52 replies to this topic

#21 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:50 AM

IS vs.IS is 10x more fun than fighting vs clans. Also clan vs clan is 10x more fun than fighting against is as clan.

#22 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:05 AM

View Postkesmai, on 24 December 2015 - 12:50 AM, said:

IS vs.IS is 10x more fun than fighting vs clans. Also clan vs clan is 10x more fun than fighting against is as clan.

Always has been.

#23 100mile

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 24 December 2015 - 09:17 AM

View PostAlienized, on 20 December 2015 - 05:49 AM, said:

well, not every house can attack clans.
most important: the grudges between the houses have to be kept alive :>
this game is still battletech. marik/liao always fought davions.
it will always be like this. same goes for other battles that occur.
tradition will always remain in here =) clans also fight each other its just that the majority of comp teams are on clanside.
if MS would go Liao.... all hell would break lose. or if KCOM would join davion.

but chances that this happens are literally not there.

You couldn't be more wrong about one very important fact....THE CLANS DO NOT FIGHT EACH OTHER....They should but they DO NOT they work together to attack the IS houses while Marik, Liao and Kurita attack Davion....
I understand why Marik and Liao attack Davion...who likes to defend all the time and if they don't attack us whats left for them to do? It's a sucky situation for them and until PGI gives them a different option it won't change and I for one don't blame them...even if it is rather frustrating.

Kurita attacks Davion because that faction attracts a certain type of player and it's just the way they are...They are basically a clan Faction in mentality and personality and I am sure you have noticed the Clan factions tend to attract people with a rather unpleasant attitude and perspective....Unfortunately this won't change either.

Meanwhile Steiner and FRR fight a valiant fight but they are outgunned and outmanned due to the IS's inability to work together

We in Davion Space can't get it thru our heads to leave our neighbors alone either so we are not blameless...although we have tried to organize cease fires in the past we have been shot down or ignored because there is no command & control in the IS factions..Until there is some form of that then the merry go round continues on and on and on

The opinions expressed here are the sole opinions of this Poster and should not be attributed to any other Unit with in the Davion house...unless they like it or post they agree...thank you...Posted Image

#24 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 24 December 2015 - 09:36 AM

View Post100mile, on 24 December 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

You couldn't be more wrong about one very important fact....THE CLANS DO NOT FIGHT EACH OTHER.

They don't but I think it is in everyone's interest that PGI find's them a reason to fight each other. I have hopes that "planet value" in phase 3 may do that.

I'm kesmai that ISvIS fights are just more fun. Whenever I fight clanners, win or lose, I always end up just wishing I was fighting an IS team.

#25 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:02 AM

It's never been just IS houses united against the clans. Also, all Davions must die!

Edited by Telemachus Rheade, 24 December 2015 - 10:03 AM.

#26 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:10 AM

Davion attacked Kurita first. Die scum

#27 Caffeine Zombie

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:09 AM

First of all, why do you expect any support in "free for all game" at all? There is your current factions and the others, everything else is just a wet dream of wannabe-politicians.
Secondly, FedRats are called so for a reason. So you would probably be attacked even if there are some alternative targets, just because you are who you are.

#28 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:49 PM

Maybe you should spend less time defending Steiner worlds and more time defending your own.

#29 RhymenoserousRex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:58 PM

View PostAlienized, on 20 December 2015 - 05:49 AM, said:

this game is still battletech. marik/liao always fought davions.

Technically Marik always fought itself,liao and the steiners in that order of preference. House Marik doesn't share a border with Fedsuns.

Edited by RhymenoserousRex, 29 December 2015 - 09:59 PM.

#30 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:20 AM

View PostRhymenoserousRex, on 29 December 2015 - 09:58 PM, said:

Technically Marik always fought itself,liao and the steiners in that order of preference. House Marik doesn't share a border with Fedsuns.

so... the whole thing with thomas mariks son never happened... ok.

#31 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:28 PM

View PostAlienized, on 30 December 2015 - 07:20 AM, said:

so... the whole thing with thomas mariks son never happened... ok.
not never happened. Hasn't happened yet. The Marik/Liao assault happens in 3057.

#32 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 30 December 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

not never happened. Hasn't happened yet. The Marik/Liao assault happens in 3057.

true but were liao friends or foes in the time MWO is currently or were they some sort of partners?

#33 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:58 PM

I believe Isis was betrothed to Sun Tzu so at least it was a peace. There is also the treaty against fedcom in general.

#34 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:18 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 30 December 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

I believe Isis was betrothed to Sun Tzu so at least it was a peace. There is also the treaty against fedcom in general.

I think that arrangement was made during the battle of Tukayyid, and Sun Tzu only took over shortly before that. I'm not exactly sure what the relationship between the two houses was before that. I suspect Romano was busy being crazy and hating Davion and the Free Worlds were happy to leave it at that.

#35 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:39 PM

Praise be Phase III!

#36 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:35 PM

Davion high command could do the following.

1. Reach out to make alliances with another faction. (Difficult)
2. Hire MERCs. (Easy)
3. Coordinate attacks. (Easy)

#37 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:49 PM

View Post100mile, on 24 December 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

Kurita attacks Davion because that faction attracts a certain type of player and it's just the way they are...They are basically a clan Faction in mentality and personality and I am sure you have noticed the Clan factions tend to attract people with a rather unpleasant attitude and perspective....Unfortunately this won't change either.

You think we aren't sick of stomping on terrible Davion pilots yet?

Kurita has no attack lanes into clan space anymore. Have you even looked at the CW map? Look what we did to CSJ.

Also, DIE CLANNERS! FILTHY CLAN DAVION SCUM!

#38 100mile

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:20 PM

View Postpwnface, on 30 December 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

You think we aren't sick of stomping on terrible Davion pilots yet?

Kurita has no attack lanes into clan space anymore. Have you even looked at the CW map? Look what we did to CSJ.

Also, DIE CLANNERS! FILTHY CLAN DAVION SCUM!

Yea i've looked at what you did to CSJ since there wasn't anyone there to defend and no it's not your fault....so I have to admit you guys are in the same boat as the rest of us you are stuck defending against the clans or attacking your neighbors...course if you really wanted good fights you would hit FRR or Steiner but you don't wanna mess with your -MS- /Clan buddies or any of the comp level units in FRR so you continue to pound on Davion Knowing we are being hit on 2 more sides and won't be able to organize much resistance.
So like I said in my previous post "Kurita attacks Davion because that faction attracts a certain type of player and it's just the way they are...They are basically a clan Faction in mentality and personality and I am sure you have noticed the Clan factions tend to attract people with a rather unpleasant attitude and perspective....Unfortunately this won't change either."

The opinions expressed here are the sole opinions of this Poster and should not be attributed to any other Unit with in the Davion house...unless they like it or post they agree...thank you...Posted Image

#39 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 30 December 2015 - 06:09 PM

The entire Inner Sphere has decided to stop fighting the clans because the mechs are just OP and it isn't fair or fun.

They added the IIC mechs and then gave them 15 extra tons in CW.

The only reason the clans are falling back in CW is the loss of large merc groups. These groups find it easier to stomp IS pugs than OP clan mechs driven by Clan pugs.

#40 Irishtoker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIn a hole at the bottom of the Nexus.

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:11 AM

I obviously have some reading to do...the books must be amazing.

Came here looking to see if there was a summary of the Inner Sphere and Clan aspects of the game. As someone essentially ignorant of the lore, and generally a newer player...I play quick play matches and see many player using clan weapons which seem to out preform their counterparts, and decimate standard builds.

I digress...

Are clans not just factions acting under a different title?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users