32 replies to this topic

#1 Thelamon

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 78 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:43 AM

Yesterday we observed Kurita massively attacking Steiner and taking a Steiner planet as a result. Whats wrong with these guys? (Scared to fight Clanners?)

The Kuritas definitely can't blame this on the "Steam-Noobs" as the offensive was conducted by several organized Kurita units. "Heroicly" beating Steiner Pugs till we found them.

Unfortunately the organized Steiners were caught off-guard by this and couldn't stop the attack in time before te cease-fire.
(We "found" this BS attack when conducting a few casual small-group CW Drops last night.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is this a full scale war - and every Steiner can now start grabbing a juice bit of Kurita Space?

I suggest that this gets sorted out quick befor the IS starts a civil war in the face of the Clanners coming once again.

#2 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:09 PM

Maybe a bit of IS vs IS warfare will be good for a change.

I for one, plus others no doubt, would be happy for a change and may come back to CW if every battle does not involve going up against clan.

Cheers!
Eboli.

#3 Memnon Valerius Thrax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 766 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:25 PM

i didnt see the Problem.

Its Faction Warfare not IS vs. Clan Warfare.

#4 Dugra Dugrasson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 139 posts
  • LocationKris Kringle's Resistance Bunker

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:38 PM

Kurita have no Clans left to attack.

#5 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

I can't speak for everyone in HK but I think most of us don't give a **** about planetary control right now. People are just trying to get in drops wherever they can.

#6 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

View Postpwnface, on 14 December 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

I can't speak for everyone in HK but I think most of us don't give a **** about planetary control right now. People are just trying to get in drops wherever they can.

Preach on Reverend!

#7 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:59 PM

Why does it seem like every time you guys go anywhere else you get accused of "being scared of the clans"?

And hell, I'll admit I was once such a voice, but with time comes maturity, I guess.

#8 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:01 PM

View PostValar13, on 14 December 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

Why does it seem like every time you guys go anywhere else you get accused of "being scared of the clans"?

And hell, I'll admit I was once such a voice, but with time comes maturity, I guess.

I think we've taken several CSJ worlds already? I'll need to double check but I think we have like 3 or something.

#9 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:02 PM

View Postpwnface, on 14 December 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

I think we've taken several CSJ worlds already? I'll need to double check but I think we have like 3 or something.

To be fair, some Liao players were whining that we were attacking them the other night instead of fighting Clans too.

Sorry, folks go where the fights and rewards are. Phase III should help but until then Faction Play is just a way to try to find more organized groups to fight.

#10 Maclaren210

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:16 PM

I see some 1st hussars insignia on the kurita team, but they are FRR loyalists. Seems a little fishy.

#11 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:26 PM

View PostMaclaren210, on 14 December 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

I see some 1st hussars insignia on the kurita team, but they are FRR loyalists. Seems a little fishy.

Nothing fishy, everyone trying to go different factions to get their mech bays and bonuses. heaven forbid I go around and get my free mech bays.

#12 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:38 PM

View PostThelamon, on 14 December 2015 - 12:43 AM, said:

Yesterday we observed Kurita massively attacking Steiner and taking a Steiner planet as a result. Whats wrong with these guys? (Scared to fight Clanners?)

The Kuritas definitely can't blame this on the "Steam-Noobs" as the offensive was conducted by several organized Kurita units. "Heroicly" beating Steiner Pugs till we found them.

Unfortunately the organized Steiners were caught off-guard by this and couldn't stop the attack in time before te cease-fire.
(We "found" this BS attack when conducting a few casual small-group CW Drops last night.)

Is this a full scale war - and every Steiner can now start grabbing a juice bit of Kurita Space?

I suggest that this gets sorted out quick befor the IS starts a civil war in the face of the Clanners coming once again.
\

First off it is a game and right now the map is still meaningless. It was crap like this that made CW 1 not very much fun because heaven forbid you attacked a faction you had a "ceasefire" with. You'd get berated by the opposite team and have shame posts just like this one made against you. Mercs control the game anyways, just be happy you got a match because after the last event CW has died down to nothing again. Maybe when CW 3 comes out and we have an actual reason to think about ceasefires and such but right now it should just about getting games in.

Edited by Red Legs Greaves, 14 December 2015 - 04:40 PM.

#13 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:20 PM

I don't see the problem. Steiner has already ceded victory to Marik by stating a refusal to defend their worlds. Why does it matter if Kurita governs them? Are you some kind of racist that feels Marik is ok but not the cool ranch Kuritos?

#14 Giving Em The Business

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 66 posts
  • LocationOn your six, duct tape at the ready

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:32 PM

The game is a grind and if I can gain exp,c-bills,gxp by attacking you in CW then guess who is getting attacked?
This isn't about the map, it's about free PGI shwag when jumping through the faction wheel for most people.
Especially people who don't want to pay RL cash for mechbays.
In other words it's called hustling, so you shouldn't take it personal because it actually is purely business.
No pun intended. Posted Image

Edited by Giving Em The Business, 14 December 2015 - 07:33 PM.

#15 Weirdisdead

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:35 PM

1st Hussar Remnants are loyalists, but we are currently on a vacation in Kurita for mechbays for another week. Remember that a good deal of Rasalhaugians were originally Kuritans before they obtained the "rights" to their own space.

#16 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:42 PM

View PostMaclaren210, on 14 December 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

It is true that the 1st Hussar Remnants have signed on with Kurita for a little while. This has been the first time in the 1st's history that we have left the FRR. Since there is no "canon faction unit" system and we are all considered mercenaries, it does not make sense to just stay around while new and older players can get mechbays and other rewards. As a bonus, we will fight the enemies of the FRR wherever they might be found.

We have decided to go on a voyage to loot and plunder mechbays, c-bills, GXP, and to make new friends. The vikings were travelers and so are we. The FRR and its populace are a unique breed. Come to our FRR channel, it is open to everyone who wants to drop with us. We fight Clanners constantly within the shield-wall next to our brothers and sisters. If you want hard fights, come here and fight the Clans.

The first one through the gate is a hero. To victory or Valhalla!

#17 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:04 PM

I will freely admit that DERP Customer Service is intentionally attacking IS Planets because it really is no fun beating on the Clans with OP IS Mechs. Since a lot of IS Units end up defending all the time anyway, attacking an IS planet means we get better fights. Attacking Clan planets means we just roflstomp pugs.

This message was posted on behalf of VorpalAnvil, DERP Customer Service Officer.

Edited by Telemachus Rheade, 14 December 2015 - 10:06 PM.

#18 SoggyGorilla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:07 PM

View PostTelemachus Rheade, on 14 December 2015 - 10:04 PM, said:

I will freely admit that DERP Customer Service is intentionally attacking IS Planets because it really is no fun beating on the Clans with OP IS Mechs. Since a lot of IS Units end up defending all the time anyway, attacking an IS planet means we get better fights. Attacking Clan planets means we just roflstomp pugs.

This message was posted on behalf of VorpalAnvil, DERP Customer Service Officer.

not sure if the IS is op, but i can tell you from the clan side of things. I win almost every match i play, and clan wolf takes at least 1 planet every cease fire. but that could be related to -MS- being on wolf.

#19 Zankou Ryles

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis,MO

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:20 PM

The reason Kurita has been attacking Steiner is because 1, We have no Clanners to attack and 2, Its about time for some IS vs IS matches again until PGI starts to learn how much they nerfed the Clan mechs to the point of Uselessness, even most DIE HARD Clanners are starting to wonder if going IS would be a good idea. DERP is going to be staying around IS until PGI becomes intelligent again and puts the clans back to where they should be.

#20 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:31 PM

View PostAlec Braca, on 14 December 2015 - 08:42 PM, said:

It is true that the 1st Hussar Remnants have signed on with Kurita for a little while. This has been the first time in the 1st's history that we have left the FRR. Since there is no "canon faction unit" system and we are all considered mercenaries, it does not make sense to just stay around while new and older players can get mechbays and other rewards. As a bonus, we will fight the enemies of the FRR wherever they might be found.

We have decided to go on a voyage to loot and plunder mechbays, c-bills, GXP, and to make new friends. The vikings were travelers and so are we. The FRR and its populace are a unique breed. Come to our FRR channel, it is open to everyone who wants to drop with us. We fight Clanners constantly within the shield-wall next to our brothers and sisters. If you want hard fights, come here and fight the Clans.

The first one through the gate is a hero. To victory or Valhalla!

Nice...the 9th Sword has been a Kuritan loyalist unit for the longest time but recently tried a different faction for a short contract. Went with FRR...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users