41 replies to this topic

#21 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:57 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 December 2015 - 09:39 PM, said:

New River City actually favors mobile and tactical play..not the maps fault that most people can't think outside the Citadel.

Not a fan of Endor or New Caustic, at all, though.

I prefer Old Caustic to the new one. The color change makes it pretty ugly imo, but they also didn't realistically make the map any bigger to offer more tactical options.

Prefer new Forest Colony to old - except the fact they didn't implement any cave systems which would have made this map far more dynamic. Also the giant wall of mountains with poor placement of bases really limits options to 2 fighting zones. * and that's 2 fighting zones on what is actually a relatively large map, mostly because of base/cap placement.

New River City I'm actually either/or on. It's bigger, parts of both sides of upper city areas are moderately better. Again suffers from the same things as the new Forest Colony - poor base placement that keeps the matches centered around the same exact areas of the map instead of venturing out and putting the fights deeper into the new spots.

* Actually when I think of it, the base locations on all the maps is probably one of my least favorite parts. Everything is too condensed and in ways forces all the modes to default to skirmish.

Edited by sycocys, 13 December 2015 - 10:29 PM.

#22 Haike

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:18 PM

Stay out of middle in Mordor? Dude do you even play? The team which controls the middle controls the game. All efforts should go into capturing middle not "avoid the middle" as you claim. Even if your team loses the battle of middle, the game is over anyway, so it will end faster and we can get to the next game.

I would like to quote, that statistically mordor is my best map in terms of win rate.

As for the rest of your post, the amount of saltyness is too damn high.
What do you even like about MWO then. If everything isn't to your liking, why aren't you quitting MWO and better off, make your own goddamn game.
So much salt, becareful of high blood pressure, it's a killer :)

#23 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:25 PM

View Postsycocys, on 13 December 2015 - 09:46 PM, said:

I'm not disagreeing with that aspect - his claim is that LRM45 under range was as effective as a ML. Damage wise from my experience its certainly not been the case.

Oh yeah, that's for sure. It's just that the other day in River City, I was pelting a Firebrand with my CLRMs while surgically removing his side torsos with my CERSLs. Worked a treat.

#24 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:05 AM

A classic tier 3 rant.....

Could write "I'm not agree" quite any of your points.

#25 Setun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 172 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:13 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 December 2015 - 09:39 PM, said:

New River City actually favors mobile and tactical play..not the maps fault that most people can't think outside the Citadel. Not a fan of Endor or New Caustic, at all, though.

That's exactly it. Most teams who hump Citadel tend to lose now rather than win....some of my most favorite fights have been in the city itself (upper or lower, doesn't matter. CQC is best combat)

View PostHaike, on 13 December 2015 - 10:18 PM, said:

Stay out of middle in Mordor? Dude do you even play? The team which controls the middle controls the game. All efforts should go into capturing middle not "avoid the middle" as you claim. Even if your team loses the battle of middle, the game is over anyway, so it will end faster and we can get to the next game.

Only time not taking the middle works is if your team agrees to meetup elsewhere on the map due to slower mech comp to try and force the enemy out of mid.

Edited by Setun, 14 December 2015 - 12:13 AM.

#26 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:19 AM

View PostSetun, on 14 December 2015 - 12:13 AM, said:

That's exactly it. Most teams who hump Citadel tend to lose now rather than win....some of my most favorite fights have been in the city itself (upper or lower, doesn't matter. CQC is best combat)

+1

Those city brawls are priceless!

#27 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:48 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 13 December 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

I find your opinion disturbing and close minded.

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 13 December 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

I find his lack of paragraphs disturbing.

I find his lack of everything disturbing.

#28 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:44 AM

What i find annoying?

Wall'o text.

#29 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 14 December 2015 - 02:05 PM

View Postcrashlogic, on 13 December 2015 - 08:53 PM, said:

1. Voting.
2. New maps.
3 Nascaring.
4 Players who scatter all over the place in Conquest looking to win by CAP - You can't win if everyone on the team gets killed because you did not stay together and they did,
5. Assault.
6. PGI constantly trying to balance the weapons.
7. Tier.
8. The jack *** player who wanted to instruct me about LRMS when I was in a game on terra therma.
9. Steam.

10. When the dog bites.
11. When the bee stings.
12. When I'm feeling sad,

I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad.

#30 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 02:07 PM

View Postcrashlogic, on 13 December 2015 - 08:53 PM, said:

If you read this, fucktard, ...

Reported

-Stasi-Warrior Online

Edited by Antares102, 14 December 2015 - 02:08 PM.

#31 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:05 PM

View Postsycocys, on 13 December 2015 - 09:20 PM, said:

What clan mech has quirks that allow you to fire LRMs at 1320m?

I meant 130 meters, I was ranting.

#32 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:21 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 13 December 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

I find your opinion disturbing and close minded.

Have you read the forums?
"Oh No LURMAGEDDON!"
"Oh No POPTARTS!"
"Oh No Peek and Pokes"
"Oh NO Arctic Cheeters"
"Oh No Lazervomit"
"Oh no PPCmageddon"
"OH no ECM"
"Oh no .... is broken"
"Oh no Metamechs"

With every shift in the balance, someone is gonna be unhappy. The constant instability annoys more people than Just me.

#33 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:27 PM

View PostLynx7725, on 13 December 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

Oh yeah, that's for sure. It's just that the other day in River City, I was pelting a Firebrand with my CLRMs while surgically removing his side torsos with my CERSLs. Worked a treat.

This was my point: The guy was telling me LRMS do not work at all under 180 meters, and I was stuck on the path in mordor with a two on one situation. I had to fire everything I had. So even the small damage the LRMs were doing was helpful. Though the small pulse lasers are my main close range weapons. (I killed one, but got gakked by the other). Then I get his BS. It annoyed me, obviously.

#34 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:30 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 14 December 2015 - 12:19 AM, said:

+1

Those city brawls are priceless!

When they happen I enjoy them. In my experience that is rare. RC is still 85% about the citadel, and Its tedious. But mostly Its just not a map I like. There isn't really a reason, I hated the old one, and I hate the new one.

#35 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:38 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 December 2015 - 09:23 PM, said:

If anyone feels insulted when someone asks his tier, then that guy is probably not a good player anyway. And I only ask that question when the other guy makes a really questionable comment, while hiding his tier. Posted Image

Its not the asking for tier that bothers me, hell, I will tell anyone my tier. I don't care. Individual ability in a team game is a pretty nonsensical measure (look at the San Diego Chargers 8 years ago). What was insulting is the way that the question was intended as a sarcastic measurement of playing ability. The tier thing is being used on the game and in the forums to invalidate others. This bothers me.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 December 2015 - 09:24 PM, said:

well, wall of text seems to indicate OP resides in underhive... it's amazing how denizens of that realm just stand out in the open slack jawed and watch LRMs coming at them... kid of like watching a turkey drown in the rain......

Really? What does a wall of text have to do at all with playing ability? Your fallacious post bores me.

#36 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:39 PM

Nothing is wrong with voting, in general.

The problem with voting in this game is that people can see other people's votes and game it at the last second, just to increase their multiplier. If we couldn't see the results of the vote until the end it would be so much better.

#37 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:40 PM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 13 December 2015 - 09:32 PM, said:

Posted Image

What makes you think I care if you read is or not? Seriously, If I put up a wall of text is probably more about writing it than anyone reading it. But hey, I like fighting with all you forum trolls...

#38 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:47 PM

View PostFinnMcKool, on 13 December 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

well the op proves my point about the "game mode vote"

not the map vote, THE GAME MODE VOTE.

even thought he and I see it completely different, it just proves that it dosnt work (OK PLZ KEEP YOUR ELITIST INSULTS to you very small selfs)

I dont want anything but to make the game better , those who hate anything but Skirmish will always ruin the match for those who dont .

Agreed. My major reason for disliking Assault and Conquest is that most people can't play them. If you are in a team that can coordinate, they can be a lot of fun. In PUG matches 18 times out of twenty, everyone scatters, does not coordinate and one team stomps. Then people come in the forums and post how 12 man groups are broken. Its not like anyone uses LFG.

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 14 December 2015 - 06:39 PM, said:

Nothing is wrong with voting, in general.

The problem with voting in this game is that people can see other people's votes and game it at the last second, just to increase their multiplier. If we couldn't see the results of the vote until the end it would be so much better.

Mostly I just want to opt out of game modes. I'd live with the map voting, but it sort of sucks because most of the games for me are beginning to look like skirmish in canyon network.

#39 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:16 PM

View Postcrashlogic, on 14 December 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

What makes you think I care if you read is or not? Seriously, If I put up a wall of text is probably more about writing it than anyone reading it. But hey, I like fighting with all you forum trolls...

Bright shining flash of the obvious... you took the time type it so you care if people read it.

#40 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

Dude, you're not alone in **some** of your thinking. But seriously, YOU may want to rethink your views.

PGI not tinkering with the balancing of the weapons would be a travesty. The game is in code, not in stone. It can be changes. Evidently you didn't play MW4 or MW Merc??? EVERY mech had 1 of 3 weapons: the LL, ML, or light gauss. Nothing else. The people in charge of the game (Dark Phoenix of NetBattletech) refused to adjust or change the weapons to make them more balanced so the game quickly became stale and everyone left to go chase fairies (Guild Wars). So in chart, if PGI refused to adjust or change weapons at all... I'd be already looking to stop spending any money on this thing.

You cant control other people in a "quick drop", you can only communicate with them. Work with them. YOU are not Gawd's gift to everyone else on your team, in fact you are 1 of 12. See it that way and become a mentor instead of a ramrod. Suggest moves and maneuvers, don't demand. If 4 go one way and you go another don't automatically think they are wrong, you bend and go with them (etc).

Etc etc.... in short, just chill and enjoy the game! ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users