM

Member since today huh... hard to feel sorry for someone playing on an alt and then whining they are in with noobs....

#45 Lynx7725

• 1,710 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:01 PM

I'm in Tier 3, working my way up. Yes, Steam introduction screwed team dynamics up a bit. Some idiocy et. al.

One Forest game had half the team running off after a pair of squirrels early in the game. Guess what? Some judicious yelling over the text channel along with a cooperative Assault lance that formed up a main line to take the (inevitable) enemy charge meant we survive the team split and eventually won the game. Likely, the newbies learnt something from that.

Remember, it's just as likely that the other team got a bunch of new people too. In this game, the side that screws up the least wins.

Yes, it's frustrating at times, but without the player churn, we can't reasonably expect PGI to be able to keep spending money to develop new features.

#46 izzycat218

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 185 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:09 PM

View PostLynx7725, on 12 December 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

I'm in Tier 3, working my way up. Yes, Steam introduction screwed team dynamics up a bit. Some idiocy et. al.

One Forest game had half the team running off after a pair of squirrels early in the game. Guess what? Some judicious yelling over the text channel along with a cooperative Assault lance that formed up a main line to take the (inevitable) enemy charge meant we survive the team split and eventually won the game. Likely, the newbies learnt something from that.

Remember, it's just as likely that the other team got a bunch of new people too. In this game, the side that screws up the least wins.

Yes, it's frustrating at times, but without the player churn, we can't reasonably expect PGI to be able to keep spending money to develop new features.

If your lucky teams are balanced. Last night we had six brand new guys vs a 9 man MS group. It wasn't pretty to say the least.

#47 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:20 PM

How about beeing pro active instead of complaining. When ever i'm a match i will start calling out movment and targets as soon as Betty is done nagging at me. Lead them and make them follow your commands.

Edited by Jack Corban, 12 December 2015 - 12:21 PM.

#48 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:26 PM

make friends, create a group, play a MMO as multiplayer

#49 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:36 PM

Hi, I created a new account so I could club baby seals but forgot to take into account that there are 11 baby seals on my team.

^ That's exactly what I read. If he was a "new" player then what's going on would be the normal, because that's what happens when you get lumped in with the T5's since well before steam's launch.

#50 Xmith

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:48 PM

You sh_t stinks just as a much. You are not special.

Only a fool would think that every new player that is new to MWO should hit the bricks ready to shred armor left and right.

Get over yourself. Nothing is different before the Steam launch. There are still lots of players still trying to get a feel for MWO.

Lighten up. For once look at the bigger picture and take off the blinders.

#51 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:54 PM

I"m sick and tired of these threads not getting their well deserved cake!!!!!

#52 Lykaon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:09 PM

One post ever and you made it this one?

#53 Smotty

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 99 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, best coast

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:18 PM

View Postsycocys, on 12 December 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

Hi, I created a new account so I could club baby seals but forgot to take into account that there are 11 baby seals on my team.

^ That's exactly what I read. If he was a "new" player then what's going on would be the normal, because that's what happens when you get lumped in with the T5's since well before steam's launch.

^^This^^

I read the same thing...

#54 Thomas G Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorth Germany

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:21 PM

OP do not let the door hit your ar$e on the way out, bye and can I have you stuff?

#55 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:23 PM

View PostEric Wulfen, on 12 December 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

OP do not let the door hit your ar$e on the way out, bye and can I have you stuff?

0 day he haz no stuff

#56 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:24 PM

Not gonna lie...The new players I've seen really have no awareness...Ran my Cheetah for most of the night and early morning and just about every player I've rear CT'ed had no reaction (I'm talking about a good 2 to 3 alpha strikes from 6 cSPLs.) I get that some players are new, but I'm nearly tier 2 and it just boggles the mind when I can get away with this. People need to learn and I get it, and I'll leave it at that.

Community Warfare, however, is where I usually like to drop, and since the steam launch, I get a solid 1-3 disco's after the first wave (They die and just leave.) I'm not sure if it's a straight rage quit or what, but CW has been nearly unplayable for myself unless I'm dropping with a unit. If there was an incentive to actually build a drop deck instead of allowing trial mechs to be played in CW, that might help weed out these players who just waste time. Pretty awful suggestion honestly, but at the moment, I can't think of anything better.

#57 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:27 PM

Remember when Team Fortress 2 went free-to-play?

#58 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:37 PM

Later...

#59 GrimRiver

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:47 PM

This game NEEDS newblood because the core fanbase is getting older and moving on to other things and as bad as noobs are at the game they'll get better over time because we ALL started off as newbs and sucked bawls at it but we got better just like they will.

#60 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:04 PM

I'm in T3 and I hardly see them :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users