#1 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:13 AM

The following is from IS perspective.

So played a few CW matches recently where the attackers kept wasting mechs (my opinion...one seems like a good idea maybe, but three or more?) by putting multiple spotters/scouts on top of the wall (of shame) each time they came in. Sure they got a few shots in but they were more of an annoyance than anything. By the end there were two Shadow Cats and an Arctic Cheetah running around up there running the clock out and we were out of jump mechs. This got me to thinking about bringing in a dedicated 4th wave Vitric Forge "scout hunter" designed specifically for getting up top and either killing, or at least intimidating (so they run off the edge) most light/medium mechs that one might encounter up there.

My initial thoughts here are something with a lot of missile hard points so as to boat Streaks but also something fairly large/durable so as to be able to handle one or more mechs that they might encounter. Obviously a decent JJ component is a necessity.

So first question, is the idea of a 4th wave scout hunter (specific for Vitric) a waste of a mech?
Second question, is my view of streaks in error here? Most people I drop with seem to think the weak Streak-2 that we have is a waste alone or in groups. I tend to agree (I mean I don't have any builds that currently include them). But in this instance, it seems to me that a Streak-6 or Streak-8 might not be a total waste (I admit my bias here is driven largely due to the prevalence of late of Arctic Cheetahs).

Thoughts?

I am thinking of a Griffin 2n with 4 Streak 2s, 2MPL (or maybe a LL), 5JJ, AMS (just because), ECM and maybe even a beagle too, running on a stock std 275.

#2 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:11 PM

I dropped in a few of those matches with you and had a ball cleaning them off of there with the KTO and uav watching them jump off into our waiting teammates.
Streaks are kinda weak and both those mechs bring their own ecm so if there are 2 of them you would have to have BAP and Ecm to keep locks or pop a bird soon as you were up there. Running counter mode would expose you to their lrms as well even when they couldn't counter you.

They are annoying as hell up there though, so yeah a counter is needed.

#3 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:21 PM

I went ahead and built the thing. Took your advice and kept the BAP. Guess we will see if its worth a damn (I fully recognize the sub-par alpha and even dps potential here...at least it runs cool!) the next time we drop on Vitric.

#4 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:39 PM

I personally keep a Nova on hand for that, but then, that's a clan mech. Maybe a shadowhawk with streaks and Acs? I've always had decent luck with ac 5s against lights.

~Leone

#5 John Stryker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:04 PM

You could also go with a jr7-d with 4 ml and 2 ssrm2. Which is how i run mine.

#6 habu86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:47 PM

I've verified that you can actually get a Marauder with a 320 engine and a single jump jet up there. Takes a bit of work and you'll have to jump on some the smaller walls on the Delta line first, but I can be done. Enjoy smashing the insects :)

#7 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:04 PM

My first thought. FAST for one of the Phoenix mediums. MAX JJs. Relatively heat-efficient. Streaks and BAP, and they synch-up closely with the MPLs (also some mild cooldown quirks for both). Toss in MPL range and cooldown modules, 360 target retention module, and you should be able to terrorize lights. Oh, and some mild structure quirks for survivability.

SIMILAR concept, different chassis, better offensive quirks.

One for the road. ("Hey, buddy, take a number!" - DLR)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users