#21 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:31 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 14 December 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

For the Decal system... I know it's asking a lot, but I thought I would ask, again, anyway, to see if there's been any change in policy... will we be able to upload our own decals, such as unit logo's and sub-element logo's? If not right away, will there be a change in the future to accommodate it?

I can absolutely dig why the community would want this, and I've seen several units with very cool custom original logos.

My only worry would be how they might control the uploading of inappropriate content in this system, short of actually visually reviewing every uploaded image for approval before allowing a unit to use it.

I suppose they could create an anything goes policy, and then let the community self-police, via reporting, along the lines of the naming policy, but with the chaos of the battlefield, I could see questionable decals floating along unchallenged for quite awhile.

#22 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:32 PM

No fix for text chat yet? Really guys it's been broken since open beta....

#23 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:38 PM

All looks good.

Btw PGI, I'm sure there'll be some people just dying to apply the stock decals. But I think you'll find, that if you don't give us custom decals in some form, the community will be quite disappointed. Almost every game these days that allows the custom application of decals, has SOME system for allowing players to create their own decals.

Games like armored core V set a good example to follow.

#24 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:48 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 14 December 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

No fix for the exceedingly unstable game, and inability to re-launch the game without restarting my PC?

That sucks, means I can't play with the mechs I bought.

Sorry, it is your computer and / or your internet connection. I would email support and see if they can point you in the direction of a solution.

#25 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:48 PM

Still no fix for warhorns misfire? Or again you made some tuning but still unsure if it will be it to actually list it?

#26 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:51 PM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 14 December 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

My only worry would be how they might control the uploading of inappropriate content in this system, short of actually visually reviewing every uploaded image for approval before allowing a unit to use it.

I suppose they could create an anything goes policy, and then let the community self-police, via reporting, along the lines of the naming policy, but with the chaos of the battlefield, I could see questionable decals floating along unchallenged for quite awhile.
What I would actually like to see is a module on the web site that PGI sets up, that would allow people to upload images into a queue, where the image is not visible, yet. Community members are welcome to volunteer to vote yay or nay for each of the images over the course of seven (7) days, and then the highest vote count, either way, determines whether the logo is good or not. The creator of the logo gets an email at the end of that 7 days, either way, and then can change and resubmit, or submit a completely new logo, to face the voting, again.

It is NOT fool proof, but I think it would be a way from keeping the devs from having to do more than develop a voting system, and a means of inserting the logo into the game, and tracking logo file names that have already been submitted, to keep ones voted down from being submitted under that logo name, again, and it would allow Players to have a bit more power over how they want their community to look, as well as allowing those who are offended by any logo to submit reports, per normal, and THEN allow Support to make final decisions over yay or nay.

NOT fool proof, but... nothing really is.

#27 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:53 PM

I am glad that I can get the new cockpit items without buying the whole Origins pack, since I am not ready to be put out to pasture in a second-line mech yet (even though in MWO the IIC mechs will be > Omnis).

And I can't wait for my "deckles".

Edited by IronClaws, 14 December 2015 - 04:55 PM.

#28 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:53 PM

Don't waste time supporting 32 bit...

#29 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostDoctorDetroit, on 14 December 2015 - 04:53 PM, said:

Don't waste time supporting 32 bit...
. The launcher used to let you choose between 32 and 64 bit, not sure about the Steam version though.

#30 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:59 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 14 December 2015 - 04:02 PM, said:

Fixed! Wolfhound is set for C-Bill release tomorrow.

Further change of plans, Wolfhound and Crab are both releasing tomorrow for C-Bills.

Also Urbie.....

Sometimes I'm crabby... but... tomorrow I'll be extra crabby, if you know what I mean. :) (in a happy way)

#31 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:00 PM

View PostIronClaws, on 14 December 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

Sorry, it is your computer and / or your internet connection. I would email support and see if they can point you in the direction of a solution.

Worked fine 2 weeks prior.

Though, I've been told it might be Avast. Time to test...Soon™

#32 A sebaceous cyst

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:09 PM

All these changes and fixes and improvements to the mechlab but the "expand all" still won't save between games...when is this going to get fixed? It was in the patch notes weeks ago but it is still not functioning "as intended".

#33 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:33 PM

Good to hear work on decals and AI is progressing.

However PGI, I would urge you to put some resources into developing a simple Quick-Chat system so that PUGs can communicate while in combat, or when scouting. It would improve the game so much for something so simple.

Something along the lines of pressing the F4, F5 and/or F6 key to get a list of commands like

Under F4:
F1 - Enemy Spotted
F2 - Stick together
F3 - Split up
F4 - Help me, I need backup!
F5 - Flank left
F6 - Flank right
F7 - Push
F8 - Stay Put
F9 - Retreat!

Under F5:
F1 - Affirmative
F2 - Negative
F3 - Good work!
F4 - Thanks for the help
F5 - Don't be foolish
F6 - Watch your fire

Not everyone has a microphone (mine died yesterday) but they still want to co-ordinate with teammates.

#34 mariomanz28

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 188 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationForest VA US

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:43 PM

And the poor HGN-733P still keeps it's ballistic quirks when it has not one single ballistic hard point...

Cmon guys you could hotfix the BJ-1X the day after the last patch but you couldn't fix the quirks on this mech in two weeks?

Edited by mariomanz28, 14 December 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#35 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:44 PM

The colorblind fix is a great start, but we need a full colorblind HUD setting.

#36 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:46 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 14 December 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

Worked fine 2 weeks prior.

Though, I've been told it might be Avast. Time to test...Soon™

Yeah, get rid of AVAST, it causes problems in all kinds of games. Windows defender works fine, unless you open unknown emails constantly or illegally download stuff.

Edited by IronClaws, 14 December 2015 - 05:46 PM.

#37 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:47 PM

I refunded mine.

#38 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:48 PM

For custom decals, make them cost MC to submit to pgi for review. Once uploaded, the submitter can link a preview to friends/unit mates who can "pledge" a chunk of the cost. When the cost of the decal is covered, pgi will review it. If the decal fails to acquire funding or is rejected for some reason, the MC is refunded.

#39 Oni74

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:00 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 14 December 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

No fix for the exceedingly unstable game, and inability to re-launch the game without restarting my PC?

I have never seen the problem you are describing here. I exit MWO and re-launch all the time w/o restarting my computer. You might be having an isolated issue - try repair tool and/or updating your drivers my friend. Hope this helps.

#40 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:04 PM

View Postmariomanz28, on 14 December 2015 - 05:43 PM, said:

And the poor HGN-733P still keeps it's ballistic quirks when it has not one single ballistic hard point...

Cmon guys you could hotfix the BJ-1X the day after the last patch but you couldn't fix the quirks on this mech in two weeks?

hahaha oh my god yea

HGN-733P ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (LL): 10.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (RL): 10.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (LT): 10.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (RT): 10.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (CT): 14.00 ADDITIONAL ARMOR (LA): 15.00 ADDITIONAL ARMOR (RA): 15.00 LASER DURATION: -10.00 % ENERGY RANGE: 15.00 % MISSILE COOLDOWN: 10.00 % MISSILE VELOCITY: 10.00 % GAUSS RIFLE COOLDOWN: 5.00 % BALLISTIC COOLDOWN: 10.00 % ACCELERATION RATE: 55.00 % DECELERATION RATE: 55.00 % TURN RATE: 35.00 % TORSO TURN RATE (YAW): 15.00 % TORSO TURN ANGLE (YAW): 10.00

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users