Help Me Pick What You Think Is The Worst Mech

125 replies to this topic

#41 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:18 PM

Allot of it has to do with fighting style. Took me awhile to get use to Stalkers but for a short time, I was considering selling them and getting else. After a year of playing a Thunderbolt, I wasn't use to that elongated torso and got that walking-broadside-of-a-bard feel every time I got flanked (Awesome pilots, I feel your pain)

#42 LightningStorm

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 60 posts
  • Locationİstanbul, Türkiye

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:24 PM

I vote Commando and Mist Lynx. and as a runner up, Vindicator

#43 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:08 AM

I have the disagree about the Nova. I have 3 of them and i can regularly crank out between 300-700 damage on them depending on the flow of the game. I personally love the low stature so i can sneak up on people and get within 250 yards where my nova can cut apart other mechs including some heavies.

#44 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:36 PM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 05 January 2016 - 06:08 AM, said:

I have the disagree about the Nova. I have 3 of them and i can regularly crank out between 300-700 damage on them depending on the flow of the game. I personally love the low stature so i can sneak up on people and get within 250 yards where my nova can cut apart other mechs including some heavies.

Yep, I'd take a Nova over a heavy any day.

#45 BansheeNTD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 549 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:29 PM

Worst, worster, Fenris
And from the IS, Victor...

Edited by BansheeNorn, 06 January 2016 - 03:30 PM.

#46 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:00 AM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 05 January 2016 - 06:08 AM, said:

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 05 January 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

Yep, I'd take a Nova over a heavy any day.

They are good at brawling with small lasers. They're still not great. I've done a lot of really good games in the Orion before last balance pass. They're still pretty much objectively worse compared to my other choices I could have brought for my team's heavy slots. It's ok to have a preference, but I accept poor mechs for what they are, even if I like them.

#47 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:01 AM

View PostBansheeNorn, on 06 January 2016 - 03:29 PM, said:

Worst, worster, Fenris

Very underrated mech.

#48 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:46 PM

View PostMoldur, on 07 January 2016 - 10:00 AM, said:

They are good at brawling with small lasers. They're still not great. I've done a lot of really good games in the Orion before last balance pass. They're still pretty much objectively worse compared to my other choices I could have brought for my team's heavy slots. It's ok to have a preference, but I accept poor mechs for what they are, even if I like them.

Well I do not accept that my Nova is a poor mech. Actually, for me, it's my best mech. With 549 public matches in the prime variant alone, I'm quite familiar with how the chassis runs, and I have a decent KDR of 2.05 in it. All this and I do not use the 11/12 small laser variant which is listed as tier 1 competitive by metamechs, I use 6 smalls and a UAC/10.

#49 Kotev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:50 PM

There are no bad mechs only bad pilots. But to be honest some mechs are more competitive then other.

#50 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:58 PM

View PostKotev, on 07 January 2016 - 03:50 PM, said:

There are no bad mechs only bad pilots. But to be honest some mechs are more competitive then other.

Eh, just a different way of saying the same thing IMO.

#51 Euklides

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

I am now done eliting the myth.

Preliminary stats for the build I am using ( http://mwo.smurfy-ne...24d7f3980e589d5 smurfy keeps removing actuators, add those) is conflicting.

The mlx-b was the first and my test platform for all the builds I could think of, honourable mentions goes to the 4 er-meds, 4 small pulse and the 3-srm4+1 small laser. They were all fun and fairly effective (more so the all energy ones).
But what I settled with was probably the one that felt most fun while retaining efficiency.

The MLX-A and D is the ones that only used this build with 50 matches on the A and 70 (The one that I am keeping) on the D. The A had a win loss of 1.6 while the A has 1.2. Too few matches to be statistically certain yet it seems. The KD is at 2.5 for the A and 2 for the D.
Average damage per match for the A is at 320 and 324 for the D.

Preliminairy thoughts before I have 500 matches on my D is that the myth is finicky, the bulky arms and all the weapons in them might be an issue at first glance, but it also means that you can be sure they take the hits when they should, otherwise you can stare (somewhat) at the damage and get it fairly spread to ct and st. then starting using arms as last blocks for damage when you can't take it in the face any longer.
The speed can be an issue if there are no vertical play, but the jumpjets can take you out of trouble fairly quick if you have cover to play with.

All in all, feels like a small ninja, jumping in dumping what ever you got, jumping out once it gets hot both attention wise and heat wise.

Got a match that showcases how I feel it plays like, I've done better, I've done worse. But this one shows what I've been talking about:
https://youtu.be/uYtkqd_ptLQ

Edited by Euklides, 10 January 2016 - 10:37 PM.

#52 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:07 PM

View PostEuklides, on 10 January 2016 - 09:47 PM, said:

I am now done eliting the myth.

Preliminary stats for the build I am using ( http://mwo.smurfy-ne...24d7f3980e589d5 smurfy keeps removing actuators, add those) is conflicting.

The mlx-b was the first and my test platform for all the build I could think off, honourable mentions goes to the 4 er-meds, 4 small pulse and the 3-srm4+1 small laser. They were all fun and fairly effective (more so the all energy ones).
But what I settled with was probably the one that felt most fun while retaining efficiency.

The MLX-A and D is the ones that only used this build with 50 matches on the A and 70 (The one that I am keeping) on the D. The A had a win loss of 1.6 while the A has 1.2. Too few matches to be statistically certain yet it seems. The KD is at 2.5 for the A and 2 for the D.
Average damage per match for the A is at 320 and 324 for the D.

Preliminairy thoughts before I have 500 matches on my D is that the myth is finicky, the bulky arms and all the weapons in them might be an issue at first glance, but it also means that you can be sure they take the hits when they should, otherwise you can stare (somewhat) at the damage and get it fairly spread to ct and st. then starting using arms as last blocks for damage when you can't take it in the face any longer.
The speed can be an issue if there are no vertical play, but the jumpjets can take you out of trouble fairly quick if you have cover to play with.

All in all, feels like a small ninja, jumping in dumping what ever you got, jumping out once it gets hot both attention wise and heat wise.

Got a match that showcases how I feel it plays like, I've done better, I've done worse. But this one shows what I've been talking about:
https://youtu.be/uYtkqd_ptLQ

Try the Vindie-1X next, I've found it's not so bad with an ERPPC and an Artemis-6.

Nice match btw.

Edited by Jack Shayu Walker, 10 January 2016 - 10:51 PM.

#53 Euklides

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:37 PM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 10 January 2016 - 10:07 PM, said:

Try the Vindie-1X next

Already bought one :)

Probably gonna troll around with 3-ac2's first and I need one more Exe for eliting, so after I got the 1x I'm gonna hold on getting the others to get the last stupidly expensive exe.

#54 noobicus

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:39 AM

That was a fun match to watch!

Also, good on you for taking time to explain your train of thought in team chat Posted Image.

#55 Euklides

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:45 AM

The vidicator is sooo slow... Something must be wrong with the acceleration quirks, because it does not feel like 60% when using the 225 engine (235 is the cap on all but the v1aa and the hero).

Must make a comparison between the other chassis when I am done eliting them. Because this feels a bit ridiculous.

Edit: Clarification

Edited by Euklides, 16 January 2016 - 08:16 AM.

#56 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:12 AM

View PostEuklides, on 16 January 2016 - 05:45 AM, said:

It is sooo slow...

I have a similar feeling. Kind of clumsy. And with a lot of inertia when using jets. Not really a mech I enjoy piloting.

Anyway, last week I saw you on several drops in your Lynx, you did pretty well most of the time, good job.

View PostKotev, on 07 January 2016 - 03:50 PM, said:

There are no bad mechs only bad pilots.

And there is the Vindicator.

#57 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:10 AM

This is a very subjective question, for me, my worst performing Mech is the Storm Crow, I just can't get it to work for me, that being said I'm decent or better in anything else

#58 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:07 PM

The Panther 10P & the Spider that only has CT lasers, imo.

#59 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:17 AM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 10 January 2016 - 10:07 PM, said:

Try the Vindie-1X next, I've found it's not so bad with an ERPPC and an Artemis-6.

Nice match btw.

I prefer AC10, 2MLs and a SRM, only Vindy I needed XL out of 3 not counting the Hero.

#60 Thunderchild

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:01 AM

View Postnodebate, on 15 December 2015 - 09:36 PM, said:

Awesome is not awesome. Combine the deceptive name with the billboard hitbox and you have the worst 'Mech in the game.

It's an awesome target tho

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users