32 replies to this topic

#21 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:49 AM

View Postclark97, on 16 December 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

First noticed last night but steam really has killed this game, loads of noobs on one team, people constantly running into one another and shooting each other trying to get a kill, 8 mechs chasing 2 around outside of HPG while 4 get massacred inside. Yesterday an entire assualt lance made of trial mechs. Few years of good fun on here but time to move on now!

Sooo... You don't want to see new players?

Give people a chance to learn, wow.

And running into people happens. I accidentally ran into an Atlas who was one bump away from death the other day and killed him. (was on my team) I certainly didn't mean to hit him and didn't think I was going to. It happens.

Edited by xTrident, 16 December 2015 - 10:50 AM.

#22 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:03 AM

If I could change tiers with you I would. Personally I find those matches that you describe to be hilarious.

#23 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:04 AM

Hmmm... I had a bad game... there was a Steam launch the other day... must be related!

Off to the forums to tell a bunch of people, who seriously don't care, that I'm quitting!

#24 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 16 December 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

That's not different from what we had before. You really shouldn't be so dramatic about it. Posted Image

^ True story. Nothing has really changed with the hundred or so new steam players.

#25 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:16 AM

Think of a four letter word, starts with P.

#26 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:16 AM

Everybody is new once, give them some slack.

Besides, if you really want to do something about it, take the time and help them (not in a condescending way either), and get the new players up to speed as fast as possible. Then things will get back to normal sooner, but with more players.

#27 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:23 AM

First noticed last night but steam really has killed this game, loads of noobs on one team, people constantly running into one another and shooting each other trying to get a kill, 8 mechs chasing 2 around outside of HPG while 4 get massacred inside. Yesterday an entire assualt lance made of trial mechs. Few years of good fun on here but time to move on now!

LOL. I think this is troll bait.

How could anyone be stupid enough to think that a transient effect like a release on Steam and an influx of new players that will only last so long could possibly wreck a game? These new players will learn the game over time and eventually become either vets or "bitter" vets :) ... either way the game will be better off in the long run. In the meantime, a few polite suggestions or tips might not go amiss :)

#28 Kushko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 493 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:29 AM

View Postsycocys, on 16 December 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

^ True story. Nothing has really changed with the hundred or so new steam players.

It is in fact several thousand new steam players.

#29 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:33 AM

---->member since2012 and walks around in same tier level as absolutly new players<------.
^^ take a look in the mirror mirror before you complain against BT& MW Beginners......have no gif big enough for that kind of Facepalm or Head>Desk. Deal with the new gamers, we all started as newbys not everbody played Mechwarrior before

Edited by Mighty Spike, 16 December 2015 - 12:20 PM.

#30 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:48 AM

View Postclark97, on 16 December 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

I've been away a year and didn't bother while I was abroad, been back two weeks and noticed the change overnight. Stupid little things like throttle decay have a lot to answer for (should be off by default) as if you don't know you just accept it !

So true. It is brutal to have to click that "Settings " button and see how the game is configured by Default. Just so brutal... ;)

"New" shouldn't mean "stupid" by Default. Get a clue and help yourself a little. :(

#31 VATER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 156 posts
  • LocationEYE OF TERROR

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

I love those threads....seriously.

I swear, as soon as he crawls out of the tier5 basement he will then complain that there is so many mean "metamechs" and instagibs and that he get 'rekt all the time by mastered mechs and how unfair life is...everyone had to start at some point and if you my dear OP are such a tremendously skilled player, me wonders how you are even able to see T5, because last time I checked T5 are the pariahs. Correct me if I am wrong.

#32 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:14 AM

Noobs are noobs, they gonna lern. But hey, why do you even play with so many noobs? as T3 you should stil have a good chance not to meet them. At leats not in masses s you describe. And if you really drop below T3 ten you are a noob yourself Posted Image

Edited by Lily from animove, 17 December 2015 - 01:15 AM.

#33 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:54 PM

Mr Rogers would like a word with you.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users