Role Playing?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Alicia Price

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:52 AM

Because i don't know where to put this and i don't want to put this in every house subforum i figure it's best here. I am an IS mech pilot looking for a Role Playing MWO Group for the game. by roleplaying i don't mean just going in as a lance and beating other people with people i can talk to. i mean using the 'private match' system to make our own scenarios doing role play with voice or chat much like if say, one star "five" of clanners challenges a lance "four" IS to a trial of possession we rp the full fight and even our own words and stuff. things like this. so I am looking for a group to do this with within the inner sphere. please note that was just an example and not an actual thing i particularly care about doing. SO in closing, i am looking for a hard rp group to do IS rp things in WHILE also doing CW and other things on the side. pm me with any offers i am in-game from like 8am EST to 8PM EST. just in case my username is Alicia Price.

#2 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:51 PM

Love it.

#3 Will Ullr

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:40 PM

I'm always roll playing in my head. It's hard to find players who are on board to, but I've had some encounters in the wild where I'll call out some clanner on being incestuous vat born scum and get some colourful replies. Anyways, hope you find a home!

#4 horundwar

Rookie

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:18 AM

Sounds like a great idea, I'll never have time for it though. I hope you get this happening and it's as fun as you hope it is. Posted Image

~in my best mechwarrior voice "Die clanner scum!" etc etcPosted Image

#5 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:39 AM

Love the idea. Found it was too hard to do in practice. Too many folks who thought it was childish (of course it is!) and would not take it seriously or even humor the rest of us (mocking tones, etc.) which just ruined the trip. So like others above, I role play in my head. The only "in game" role playing that I actually do now is to play my "character" as an absolutist FRR loyalist. Even this mild "role" can be limiting (no mech bay tours). When I first started I, tried to have the view point of "the only thing worse than a clanner is filthy merc" and that too was unworkable as many of my in game friends regularly faction jump. Sigh. Trying to bring a bit of character to the game can be a challenge. Good luck to you.

#6 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:19 AM

Like Will Ullr I'm always rping in my head, the idea sounds good but practically it never works out as good as you think it will though I find.

#7 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:45 PM

I take my RP very seriously

#8 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:41 PM

Something like this is never quite going to happen. The closest you're going to get is the NBT league... which is actually fairly competitive, but all it is is a better CW replacement.

#9 xMEPHISTOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:14 PM

roleplaying hmmmm....

Posted Image

or...

Posted Image

Edited by xMEPHISTOx, 27 March 2016 - 05:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users